Passengers on flight 420 to Amsterdam, proceed to gate G13

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Smirks

Re: Passengers on flight 420 to Amsterdam, proceed to gate G

Post by Smirks »

Was in Utopia last night, Nel was there, Gapie was there, Bleak was there. Others too. I did bongs, lots of them. My nose bled, but stopped pretty quickly. Treetop stepped in to say hi, but left after about a minute, cos he had to catch a train. Free teas and no surcharge for pipe screens, had a blast, thank you all……and then I motherfucking woke up!

gapie

Post by gapie »

huh a dream lolz
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Smirks wrote:Was in Utopia last night, Nel was there, Gapie was there, Bleak was there. Others too. I did bongs, lots of them. My nose bled, but stopped pretty quickly. Treetop stepped in to say hi, but left after about a minute, cos he had to catch a train. Free teas and no surcharge for pipe screens, had a blast, thank you all……and then I motherfucking woke up!
haha ive had those dreams myself
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Sorry I never read this before. That was quite a trek round the west!

I had a whole bunch of shops marked as closed with a question mark in the Directory. You've now confirmed that most of them are indeed closed. Thanks for the info.

You didn't happen to find "No 1 Orfe" did you? I think that was gone years ago too.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Sorry Lem, had intended to check it out but forgot about it. Another one from the Westerpark area, Natty Culture, is now an Argentinean Steakhouse and the shop that was de Overkant is now a second hand clothes shop.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Life update:

Have not visited Ams this year and unlikely to do so again until 420 2015. Have had lots of other things going on in life, such as becoming a dad, failing to buy a house (despite making it all the way to the day we were supposed to exchange contracts) and lastly leaving London and moving to Malta.

Since the wee man arrived on the scene back in May, I've switched from almost exclusively bong hitting to vaporizing. I've been a fan of vaping for a long time, but only since I completely cut out the combustion have I fully appreciated it. I already had a magic flight box, a volcano and a Herborizer, but I added a few more to my collection including an oil pen and a Da Vinci Ascent. Now that I've moved to Malta I was unable to ship over my volcano, so that's still in London until it can be thoroughly cleaned inside and out. The Ascent was also impossible to fully clean as the ceramic bowl is coated and even ISO fails to clean it effectively, so it was left behind too. The Herborizer is en route along with a few of my favourite glass pieces and I've bought and brought an Arizer Solo with me. Now I just have to find something decent to vape out of it, which is not so easy in Malta.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Smirks wrote:Life update:

Have not visited Ams this year and unlikely to do so again until 420 2015. Have had lots of other things going on in life, such as becoming a dad, failing to buy a house (despite making it all the way to the day we were supposed to exchange contracts) and lastly leaving London and moving to Malta.

Since the wee man arrived on the scene back in May, I've switched from almost exclusively bong hitting to vaporizing. I've been a fan of vaping for a long time, but only since I completely cut out the combustion have I fully appreciated it. I already had a magic flight box, a volcano and a Herborizer, but I added a few more to my collection including an oil pen and a Da Vinci Ascent. Now that I've moved to Malta I was unable to ship over my volcano, so that's still in London until it can be thoroughly cleaned inside and out. The Ascent was also impossible to fully clean as the ceramic bowl is coated and even ISO fails to clean it effectively, so it was left behind too. The Herborizer is en route along with a few of my favourite glass pieces and I've bought and brought an Arizer Solo with me. Now I just have to find something decent to vape out of it, which is not so easy in Malta.

i really hope you make it in april 2015,, if you need a place to stay let me know i will be in town from the 8th till the 28th, let me know what your plans are

Peace matty
gapie

Post by gapie »

:mrgreen: :x :twisted: :lol: 8)
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Good to hear you've arrived safely to you're island exile smirkus, we'll miss you but see you in mokum. Or Malta :mrgreen:
What a long strange trip it is.
luvtick

Post by luvtick »

Congratulations on the new baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stoner chicks RULE
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

All the best smirks mate :mrgreen: top stoner :mrgreen:
A pleasure to be part of 1 of your last smoke up's over here :mrgreen:
See you again some place some time :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Congrats!
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

So, due largely to becoming a dad and moving to Malta, I didn't get to visit Amsterdam last year, but that is all about to change and I'll be touching down for another few days of bleary eyed indulgence in about 12 hours from now.

So how is my new life in Malta? Pretty good, the weather is nice, the people are friendly and the 11-month old carpet crawler seems to be enjoying himself. I've also finally managed to get some good and relatively reliable sources for weed and hash. Had some very nice soft fresh pollen for €10 a gram at the end of last year but then there were some big busts on the island, followed by an inevitable drought and subsequent 150% jacking up of prices. Yes it's extortionate but €25 a gram is the current asking price and that's for mediocre crap. I was sold some shake and leaves one time and laughably the guy said it was Amnesia. But I have found some very good quality imported buds now for a much more reasonable €16 a gram and the hash price seems to have subsided back to the €10-€12 mark again.

The only real negative so far is that I've been quite ill and spent a bit of time in hospital. I have a bowel disease that will be with me for life and I'm just adjusting to changes to my diet and lifestyle. But I feel good and I'm hungry for a few days in Amsterdam.

This time I hope to get to loads of T&Ts, catch up with old friends, meet some new ones and maybe do another exploration of a lesser known part of the city. Anyone up for an Eastern Docks/Oosterpark adventure? Maybe chuck in a quick visit to the Tropensmuseum too. Haven't been there since 1990!
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Not long now, in UK waiting to board flight, which departs in just over an hour. Plan for today...oops knew I'd forgotten something. Beyond checking in to apartment and meeting Gapie in Voyagers at 4pm, nothing yet is planned. Time to start thinking about the possibilities...Utopia is definitely on the cards at some point this evening as is Batavia later on. Siberia I think will also get a visit and a session on their Arizer, shame about Anyday. Dinner somewhere in Jordaan perhaps and a few buy n flies are also probably on the cards.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)

See you Sunday :D.
What a long strange trip it is.