Passengers on flight 420 to Amsterdam, proceed to gate G13

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
gapie

Re: Passengers on flight 420 to Amsterdam, proceed to gate G

Post by gapie »

:mrgreen: :twisted: :P

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

50 minute flight about to take off....woooosh
gapie

Post by gapie »

see ya in a bit
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Day 1 Part 1:

The plane lands on time, and by 1.30 i'm in the baggage hall waiting for my luggage to arrive. Belt two says the sign, estimated arrival time for bags for my flight 13.51, huh, 20 min wait, ho hum. Ok, so i start to browse the forum for while and a few minutes later I look up and the sign now says "alle baggage zijn gelost." Fuck, they've lost all the bags from the flight, shit, what am I going to…for a microsecond before the English version of "all baggage has been unloaded" scrolled round. Relax. The bags arrived way before the estimated arrival time and by 13.51 i'm on a train into the centre.

20-minute stroll west to Prinseneiland wasn't too bad. My bag is quite big and heavy, but its a four while drive case, so quite easy to push. 3rd time i've booked with CityMundo and by 2.30 pm I'm being welcomed into the apartment by the obligatory mad landlady (see previous trip reports in this thread for further details of the first two iterations of this quirk that seems to go with this booking site). Great little studio apartment in a converted warehouse in a very chilled part of Amsterdam. Funky decoration, fake deer heads on the wall, a swing chair and the wall is painted to resemble a Freisian cow. The landlady shows me round, then heads off to spend the weekend in her second home, a caravan on the shore of as lake just outside town. After she leaves I discover the bathroom and as i'm on the throne, I notice a wall of christams cards, all with a risqué theme - one of santa reading out a wish list that says "you want a 12 inch vibrator for christmas, you dirty both", one that has a man and woman with word bubbles: the man says "all I want for Christmas is a world peace" with the woman retorting "all I want for Christmas is rich man with a huge cock." Now it makes sense, Maddie had told me she just split up from a 10-year marriage, these are cards from her friends. Ha.

After unpacking, its already 4pm so I head out, first stop will be Voyagers….to be continued
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Day 1, Part 2

On the way i walk along Haarlemerstraat, past Barneys, Greenhouse, etc. A lot of the regular shops and restaurants have changed here since my last visit, taking a decisive step upmarket. I pop into the vaporiser shop and have a quick look at the Arizer Air and the new Flowermate V7.0. But its only a quick look, as I want to make it Voyagers for 4.20. By 4.19 I'm walking into the shop and right there at the seats by the door are Occasional Bowl and Gapie. At precisely 4.20 I take my first hit on the Flowermate that Gapie purchased on my behalf a couple of weeks ago from Floofenburger. See this thread for more details:

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 11&t=30725

Its Tangie, nice taste. I purchase some Lemon Bubble for €13 and we load some of that into the Flowermate after doing the same with some Somari that OB has scored in Erste Hulp. The LB is better than the Somari and the Tangie. Really begins to hit us hard now. Good bit of banter, bit of a laugh and then we decamp to Utopia for more of the same.

Both OB and I comment on how busy the town seems this year, way more tourists on the streets than in previous Aprils. Ingi is working in Utopia and after sniffing few jars, the good old faithful Citral at €13 is my purchase. Love this one, been in my top 3 smokes for the last few visits and I think this year will be no different. We stack the Flowmate to the hilt and the next session produces some very big clouds and great effects, bliss. Thanks Ingi for the free tea :). By around 7 I head off with Stan for a BNF at Grey Area. Kosher Kush at a rather steep but what the fuck why not €16 a g. Refill the Flowermate and head off for some dinner. On the walk the battery in the vape finally gives up. Pretty good going, its managed around 20 x 6 minute sessions. I have dinner in a Vietnamese place near Barneys and sit at a table with a plug socket to recharge the FM while I eat.

Quick pitstop at Albert Heijn to get some breakfast supplies then its time to head out for the evening session, as its approaching 10pm and the Batavia opening night party is approaching…

To be continued….
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Day 1, Part 3

As I walk into the centre again i pass an unusual site, well maybe not for Amsterdam - a party taking place in a shoe shop. Several hours later when I return home, it is still going. I arrive at Batavia at about 10.30, get a beer and heard down to the smoking room. No ACD to be seen, huh! About 10 mins later they show up - Gapie, OB, Lem and J, Afraidofspiders and Papi_3city. Reunions, welcomes and other pleasantries out of the way and the joints start doing the rounds as does the newly recharged Flowermate. Its a fun session for about an hour so, but lacking in numbers. No sign of Treetop, who I had expected to show up, probably he's still glued to his own vape somewhere. Most head off for an early night but Papi and I head off for a final hour bong session. We target Cafe 420, but is chocka in there so we head back to Utopia. I get some €13 Super Diamond and we bong it having a few bowls, mixed with the remaining Citral from earlier, the Kosher Kush and a mixture of the two. The diamond is indeed rather super.

Have a chat with Ingi about the 420 Cup and wonder whether they ail improve on last year's second place. Would be nice if they did, given that its their farewell 420 :( I ask what will happen to the Citral when they close and the bad news is that that could be RIP even before the shop closes, as Ingi explains that the grower is going to give up soon, due to the oppressive dutch laws on growing. Double RIP at the end of the year :( :(

By 1am its closing time and I head home. Bran flakes get a look in well before breakfast time, to quell the recent onslaught of the munchies, then i drift off into a peaceful and satisfying sleep. Day 2 here we come :)
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Thank you for sharing.
It's like I'm there with you all. :)
Looking forward to Day 2.
Cheers
:mrgreen:
gapie

Post by gapie »

:mrgreen: :P
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Good stuff there Smirkus :D :mrgreen:.
Got myself a Flowermate yesterday and they aint bad at all, looking forward to going over the top with it when I get there tomorrow lunchtime :roll:. probably got Amsterdam+ quality herb here, so having a good training run :mrgreen: 8).
What a long strange trip it is.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

thanks smirks ,, cant wait for the next one
Bliss Receptor

Post by Bliss Receptor »

Excellent reporting, Smirks, keep it coming :mrgreen:
'Everything I've seen needs rearranging' - Arthur Lee, 1967
jiffa

Post by jiffa »

This is great reading thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
Jail for growing a plant laughed the gypsy!
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Day 2

I awoke at 8am and immediately got out of bed. High fibre diet consumed, I proceeded to write the report from day 1 of the trip. I'm in the same situation now on day 3 as I write this and its going to be more of a struggle to remember day 2 than it was for day 1, but here goes.

After shitting showering shaving and finishing the day 1 report, the 4th s of smoking becomes my next priority. After a slow wander into town and a bit of time checking out headshops, I decided to make my way to Voyagers a bit earlier than the 12pm rendezvous. I walk in and Papi is right behind me, arriving seconds later. We command the seats next to the door and Occasional Bowl and Treetop make their appearances soon after as well. During these first smokes of the day both Papi and TT leave the shop to go pick some things up. Very different things, as Papi had brought some Polish sausages for Treetop, while Treetop himself had some weed samples to pick up from a grower friend of his, for quality control testing purposes ;)

Both return after a short while and the day starts as the day will continue, with relentless filling of vaporisers interspersed with repeated filling of bong bowls, augmented by the ubiquitous circling of spliffs. My purchase of the morning is Voyagers Tangie, a gram of which sets me back €16. A lot of people are raving about this strain, its nice indeed, orangey, very orangey, but IMO a little bit boring (after the initial vitamin c rush that the smell induces thoughts of has subsided).

After a while Treetop pops out again this time to see a friend he knows who produces hash, who has some samples for us to test, you known to see if he's got the hash producing techniques right or not. If you have some samples and nobody to test them, then maybe you can hire the ACD QCTC (Quality Control Testing Crew). And as we are plodding our way through the drudgery that is the life of a quality control tester, more ACD quality control testers begin to arrive. Ftcararer and first born arrive, as do Lemming and J. After a bit more testing-testing we head on our way to begin the 2015 ACD 420 Haarlem adventure and that my friends is another story and will have to wait until later (as I need breakfast now and it will take some effort to remember what we actually did).
choc0block

Post by choc0block »

Great reporting, as soon as I got up I was reaching for my phone to get the latest update.
I'm off for my breakfast while awaiting the next instalment and wishing I was there.
Keep it coming
ZoZo420

Post by ZoZo420 »

Thanks for sharing the adventure.