A Smokey Spanish time.

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
hulldj

A Smokey Spanish time.

Post by hulldj »

Slightly off topic on a Coffeeshop Forum for Amsterdam but a travelogue involving a little medicinal cannabis none the less.

Mrs and I recently visited a nice little club in Blanes whilst on holiday in Lloret De Mar.

Membership was via referral from a local I had been chatting to on a previous holiday there and an email was sent to the club to confirm we were coming, just in case I had to have an informal meeting to confirm I was ok to join.

Membership was 20 euro and simple (ish) to complete. I spoke no Spanish however one of the guys spoke fairly good English and helped us complete applications, which took around 15 minutes. Hotel address was used, passport for ID and a photo taken. This is so that we cannot pass our membership card to others.

Once we had our cards sorted we put 15 euro on mine which was used as credits for purchases made at the bar.

We were buzzed through to the clubhouse and it was very well set out with 2 pool tables, plenty of comfortable seating and tables, a proper coffee machine, Table football and a nice Volcano. Two people were sat at the bar smoking and chatting, with two members as staff. It was not busy at all, Spanish radio station playing through the Bose speakers.. It felt comfortable.

The menu was printed out and available at the bar area, above the bar area was a chalk board also displaying the strains available. Afghan Kush, Amnesia Haze, Love Poison/Potion, Orange Bud, Afghan Skunk, A Cheese i think. There we two more that i am unable to remember. I did not see any edibles, oils or hash.

I asked for a nice strong sativa, the bud tender pointed to the tub of Love Poison/Potion and told me it was excelente , I was presented with 3 pre weighed bags. Took a moment to realise that I was being given a choice. They all looked about a gram in weight and all decent buds with little stem, Bag chosen.

Expresso and coke ordered and my pin punched in the machine, I’m guessing credits taken from my 15 euro balance.

Within 20 minutes of walking through the doors we are sitting at a table with papers, grinder, filters and scissors all on a plate ready to start rolling. I had brought my trusty old rolling mat, just incase I got lucky :wink: :wink:

The bag was sealed by slightly melting the top. The bud was a light green and full of crystals under the light. When it was broken up in the grinder there was a lovely citrusy lemon smell with also what smelt like a sweet pickled onion as you bite into it. Mixed with a little tobacco I was able to take in the surroundings as I smoked and sipped my coffee. The Mrs with coke reading her kindle.

Looking round there was a massive carbon filter in the corner with aluminium ducting running around the room obviously extracting the smell of cannabis. So that’s why there was no smell out on the street.

After a few tokes I could feel some mad head rushes, it felt nice. One of the guys behind the bar asked if I wanted to try some in the Volcano. One bag, the rest of my joint and 20 minutes later its all getting very intense in the brain. The shoulder pain I suffered from, completely gone.

Managed to make it to the bar to ask for another coke. Struggled to make sense as to what I wanted. Pin punched in and I’m back at the table telling the Mrs that we will maybe need to think about leaving after our drinks. Sugar and fresh air time. That was some mad strong smoke. :mrgreen: Lol.

Finished our drinks but still had some of the bud left, paranoid getting caught by the police if I took it out the building with me, I left it on the bar and tried to make a gesture to share with the two members who were chatting. I could not understand a thing being spoken. Later the Mrs said that the staff tried to ask if I wanted it saving until I came back. I had only smoked half the bag and there was at least another 2 runs on the volcano.

We said our goodbyes and wandered out into the street completely lost, Luckily Mrs had spotted a bus stop on the way in so it was decided by her that we should try and find it. She was like a little human satnav, after a few dead ends she came through and got us to the bus stop. This was a fantastic experience whilst being as high as I was.

The high lasted about 2 hours but was quite intense at times.

I asked for a nice strong sativa and that is what i got.

The bus only cost 1.85 euro each. The taxi we took from Lloret cost 11 euro and dropped us off 2 km away... This was my fault as I didnt realise there were 2 hospitals between us and our destination. I told the driver to take us to the hospital and he did. Ooops.

With the bus fare being so cheap we decided that we would spend the following afternoon in Blanes, Which was fine by me because the clubhouse would be open at 2pm.

We popped in and was greeted by the club presidento. Shook hands with her, produced our membership cards and was shown on the screen that my card still has just short of 5 euro on it. Definatly cheaper than Amsterdam prices. I put 10 euro on my card and was buzzed through to the clubhouse.

I sampled the Orange Bud, again very well grown by one of the members, mature, cured and Orange!

Knowing this was a weaker strain choice than the day before, I thought I had better play it safe this time. I was not disappointed, We had agreed that it would be a quick buy n fly today so cokes ordered, Joint made and smoked, with no paranoia this time crotched the remainder to toke on the beach later that night in Lloret..

After getting lost the previous day we now knew where the beach was and had a great couple of hours wandering Blanes, the seafront and taking a few photos before heading back to Lloret.

The effects of the Orange were mostly a head high, perfect for walking, not as intense as the Love Poison/Potion and lasted about an hour and a half.

We only visited twice this holiday but will be going back to the area again later in the year.

I had heard about the Barcelona Cannabis clubs and that there was also a similar setup near Lloret which sparked my interest in asking around... It paid off.

The Mrs gets her beach holiday in the Sun a couple of times a year as an alternative to Amsterdam and I am able to smoke some legal Spanish cannabis.

Don’t get me wrong,

AMSTERDAM STILL HAS ME....

Just not the Mrs....

Thanks for reading.

Live.. Love... Laugh and dance more. Stay safe ACD
Lemon Haze

Re: A Smokey Spanish time.

Post by Lemon Haze »

Cool read! I'm going to be in Barca later this summer, looking forward to checking out the clubs, sounds like they have some nice and strong weed.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Wow Hulldj, thanks for that it sounds really good, an enjoyable read on this damp bank holiday monday :D

If the scene remains fairly low key and is successful, from the perspective of the non toking public, I think it will show other European leaders theres nothing to lose from doing what they probably know is the right thing.

Big plus, the whole system is legal from seed to bong :D :D.

Thanks again. :D
What a long strange trip it is.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks hulldj. I'm reading these reports from Spain with interest. I think I might pop over to Barcelona sometime this summer - it's a lovely city anyway.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Lemming wrote:Thanks hulldj. I'm reading these reports from Spain with interest. I think I might pop over to Barcelona sometime this summer - it's a lovely city anyway.

Another trip report forthcoming??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bigdaddyk

Post by bigdaddyk »

do you have the address for the blanes club? iv just come back from there and couldn't find the club. instead I visited the association of cannabis users in lloret de mar. located on girona street
dam aint the only place in nl
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

Lemon Haze wrote:Cool read! I'm going to be in Barca later this summer, looking forward to checking out the clubs, sounds like they have some nice and strong weed.
There is a big club scene in Barca and tons of info on the net. Even a few very informative posts on ACD. Search for Spain and have a read through. I'm sure you will have a great time Haze. That Love Poison/Potion was some really nice strong weed.
spidergawd wrote:Wow Hulldj, thanks for that it sounds really good, an enjoyable read on this damp bank holiday monday :D

If the scene remains fairly low key and is successful, from the perspective of the non toking public, I think it will show other European leaders theres nothing to lose from doing what they probably know is the right thing.

Big plus, the whole system is legal from seed to bong :D :D.

Thanks again. :D
Thanks for the comments spidergawd. It seems to be very low key there unlike the BCN clubs. Mrs said she felt very welcome and comfortable even with the language barrier. This club I do not think is geared up towards non Spanish speaking visitors and seemed to be a locals kinda place. Going by our membership numbers there are just over 400 registered members. At no point did we feel out of place though and to be fair, I really do stand out as a tourist where ever I go.

There were a few members popping for buy and flys over the couple of hours we were there, each and every one smiled, said hello and carried on with their business.

Yup... Seed to Smoke.. all Legal. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

keep the info up we hope to go to spain next year as well.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

Lemming wrote:Thanks hulldj. I'm reading these reports from Spain with interest. I think I might pop over to Barcelona sometime this summer - it's a lovely city anyway.
No problem Lemming I'm sure you you will enjoy it.
bigdaddyk wrote:do you have the address for the blanes club? iv just come back from there and couldn't find the club. instead I visited the association of cannabis users in lloret de mar. located on girona street
To be fair The ACU in Lloret was the one I was looking for myself as we were staying at the quiet end of Lloret away from the clubs and it would have been very handy. I could smell it just behind the Museum on the beach front but couldn't find it. Blanes was an adventure though and cheap enough on the bus service that ran every 20 mins ish. It was hard to find and kinda hidden away on Carrer de la Fe.

How was the ACU and was it close to the Lloret beach?

Looks like 2 trip to Ams per year and 2 to Lloret from now on.
bigdaddyk

Post by bigdaddyk »

the auc Costa brava is on carer de girona number 26 not far from the bus station I emailed them in advance and got membership for 20 euros the club was small but had free wifi and internet drinks were only 1euro in there. weed was 6 euros a gram and ice o late was 12 euro a gram. i was goin to go Barcelona but the cheapness made me decide to save my money
soapy

Post by soapy »

Great read thanks :mrgreen:
To be old and wise,You must first have to be Young and Stupid....
bigdaddyk

Post by bigdaddyk »

Iv just been in contact with the blanes association, and was wondering hulldj if you could recommend me for membership? please pm me, in return i could recommend you for the auc costa brava in lloret de mar. Thanks
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

bigdaddyk wrote:Iv just been in contact with the blanes association, and was wondering hulldj if you could recommend me for membership? please pm me, in return i could recommend you for the auc costa brava in lloret de mar. Thanks
PM sent, hope the information is helpful?
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

This is good news... I'm wondering if this is the closest club to Tossa de Mar, as i holiday there occasionally... I've been to Blanes, and to Lloret, and although Blanes had one of the best Pizza's i've ever had, i'm really not a big fan of either resort... But they are reasonably close, so i could always get on the bus/boat. If there is a club in Tossa, i can't find it, so any info would be appreciated... Also, does anyone know if there's a club near Benalmadena? ...I know there's one in Malaga, but is there one closer?

Cheers for the info.
bigdaddyk

Post by bigdaddyk »

KeyMonCha wrote:although Blanes had one of the best Pizza's i've ever had,

Cheers for the info.
where was this to? iv never had pizza in blanes but iv always been tempted!!