Episode VI the boys are back in town

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
OneHighMofo

Episode VI the boys are back in town

Post by OneHighMofo »

Off we go again and this time it’s different - I’m not flying solo for a change. Little brother (well - middle aged brother) is in the house!
I’m really looking forward to dragging his arse around Amsterdam annoying him with my wobbly directions and meandering scenic routes :)
Actually - don’t tell him; but I’ve resolved not to do this at all and am aiming to fly around town on the trams all week rather than ruin my feet (and his) trawling those torturous cobbled pavements. Knobbly made-of-stone-feet-crippling-bastards that they are, I curse those cobbles numerous times a year! I’d spit on them - if I were so uncouth!

4/20 was unbelievably good fun - but something of a whirlwind! And it was more about the company kept than Coffeeshop crawling; so I didn’t try as many strains or new shops as I normally would. This trip we’ll correct that. I WILL make it to Kashmir Lounge for a late night session. I WILL try out a few shops off the beaten track and I WILL make it to El Guapo. Best of all - I will get another chance to sesh in Utopia and De Graal. FUCK YES. Hopefully there will be some new delights to discover.

I will find some awesome import hash and make some awesome import Rosin. This will make Deleuks happy :)
The aforementioned man himself is primed and ready for action on the ground in Mokum. Chopper Mike is also en-route, I’m really looking forward to a catch up with those two reprobates and no doubt Stan the man will be around too. That means one thing:
Happy fucking days. Sesh-ON.

As is customary for my day-0 intro. I figured I’ll give you a taste of the little sesh Rickydude and I are enjoying this afternoon before we get some shut eye and head off for the airport in the morning. The stash is looking pretty rad at the moment - I’ve been mad for pressing out flower Rosin over the past few weeks and have been lucky enough to locally source some fantastic BHO. Hopefully we’ll be able to find similarly lekker-dab-shizzle over the coming few dagen. If not - we’ll bloody make some! We have the technology. We can rebuild him!

Here's a quick shot of some Rainbow Jones Frosin and some Lemnesia Headband BHO

As ever Rickydude is difficult to please - he turns his nose up at the Lemnesia BHO, and forum cut GSC x ugorg Cheese BHO, and my OG18 rosin, and the Rainbow Jones rosin declaring the BHO underwhelming on taste and effects :)
I finally get a result with a final pronunciation that the Sour Kush and Florida OG Rosins as the tastiest and strongest. Fair play to him. He's got good taste like his brother - although I'm a bit easier to please I think :)

Personally I think the BHO rocks - it's a cleaner experience interns of taste. The Lem headband tastes of sherbet lemons at the top end with a sour fruity undertone. The cookies x cheese is subtler - the Cheesy notes from the original flowers are missing but the cookie dough velvet middle is intact and pleasing on the pallete.
I do agree that the Rosins are stronger and more often tastier though (in my limited experience to date).

Here's a shot of the GSC x ukgorg cheese (disco biscuits)

Nuggz

Re: Episode VI the boys are back in town

Post by Nuggz »

:twisted: :mrgreen: :D :shock: 8) :lol: :wink:
#gapie
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

And FFS those pics mate, I didn't even have any tissue handy now keyboards all jammed up (gross)
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Thought you might like those dude - see you real soon, we've just landed.

Day 1

After an early start and a lift to the airport from the old feller replete with dab vapes all the way - my bag is searched by a very jovial customs officer who I figure I may as well have a laugh with.

She starts by saying I look like a trouble maker and I'm happy with the starting frame for the interaction. It bodes well given I'm thinking - 'you've not even looked in there yet love'.

Out come the vapes, e-nail, dabbers etc. I politely explain what they're all for (heating or poking things). "They look like my clay sculpting tools" she offers. 'Ahh - an artist' I say with a wry smile. She reciprocates the vibe and we chat about sculpture as she works.

Next out is the hemp padded bag full of bongs :) this makes her laugh out loud. She doesn't swab them and places them in another tray.

What 'business' are you in exactly she enquires? She doesn't even listen to my answer - content with her little dig at my now obviously dodgy flying status. 'I knew you were a trouble causer' she smiles.

The bags have to go back through the x-Ray apparently. When tget come back through the main bag is routed off to the left again for searching! Bollocks I think - what now? The bong bag comes through in a separate tray to the right - not requiring further enquiry apparently.

I point this out to her and she says 'do you mean pipes?'.
"Err yes yes pipes" I smirk.
'Well I'd best swab the bag (not the bongs though - I note to myself) this time hadn't I?'...

'All clear' another big smile.
'I could have told you that - I'm a law abiding citizen you know'
'Yeah yeah I've heard it all before'.
My turn to smile now - 'I like your style'.
'I thought you might' she replies.

All praise her dudeness - what a star :)

A quick bite to eat and the gate is open - I'm sat on the plane typing this with the sun blazing off the water .

The forecast is great. Bright, breezy and very fucking crispy.

I've still got a decent buzz on from the .25 of oil I vaped on the way down, I reckon it should just last until voyagers :)

Do we have a plan I ask myself?
'Not so far' my brain replies.
Let's go with that then.
Amsterdam baby - woop woop!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

You cheeky cunt, I woulda bout shat meself!

And damn you, I'm off the night-shift and desperately in need of some ZZZzzzs but I'm too excited about pal-ing around with with my favorite British pothead! Bollocks! And now that I know you've landed the anticipation is even worse, you may actually be hearing from me sooner than initially anticipated grrrr :mrgreen: :twisted:
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Great writing yet again.
I like your style guys, enjoy!
gapie

Post by gapie »

:twisted:
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

In Siberie, current plan to head south via grey area, amnesia, boereojongens. Back to utopia / Guapo / Batavia this evening to tuck into the stash.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Great stuff. For whatever reason I've never bought anything from El Guapo – I go in, tempted by the latest good review, fail to get grabbed by anything on the menu and slouch off to Utopia and beyond. But if there's anything I shouldn't miss, you lot are the best chance of finding it.
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

i am looking forward to follow this thread!

And OHMF, dont forget to snap a few pictures every now and then, always nice with some images to go along with the travelogue!

Happy toking! Ganja smoking!
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Thread is already a winner :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amsterdam dreaming.............
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I'm jealous. I've been back for less than a month and I'm already missing it. My wife was not all that happy last night when I told her I'd like to get back to AMS maybe in the Fall.

Great start to the trip! I look forward to reading much more.
macky

Post by macky »

He! he! Carry on McDuff :mrgreen:
stu1983

Post by stu1983 »

Such great writing here loving the travel logs I don't have anything to contribute to travel logs as not been to amsterdam in 5 years but hopefully it will change keep the updates coming I will be looking forward to the next instalments and have a big ol bong for me sir
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

onehighmofo :mrgreen: you sure do live up to your handle :lol: hope your not done :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org