LLMReb's May 11-15 Trip Report (w/ pics)

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
avfc-herbalist

Re: LLMReb's May 11-15 Trip Report (w/ pics)

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Excellent read LLMReb :mrgreen: really enjoyed it! Thanks for the tip on coffeeshop Yo-Yo, I haven't had Northern Lights for years and I'm very interested to try an organic example of the strain. Looks like such a beautiful interior in Yo-Yo too, reminds me of a dining room in someone's home for some reason, very homely feel by the look of it. Thank you for writing this up, it really was an excellent read! Cheers mate 8)

sit back, blaze ganja and chill
amsterdam1

Post by amsterdam1 »

Indeed a good read - thanks for your dialogue. Pics were nice to look at as well. Seems as though temperatures are warming up for my stay however the rain is something that looks to be hard to miss. Hopefully it will stay calm and or go away :P RAIN RAIN go away.

Did you have any rain during your trip?
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

You made Yo Yo sound good, but I already have 14 coffeeshops on my to do list, so I can't add another one. And in particular in the Sarphatipark area Katsu and De Graal are on the list. But I do appreciate the tables. One thing that I don't particularly like about 1ehulp, which was my main shop last trip, is the couches.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Amsterdam 1 - it did rain a couple of days on my trip. The pics of the girl hopping on the bike were taken at a cafe that I ducked into during the rain. But in all, the rain was in short bursts. I think it rained every day, but each time I would simply duck into a museum or CS for a little while. Then the sun would come out (or the rain would stop), and I'd hit the road again.

I've been to AMS so many times when it rained. Of the 11 times I've been, only one was consistent, steady rain (Memorial Day in 2014). That was a miserable trip where I took my Mom and Dad and we stayed on that blue houseboat on Brouwersgracht. Miserable with rain. Otherwise, 9 other trips included rain in small doses. The only time I did not get rain was, ah, my trip this very week in 2010 when we stayed in AMS before going to the Waterloo reenactment near Brussels. That was a great trip b/c World Cup Soccer was in full swing! That year, the bars on Rembrandtplein all wheeled out big televisions to watch the games. Games would start around 2 p.m. and continue until midnight. That trip was fantastic.

I recommend taking a light raincoat if you want to be abundantly safe.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

High Quality report, LLMReb, thank you for your time sharing this with us here!
I'm with you regarding the outdoor that's why I stick to hashish kissed by the sun, indoor buds are only substitute. Talking about outdoor with better conditions though like say Spain or California coming to mind. Funny seeing the pic of Frisian Dew as it looks quite similar to the harvest of a mate as he grew it in the last years and was excited always about it. It always was better then expected but his skills are poor and he is so stubborn when it comes to constructive critizm :twisted: :lol: . What a bummer!
Haven't been to Yo-Yo since ages always end up at De Graal. Hilarious they still spell a lot of those Dutch Passion strains wrong. Since they have a constant supply of all these outdoor strains since years
(I too can remember there Master Kush being solid at least five to six years back I unfortunately haven't been back since, we also grew out one old school Haze of them indoor since the buds were a bit seedy. Gear was ok enough for a bag seed and just for fun. Were the buds still seedy by the way? )I guess they must have real old school cuttings of several strains and go greenhouse in summer.
Maybe will take a look again at some point, cheers :mrgreen: !
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Hi Jesscass. Actually, zero seeds! A solid central stem (which I didn't mind), but no seeds.

Ha - I see the misspellings and want to whip out a sharpie and correct the spelling every time.
whisx

Post by whisx »

Thanks for the detailed, pleasant storytelling.

I am also heading out for my first multi-day solo journey (four nights) and I'm simultaneously excited and nervous, hence, appreaciate you sharing how it went like. I've been to Dam nine times. There's pros and cons in hanging out alone, but I prefer sharing good smokes with company. Time will tell how it turns out this time.

Now I must attempt to make my way into Yo-Yo. You make it sound better than just tempting. I'm not the only one who doesn't turn on from those narcotic hydro-odours and that produced-ina-factory-feel. There's that feel in organic products like at home... only even higher quality. Mind you there will be other shops and strains to check out, as this may be my last journey for who knows how long. La Tertulia, didn't love the decor much, but it looked like you could eat for cheap.

Maybe I even get to renting a bike in inspiration. It takes a damn long time just to get to RLD and back if your hotel is outside Singel, and mine are, again. Just glad Vondelpark is so close so let us hope there's no rain in sight.
Trips to Dam since 2005: 11 8)
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Thanks whisx. You will need to update your signature line!

Congrats on your trip. After going alone, I wonder if that is the best way to go. It was so liberating to do what I wanted to do without being concerned with someone else. My wife, for example, enjoys going with me to AMS, but she would never sit on a canal-side bench for an hour. She would fidget around and complain until we moved along. So on the solo trip, I was able to do more what I wanted to do. Stay in Van Gogh for 2 hours, then go to Rijks . . . no problem. Bike around aimlessly for an hour - done. Walk around with a big grin because I'm in AMS doing the thing I enjoy more than anything (walking around in AMS) - check!

I've gone to AMS with so many people in the past, and always we have had to accommodate their schedule. Not on a solo trip. You accommodate your schedule.

I was in AMS 6 weeks ago, and I have the AMS fever all over again entering the July 4th weekend.

I highly, highly recommend getting a bike. You will not regret it, but if you do not get one, you will regret it. With so many trips, you probably can get around without much of a map, but if you have any reservations, simply follow the canals and don't bike through the RLD.

If you are at Vondelpark, Mike's Bike is a short walk. I think there is also a bike rental place near the Hard Rock Cafe. Ride around Vondelpark on a sunny day. Then scoot on over to CS Yo-Yo. It will be a great experience. And take photos and please write a trip report. I very much enjoy reading what others experience in AMS. Finally, send your friends postcards so they can read about how much fun you are experiencing!
whisx

Post by whisx »

Didn't mean to hijack your travelogue. 8) Sweet, sweet stuff.

I love to meet locals and friendly fellow travelers, btw! Gonna be there from 8th Jul.
Trips to Dam since 2005: 11 8)
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

LLMReb wrote: Mon 13th Jun 2016 03:04 am May 14th - Saturday

Last full day. Gotta make this one count.

Great ending to a great visit. I am so happy I visited. This trip and memories will be hard to top.
Nice report thank you
He who tries to shine dims his own light
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

How did i miss this report originally ? Nice job mate. Enjoyed that. :D
"If you can, then do "
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Nice report! I've had Yo-Yo recommended to me and I'm eager to seek out some nice outdoor buds to try in my vaporizer and as a base for hash, I totally get your point on outdoor weed, I had a holiday in Ibiza after my 3rd Netherlands trip and everything I came across was great quality outdoor stuff (obviously grown in a great climate it was all potent and whilst it wasn't all rock hard nugs, the varieties on offer and taste were amazing, so clean!)