Episode VII - the fiets awakens

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
choppermike

Re: Episode VII - the fiets awakens

Post by choppermike »

Take note Green Place
... is this a warning from a gunman ? :)

Great reporting encore mon ami.

.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Man I enjoyed that! Your trip reports always get me eager for my next trip. Excellent stuff dude looking forward to your 420 reports already 😎
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

BongHug82 wrote: Mon 13th Feb 2017 10:03 am Man I enjoyed that! Your trip reports always get me eager for my next trip. Excellent stuff dude looking forward to your 420 reports already 😎
Cheers dude - much appreciated. I've just realised that I never finished this report off!
I have some notes for day 4 still on my phone - I must try and complete this before 4/20!
Thanks for the reminder man :)
jayjayseya

Post by jayjayseya »

OneHighMofo wrote: Mon 13th Feb 2017 11:01 am
BongHug82 wrote: Mon 13th Feb 2017 10:03 am Man I enjoyed that! Your trip reports always get me eager for my next trip. Excellent stuff dude looking forward to your 420 reports already 😎
Cheers dude - much appreciated. I've just realised that I never finished this report off!
I have some notes for day 4 still on my phone - I must try and complete this before 4/20!
Thanks for the reminder man :)
Great write up dude 👍🏼🙏🏽 Where's Coffeeshop canal side ? I don't think I've been there and can you Remember how much the ssh was ? Thanks dude
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

jayjayseya wrote: Tue 14th Feb 2017 05:44 pm Great write up dude 👍🏼🙏🏽 Where's Coffeeshop canal side ? I don't think I've been there and can you Remember how much the ssh was ? Thanks dude
Thanks man I really appreciate it :) CS canalside is just me being daft, it's a phrase I've taken to using to describe products procured 'beyond' the coffeeshop scene.
jayjayseya

Post by jayjayseya »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 14th Feb 2017 05:50 pm
jayjayseya wrote: Tue 14th Feb 2017 05:44 pm Great write up dude 👍🏼🙏🏽 Where's Coffeeshop canal side ? I don't think I've been there and can you Remember how much the ssh was ? Thanks dude
Thanks man I really appreciate it :) CS canalside is just me being daft, it's a phrase I've taken to using to describe products procured 'beyond' the coffeeshop scene.
Lol 😂 Ok dude get you now 🤔 It's good to know a few locals , 👍🏼 I'm over in dam next week , can't wait ,gotta have a meet up the BHO lads and some shatter edibles to keep me smiling , thanks dude
macky

Post by macky »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 14th Feb 2017 05:50 pm
That shop will be very busy in about sixty days :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Mon 26th Sep 2016 04:04 am Oh boy it's early. I find myself on the red-eye wearing that same old smirk again.

What a great line, this killed me😂 👊Props👏
Top report!
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 30th Sep 2016 10:32 pm Day 1
... Voyagers is in plain site. ... The menu looks great; I've never seen shoreline here before. Highly Blessed is surprised at my surprise assuring me that it's everywhere round town at the moment. I decide to pass as she's a very familiar friend to me and it looks like the grower has had a spot of bother with this one. She's airy and elongated which from experience doesn't bode well for potency. She's a girl that always delivers on taste but can be a bit in the weaker side for the experienced and I'm looking to get baked right now.

:wink: Tip 'O the Hat, Sir :!: Thank you.

I love the way this is written, and that it is so informative. I love Shoreline, and totally concur with this observation. Thanks for the tip.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Thanks very much snc And Ed. This travelogue seems to be enjoying a new lease of life! I should complete it and add day four from my notes.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 23rd Mar 2017 09:33 am Thanks very much snc And Ed. This travelogue seems to be enjoying a new lease of life! I should complete it and add day four from my notes.
Just had to read this again getting psyched for my next trip in 11 days! (Also need to get my January report up!)

Any advance on the next installment of this trip? Im eager to read more!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

sNc wrote: Wed 29th Mar 2017 12:35 pm Any advance on the next installment of this trip? Im eager to read more!
Sorry man I'm in the middle of moving house - no time at all!
Hopefully I'll finish it off before 4/20!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Day 5!
I finished off the rest of the G13 rosin with three decent sized dabs as a wake and bake checking out of the hotel around 11ish. The weather is back on form so that adds a spring to my step and is a VERY welcome surprise. I really lucked out on the weather this trip which made such a difference to the holiday as a whole. Amsterdam is always fun but the value of the sun on your skin can’t be beaten.

A slow cycle north for a final breakfast stop at La Grotte makes a lazy start to the day - winding my way through various bags, vapes and bubbler bowls of SSH, green crack and a few other bits and pieces. Sufficiently crispy and realising that I now have only a gram or so of SSH left (honestly it’s daft how often I go dankrupt in Amsterdam - never happens at home) so I need a fucking plan boy. This is no time for slacking.

Firstly I need to get rid of the weight of the world on my shoulders. I’ve never used it before but the handy baggage store next to Batavia is €8 for a large bag and they’re cool about me bobbing back to put stuff in throughout the day. Sound - that’ll do - and it’ll afford me some freedom. So. A quick stop at voyagers for a tenner (.8g) of lemon bubble cos I fancy a doob. And bloody glorious it is too. She’s pretty consistently good this lady and some phenos sometimes are heavy on the silvery candyland signature of my first love Mrs Silver Bubble. So she’s something of a familiar mistress.

Blazing away I hit the markets and Spui for some shopping.
The sun is also blazing again - what a difference a day makes! The lemon bubble is dependable. Lovely and smooth. I burn her as we float at speed toward the turf market and the Amstel.

Coasting along in the sunshine blazing. :D Cycling in Amsterdam is the tits.
I will never walk another step on those godforsaken fucking cobbles again unless absolutely necessary.
Choppermikes 25 yard rule seems good to me. If it’s more than 25 yards: cycle.
Yes sir. I can dig that.

I’m passing so I stop in: But there's nothing on the menu at Old Church that I fancy, I am hungry though. I stop and buy a book from the second-hand bookshop south of nieuw markt. Pressie number one sorted. Broodje Burt on the Singel is my next destination for a lovely BLT in the sunshine with a couple of cheeky vape bowls by the Gracht.

Belly Sated it’s about 2pm - I fly at 9:30 so don’t need to leave town till 7-7:30 and I am now totally out of weed. Bugger. What a predicament. I’m solo. I have a bike. It’s time to put the steed to good use. In the next 30 minutes I will hit Bagheera, Basjoe, Bushdoctor, Rusland, Bluebird, 137, Dampkring(s) and New Times.
I'm being picky - looking for Somari - or something different entirely and hoping for a nice location and airy surrounds. In end I find it at Siberie with a bag of their Lavender x Power plant at €12. Tasty, very tasty and SUPER smooth. As always from this shop. Consistently good flushing and finishing I find.

Very familiar flavours in this lady. Pine; of course - it's strong here in this old cougar. Potent though - with a lovely relaxing stone.
The floral fresh lavender is a back-note to the sage and sour power plant. This tastes like dutchman socks from an old cupboard and isn’t entirely unpleasant. At €12 I’m happy with this purchase and rated her a 7.8 on the day. I vaped the bag over a chapter or two of Game of Thrones.
Siberie is definitely one of my favourite shops.

Mr K's is just a few blocks south and I’ve wanted to spend more time there so eventually I take my empty cup 'n' can back to the bar, say my goodbyes and head off sparkly eyed.

The place is bustling and uncharacteristically noisy. Well - perhaps noisy might be unfair. There’s hip-hop playing and the murmur of a few different groups which makes a change - it’s often been totally silent on my previous visits. The Casey Jones smells fantastic - is kind of steep at €15 but can be exceptional when done right. Unfortunately this bag turns out to be wet so goes absolutely nowhere when ground. I get two vape bowls out of the bag. Not good enough at all. Decent peppery tastes with signature fruity notes intact but this is pants for fifteen groats. Hmmmm. Not happy. I seeth and stew on this for a while - pondering whether to make a complaint.

As I’ve done the whole fucking bag in over a green tea I figure I only have some very (debatably probably - but nowhere near wobbly enough given the outlay) wobbly legs to stand on and decide to bounce for more shopping in the Spui.

I glide past a lovely little Apothecary style tea shop, screech to a halt and patiently stand in line while a couple in front of me sniff every tin in the place. 20 minutes later I score a 500g bag of some nice White tea and a China cup resplendent with parakeets. With shopping out of the way; I can devote the rest of my day to toking so opt for the old school choice:

Amnesia. Their Acapulco smells and great looks better but is pricey at €16 so I opt for the NYCD (€14) instead as it will give me what I was looking for from the Somari and grab the seat by the bar so I can chat with the staff and bag one of those awesome milkshakes. While I’m sat I find a straggling bag of Raspberry kush from Rookies which I opt to vape. There’s a couple of bowls left and It’s still impressive; a lovely bag of trees that one.
I’ve pocketed the NYCD with a plan in mind.

Time is pushing on now and I have to get the bike back. I drop her off - settle up and I think it’s at this point that Nugs meets me at Batavia - or over at Star bikes. Anyway - there’s some typical OHMF ‘oh fuck I’ve lost my passport’ - ‘oh no there it is in my bag all along’ drama for about ten minutes and then we’re eating and blazing and I’ve forgotten that I’m going home in an hour and all is well with my world again.
One La Chouffe later. (actually I think I had ribs - but you should have the la Chouffe pie should you get a chance it’s a belter) and me laddo and I are stood at the Voyagers counter with wide eyes and bright noses as ever.

We have an hour exactly. So obviously the best thing to do is buy a gram of the Gorilla Glue and another gram of the Sleestack as I think she’s my smoke of the trip and a lady I’d like to gain some carnal knowledge of if you catch my drift, plus quite honestly I can't think of anything better to do with that €15 so I happily part with my cash, grind, wrap and craft some lovely doobs for the send-off. Adding a pocketed NYCD flavour to the quiver.

We head out with three little soldiers and pick our canalside spot.

The NYCD turns out to be one of the smokes of a trip - pure delight on the first inhale. The true taste of gas. To me that’s the diesel profile I’m looking for. Loads of grapefruit fruit yes but there’s so much dry, astringent gasoline that it paints your senses with precise and concentrated flavours. as well as the doob I managed to squeeze a bowl for the Mighty out of the bag The vape sings. Goddam that’s good.

I’ll smoke the doob of her at the airport….
Saying my goodbyes to Nugs I’m not sad. I know I’ll be back; he’ll be here. She’ll be here.
Till next time my love (not you daft cunt ;)

Thanks to everyone that read along, double-double thanks to everyone that commented and special thanks to Choppermike and Nugs for being amazing companions :)
ROLL ON 420.
Last edited by OneHighMofo on Tue 4th Apr 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Enjoyable read over breakfast there OneHigh, see you in two weeks.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Ah man thank you! Brilliantly written as always and your wealth of knowledge on our beloved strains is second to none man, a true flavour chaser 😂 Dankrupt is a phrase that needs to be used more often! Also Mr K's get a big thumbs down for that poor showing of Casey Jones!

Bravo dude, really looking forward to your 420 reports 👏🙏