Tributes, music, boating, and Lemon Haze

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
winnie

Re: Tributes, music, boating, and Lemon Haze

Post by winnie »

that was a great read. Looking forward to the next instalment.

danny211204

Post by danny211204 »

Are you sure the silver haze and the jamiacan was from voyagers??? i think you have got mixed up. :mrgreen:
modellista

Post by modellista »

free_phil_spector wrote:This is great. I've just got back and I'm sat here completely slashed off the nepalese i ate at schiphol, reading this and laughing my tits off. Sterling work mate! :mrgreen:
Thanks very much. Glad the humour comes through, as you've noticed, it's supposed to be sniggersome in a deadpan sort of way. Did you get any funny looks at the airport? :lol:
winnie wrote:that was a great read. Looking forward to the next instalment.
Thanks Winnie, the next instalment will be along shortly, we're about halfway through.
danny211204 wrote:Are you sure the silver haze and the jamiacan was from voyagers??? i think you have got mixed up. :mrgreen:
Hey Danny, the Silver Haze and the Jamaican wasn't my stash, so I can't be 100% sure, but I did check with my mate what we were smoking and that's what he says... Do you have reason to believe otherwise? I want to be as accurate as possible!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Pretty sure Danny is gonna agree with me here - but I doubt very much that the Silver Haze or Jamaican is Voyagers product.
Central more likely?
danny211204

Post by danny211204 »

id agree with it probably from central, voyagers cheapest strain is E10. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for your excellent write-up, Modellista :D !
Especially for the prologue(all said there really ; sorry about your brother by the way) and wanted to comment this one since ages:

modellista wrote: [...]
In common with most enthusiasms, while there’s practically limitless talk about the peripheral issues of weed - supply, price, flavour, genetics - people don’t talk much about actually doing it. Is it actually a very pleasant experience? Here’s my take on it. Being drunk on alcohol removes inhibitions, increases confidence, makes everything feel achievable. Being stoned on weed is pretty much the reverse. Inhibitions increase - stoners are generally quiet. It makes the mundane seem mountainous, the day-to-day seem daunting, which in turn reduces one’s confidence in performing humdrum tasks. Anxieties that can, under normal circumstances, be pushed to the back of the mind, come to the fore and demand attention. Both are false states, yet arguably it’s more pleasant to be made to feel like Superman rather than Softy Walter.

These are my thoughts, sat in the Bird, waiting for our order to be taken. “Where is the waiter? It’s been ages now. I’ve got to spend the entire weekend sat in places like this across the table with these two guys. What will we talk about? We’ve only just met up and we’re not talking now. It’s going to be a long weekend. I feel really stoned. I don’t think I should smoke any more. I’m not getting a beer, just a sparkling water, got to pace myself. My mouth is really dry. Where is that waiter?!”

So where the image of weed-smokers is of chilled-out, carefree souls with nary a concern in the world, for me at least, the opposite is true. There is a certain amplification due to the absence from home and family, but it’s catalysed by the weed. It’s an intense feeling - not entirely negative by any means, but certainly a magnification of one’s semi-subconscious, so it all depends what lurks there. The antidote? Alcohol. It calms the nerves and takes the edge off the self-critical internal monologue. It’s not the done thing in certain circles, but it certainly helps me and my buddies on this trip. And also perhaps CBD, of which I probably should have got some juice and kept in a vaper to potentially balance the THC. I good idea which I didn’t follow through on.
ple, it slowly dawns on me that everything is fine. The alarm bells recede into the distance, and we settle in for the weekend.[...]
I agree with most of it you put it just so well, really!

Anyway know this marked above personally from from back in the day with my first experiencies with this drug. I had great respect for the effects for quite some time but at one point lost it as probably gotten experienced enough.
Nowadays pretty much enjoy said these sort of overwhelming effect even so only smoke occassionally as that’s what I want to point out here: if you consume regulary those effects you mention(paranoia, racing heart and thoughts et cetera)are a lot less, about 10% of full spectrum of effects I guess.
Anyway I can tell you nowadays I can pause for like half a year or longer and having a smoke of high grade at lets say a sold out crowdy show and still enjoying this overwhelming experience then.
For the record this is no childish boasting about how much one can consume as in the end it's to some point an individual thing and as long as you enjoy it it's all what counts, no damn competition. Just want to give you a picture. On the other hand if you have a tolerance built up it just shows your consumption in general and know a good bunch of people used to be pot heads and used to be able to consume a lot but stopped completely for some reaons. Now those ones consume sometimes every now and then but tend to shit their pants big time if they do and often claim it's a complete different drug from what they can remember and have been used to consume. Though back then it only was an everyday thing for them with pointed out effects above and now they get full spectrum which scares the fuck out of them and they realise what powerful(wrong term but can't explain better) drug this can be in fact.
Too know lots of people(never do this myself) nowadays drinking beer or what ever alcohol during it for reasons you mentioned or they’re just into polytoxicomania and enjoying synergy effects.
Personally think if it’s not an occasional thing(which often is not especially unaware)it’s problematic considering habits, especially if the reason is they already have a too high tolerance and it's their way to have more effects again instead of taking a break but each to their own.
Long story short: in my humble opinion it's not so much about tolerance or alcohol(or CBD or what ever drug)to handle effects but experience. Had a lot good ones but also a couple not so nice ones but all that lead to a relaxed state of mind when it comes to consumption. What a platitude but it's more about riding it out and just go with the flow('set')as if you're not seriously ill mentally there is nothing to be afraid of. Also bad experiencies help in that case since you learnt to handle them sort of. You just get a feeling for possible effects.
Still you can have bad effects nonetheless but you can ride them out easily most probably.

Just recently had a talk with a mate who is really, really experiencied with all kind of drugs in a sort of responsible way but more is into psychedelics and in his opinion pot is so underrated effectwise as he used to be quite a pot head but nowadays takes it easy on consumption for some reasons and is always confused why I can handle it that way but too afraid of psychedelics. Really a vice versa thing.

All has to to with age too to some degree as with life experience and aging there is just more to be stirred up when consuming.
That's just my two cents about talking about effects!