My recent trip

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Naoise87

My recent trip

Post by Naoise87 »

Hi folks, I just got back from the Dam on Saturday and had a great time.
I travelled with 2 friends from Ireland and we landed on Tuesday 17th in Schipol about 18:30. I had been debating on the plane over whether to go to my hotel with my bag or else go straight to a coffeeshop.. despite the coffeeshop cafe 420 or De Kuil being right beside my hotel just off Damrak, I opted to leave my bags into the hotel. my 2 friends booked seperate to me and therefore were staying on Warmoestraat while I stayed my first night in Hotel Continental.
When I got to the hotel room it didn't take long to unload my bags and make my way downstairs again, eager to get my smoke on. I had agreed to meet the lads in the coffeeshop about an hour later and so after buying a gram of Neville's haze from the budtender I saw a single seat beside a couple and made my move. It turns out the couple were from Dublin and I spent some time chatting to them and making short work of my gram while waiting for my friends to turn up. An hour later and 2 grams down they turned up and so we moved from here as it was quite busy. All in all a great coffeeshop experince for my first time back in 5 years.
Next stop was city hall, I wanted to try their nl5 haze and it didn't disappoint at all. We then moved onto Boerejoengons coffeeshop, Old Amsterdam (which unfortunately was closed) and Barney's Lounge that evening. I picked up 5 grams of a variety of hash and weed in Boerejoengons, and the Utopia Haze from Barney's which was pretty amazing. After stocking up we enjoyed a few smokes in Hills Street Blues before the cs closed at 1. I spent the rest of my night til about 4am in and out of the hotel having to smoke outside the front til I finally got some shut eye.
On the Wednesday I travelled down to Gorinchem in the south of Holland to visit family friends, I stayed there til Friday and I got the train back to Amsterdam. i bought 5 grams of Northern lights in a cs there too but can't remember the name of it
On the Friday I met back up with my friends and we spent the rest of the going to more coffeeshops, we went to Kadinsky, Grey Area, Old Amsterdam(thankfully open this time), Boerejoengans again, Abraxas, Black Star, Flower Power and a few more, before reluctantly flying home on the Saturday.
My favourite smokes of the trip were strawberry haze from Boerejoengons, purple og from grey area was astounding too and the Buddha bud from Old Amsterdam, which has been one of my favs ever since i first smoked it.
Any way hope ye enjoyed :)
til next time
Last edited by Naoise87 on Wed 25th Jan 2017 06:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macky

Re: My recent trip

Post by macky »

Thanks for sharing,sounds like you had great time :mrgreen:
OneHighMofo

Re: My recent trip

Post by OneHighMofo »

Smashing - thanks for the write up sounds like a blast.
City Hall was my first ever Coffeeshop and I've never been back in since, I'll give the NL5 Haze a whirl over 4/20 for old times sake I think - thanks for the inspiration.

Did the Buddha Bud remain consistent in flavour from your last trip?