2nd Trip March 2010

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Kenshiro

Re: sNc's 2nd Trip March 2010

Post by Kenshiro »

Day 5
Today is my last day and I really don't want to go!, I skip the beach and just have a joint outside the main door (a bit naughty but it's early enough that no people are around)

Staff are up nearly this morning (for once!)
Positioning myself on the rear table of the smoking room it's really sunny and the light is shining onto the table, I search my stash bag and grab out the JackXCheese, still a bit spongy and wet a decision is made to dry in the sunlight streaming on the table.

Baseball bat of Temple Balls gets rolled and sparked up, filling the room with a blue haze again.
I roll some Buddha Joints and also the last of the Diesel, ready for the day before my imminent departure.

Sat smoking my doob, feeling utterly depressed with my predicament of leaving I begin to think of ways to stay and live here(As most do I'm sure!)
Nothing of much sense comes to mind but I still feel really shit ands find it hard to shake.(on reflection at that time I feel I haven't achieved so much this trip or that I haven't seen enough sights, yet I have been here twice?)

Canadian, Swedish and Dutch guys join me around midday we sit and smoke and they agree it sucks that I'm leaving today.

My mind wanders to "Dicky" I'm determined to catch him before we leave and my brain starts to scheme again.....
In my stubborn way I decide to not travel home today!πŸ˜‚ I tell Canadian and Swedish..
"I'm not getting that flight, I want one more good night with you guys and go home tomorrow!"
They all laugh call me crazy but think it's a great plan anyway.

I'm at the medication station (PC) searching flights for the next day and find one that's cheaper than trying to change my original booking.Result!

Flight booked "that's that sorted!" Immediately my mood has changed and I'm buzzing again.
We all make plans for a good long session tonight.

Onto social media and I contact Dicky...I ask him if he wants to meet up tomorrow as I've changed my flight
( it then turns out I have booked onto the same flight as him totally by chance!? )
He's game and we agree to meet up in the centre late afternoon\evening the next day. Plan made!

Afternoon starts to approach and my backside is numb from the wooden stool, whilst gathering my stuff ready for travel tomorrow I realise I haven't booked any luggage...Fuck!

I look at my stuff and come to the conclusion that most of it isn't required and won't be missed if I have to leave it..
There's a longterm British resident at the hostel I offer him my holdall and it's contents (mostly spare clothes) he happily accepts and is chuffed with his new acquisitions.

Now it dawns on me that I'm supposed to be back in work tomorrow!😱 I bite the bullet and accept that I will need to make up an excuse to my boss.(I wait for a more convenient moment to carry this out and carry on with the rest of the day)

The evening soon comes and it is only the best people and the friendliest locals about, this is making for a great last evening already!
We all get totally smashed hitting plenty of strains and loads of hash (there's so much in the room at this point you can't even pass a joint on as everyone has one on the go at the same timeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž)

I remember I need to call my boss to let him know I won't make it in tomorrowπŸ˜‚ I call and explain I've missed my flight and the next one is tomorrow eveningπŸ˜‰ he is pretty pissed but I tell him "I have to go my battery is going to die, I lost my charger!

This turns out to be one of the best evenings yet, we all get to bed really late(and we are all in K1), I struggle to sleep so grab some indica and smoke it outside the front door. That does the trick! 😴😴😴😴

To be continued....
Last edited by Kenshiro on Wed 22nd Mar 2017 09:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Great effort for being able to stay longer! :mrgreen:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Day 6
(Going home for sure!)

Waking with a slight groggyness today I know I can only handle some Hash or Sativa this morning...
Being greedy I mix Buddha and Temple BallsπŸ˜‚
No beach today the weather isn't great and I'm up later so upstairs is all open now.

Survival juice poured, joint at the ready I indulge...this morning instead of feeling sad I'm quite content with my decision to stay the extra day....still have the day ahead and a hook up with Dicky before flying home together!

Everyone wakes up early and grabs a stool..one last session in the smoking room! Hurrah!
Still a lot of smoke left over I leave some for the Canadian and Swedish guys. They are very grateful indeed!

Now it's time to go.....

I thank everyone for the hospitality and great memories and again promise "I'll be back"

I'm so sad to leave but as they say "you have to go, to come back!"

Excited to have a final blast in Amsterdam I swiftly head for the bus to Leiden....on the bus I intently stare at everything passing by out of the window, taking it all in, savoring every last detail not knowing when I will be seeing this again?

No time to stop in Leiden striaght on the train to Amsterdam.

Dicky is running late (again) and I take a stroll round the centre, it's busy and hard to take stuff in, Amsterdam as the weekend approaches changes dramatically more and more people arrive and it feels less relaxed, making it a sensory overload at times..

My feet take me towards Blues Brothers but it's packed....next stop Freeworld! (It was just always easy to get in here and bud was more than acceptable quality)
I order a final Chocomel and still have some (but not much) Diesel left so I wrap a joint of that and smoke it waiting for Dickys arrival.

Finally he arrives and buys......Power Cheese again!, we sit and smoke everything we have, both nicely baked we still have time to kill but want to change surroundings...we both buy some pre rolled pure joints from Freeworld ( first time I've ever bought a pre rolled doob) I select the NYC Diesel and Dicky the White Widow.....we head over to Lost in Amsterdam lounge grab a couple of soft drinks and head up to the first level after the bar...
Time to smoke these pre rolls!...
We both light them up and immediately start coughing a lung! Man these were fucking harsh! We tried swapping with each other but both were as bad as the other! (Probably full of shake and stalks. Haven't touched a pre roll ever again!)

We're coughing so loud it's drawing attention (bet we look like the typical british amatuersπŸ™ˆ)
We barely finish the joints and head to the station with huge glazed moon facesπŸŒ›

On route to the airport and Dicky is monumentally ruinedπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ (oh dear!)..I on the other hand am just super duper high..

We board the flight and Dicky slips into a coma and crashes out whilst I sit there wide awake full bake mode...
I feel a lot better about this trip but I still have more to discover in that great country, more to smoke and good people to still make more memories with.

I know I will be back again but when? Who will still be around from the great acquaintances that I've made?

Netherlands you've been great again, holding a special place in my heart(And lungsπŸ˜‰)

2nd Trip Completed
Last edited by Kenshiro on Wed 22nd Mar 2017 09:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Dedication to the cause. very 8)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Nice reporting man enjoyed the read, maybe I'll see you around next month :mrgreen:
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Another great report, thanks.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: ↑Wed 22nd Mar 2017 09:40 am Dedication to the cause. very 8)
ThanksπŸ‘Š
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I've wanted to do that so many times!
Gu on lad :mrgreen:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Old Timer wrote: ↑Wed 22nd Mar 2017 04:22 pm Another great report, thanks.
Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for the positive feedback
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: ↑Wed 22nd Mar 2017 12:34 pm Nice reporting man enjoyed the read, maybe I'll see you around next month :mrgreen:
I'm there 11th-15th April so miss most people arriving for 420😞
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

sNc wrote: ↑Wed 22nd Mar 2017 04:48 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: ↑Wed 22nd Mar 2017 12:34 pm Nice reporting man enjoyed the read, maybe I'll see you around next month :mrgreen:
Well I live in Amsterdam, so I should be around. Though indeed around the 13-15 I will be leaving to Italy for the Easter Holidays
macky

Post by macky »

[/quote]

Well I live in Amsterdam, so I should be around. Though indeed around the 13-15 I will be leaving to Italy for the Easter Holidays
[/quote]

Italy and Smoke Boat all same week ,you got it made my young friend :D Nice
Drugsbunny

Re: sNc's 2nd Trip March 2010 COMPLETED

Post by Drugsbunny »

Nice one.

Enjoyed the read.

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
whisx

Re: sNc's 2nd Trip March 2010 COMPLETED

Post by whisx »

enjoyable write-up, dude, not even finished reading it yet.

I've been on a solo trip to 'dam maybe four times, most recently last July, and the last one was the best one! :twisted: I must admit I'd love to find local company more often than I do. But you are your own best friend. Freedom to explore any area, red lite service or shady pub at your disposal.

I like that small Barney's near Rembrandtplein. Liberty Haze launched the day off the right way.
Trips to Dam since 2005: 11 8)