Dev's Birthday!! Solo trip report

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Devore

Dev's Birthday!! Solo trip report

Post by Devore »

Day 1 – The time has come…

So the time has finally arrived. Booked months ago and I’ve been itching to hit Mokum ever since. Reading all the super travelogues on here has helped me get in the mood. Especially from Luvtick, Peng and OHMF thanks so much btw.

I arrived at the airport hours ahead of my flight and got stuck into the ice cold collection of beers at the rammed Saltaire boozer. Got chatting to a couple of friendly ladies who were also off on a smoke crawl and they recommend me to check out the Shoreline as they say it’s the best they’ve had. I note that down and get another pint in. Leeds Bradford airport is in the middle of renovations at the moment so seats are hard to find but then a flight to Alicante departs and the place empties. Peace again.

Out of nowhere boarding begins early and I head on down to the plane. As luck would have it I have a whole row to myself so manspreading commences! The short flight, 45 mins and I touch down at Schiphol. Takes 20 minutes to get to the gate... Never been so much on edge and feel like a kid at Christmas lol.
The trip to Central is swift and I never once had my prebooked tickets checked! Out into the best sight in Europe. The view from Central Station to the Dam! :D

I make the quick 5 minute walk round to the Singel Hotel near Haarlemstraat and a fast check-in to my upgraded room. Woot everything is coming up good for me today. I empty out my bag and make my way out into the sweet Mokum air. It’s getting late (930pm) so I need to decide fast where to go.

First stop – Barneys Coffeeshop. Take a look at the selections and the best smell and look comes from the Blue Cheese, literally smells of pungent stilton. Pick myself 2g €30 and roll up my first doob.

It smokes very nice and has been finished well. Great head high find myself giggling away at nothing. I’m not a big fan of chilling in here on my own so head on out onto Haarlemstraat again to check out the other shops.

Greenhouse doesn’t offer much that looks good same with Popeye’s and Dampring2. I make the decision to go to my first ever shop the 420 Café (De Kuill). Buy a G of NYCD as it looks good and proceed to roll up a fattie. It tastes of Lemons and Engine oil but the high is superb. Chat a while to a couple from Switzerland and discuss the increase in costs over the last few years. I saw a few that were getting close to €20 Euro a gram!!!!

Munchies kick in so head out to find food. Pizza is grabbed and consumed and as it’s getting late I needed to find somewhere to end the night and make some doobs for walkabouts tomorrow. Decide on Siberie as it’s over the Canal from my Hotel and I’ve heard good things about there from the forum. Buy a G of LA Confidential as it looked good and 2G of Amnesia Kush Hash. I got myself settled in the corner with a gorgeous hot chocolate and rolled away.

I smoked a Blue Cheese, LA Confidential mix and had a pipe load of the Hash. I was totally blasted lol it tasted fantastic and I was high as hell. I love the first night in Mokum I always end up as wrecked as I was the first time I smoked weed in the UK. I can only get crappy Blueberry where I’m from and it’s so good to have something that takes me away to a new place!

I finish up rolling and have 4 doobs ready for tomorrow. I head on back to the hotel smoking a Blue Cheese doob on the way and collapse onto my bed. Get Netflix up and notice John Wick is on the Netherlands Netflix, they have so much better choice than us in the UK. Man I love this town.

To be continued…

Minxtus

Re: Dev's Birthday!! Solo trip report

Post by Minxtus »

Great repot so far. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Nice report so far! Looking forward to the rest of it
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great start. That first view from the station is my favorite, too! Continue the good reports, please!
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Happy Birthday :mrgreen: :mrgreen: have fun :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: report back here :lol: :lol: :wink:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

Thanks for the report. Have a high time! :mrgreen:
Devore

Post by Devore »

Day 2 – Birthday Bliss

This is my shadow
It belongs to me
Following me in the Dam
Alone I cannot be

Even in the darkness
I feel it keeping guard
A lonesome silent presence
Right in my back yard

Walking in the sunshine
Right there behind me
Only disappearing
When I pass a tree

Even when the others
Seem to let me down
My shadows always there
Fighting off the frown

I wish I could see it smile
I know it really does
Even when I want to cry
It gives me a buzz

I’ve taken it for granted
I know it will never go
Walking in the Dam
Time to go go go!

Waking from the dream I feel all poetic. Mind refreshed I feel like I have pressed Ctrl, Alt and Delete on my brain.

I awake very early surprisingly a bit too early for food so I head outside the hotel for a swift doob. NYCD does the business and I am nicely high, I grab a takeaway coffee and take a short stroll around the neighbourhood. Spring sunshine warms my soul and the Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow on my Music player gets me ready for the day ahead. This is the first time I’ve spent my birthday alone but what a place to do it.

I need food now so I head on over to the Toastie café opposite Lost in Amsterdam and get a Ham and Cheese toastie. What a cracking little place this is, toastie was gorgeous and the best coffee so far in the dam.

Nicely nourished I want to walk over to a couple of shops I’ve never been to. Bluebird is my destination so I mosey on over to the Niewmarkt area and down to Bluebird. There is some work going on here so the Bud counter was cramped and busy. I took a look but nothing took my fancy.

I walked up to the Greenhouse Centrum and had a smell /look at their wares. The Jack Herer looked very good and I love this strain so bought a G and rolled up a doob. Sweet taste and all my muscle ache disappeared instantly.

A young American kid walked in who was obviously smashed and was asked to leave. He couldn’t even walk so was “assisted” outside and immediately fell on his ass and hurled all over the place. I went to the bud counter and asked for some water and went out to help. His friends said it was his first time and he’d eaten some space cake from Paradox as well as a few pure doobs.

Off My Trolly in the Dam

I went back in packed up my stuff and as it was nearing 12 I head to the Grey Area. Arrived to a longish queue but pulled out a doob of Blue Cheese and smoked it while I waited as well as talked about the new Logan movie with a couple of Scottish lads, I love that film. Once to the front I took a look at all there Sativas and decided to go for the Silver Bubble as it just smelled amazing and I’ve always wanted to try Casey Jones so bought a G of that too. No room to chill so decided to go round the corner to Amnesia to toke.

Amnesia was busy but a few seats free. Rolled up the Silver bubble and Casey into 2 cones and smoked the Silver. WOW! This is the best weed I have ever smoked. Smooth, happy and high as hell! Had a chocomel and kicked back watching some football on the TV. I really recommend this weed I’ve never felt better after smoking a doob. My mind was open I felt happy as hell and I just sat there smiling at everyone for a good hour at least!

Loud rumbles in my tummy meant one thing, Munchies. I walked round the corner to The Butcher and got a Cheeseburger and Fries, tasted amazing. Juicy burger and some of the best fries I’ve had.
Feeling full and pretty tired I decided to have an hour back at the hotel before I head out for the evening. I love walking the canals in Amsterdam, so relaxing and beautiful.

To be continued…
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fantastic stuff - thanks man this is great reading. Another cracking travelogue.
Really looking forward to the rest.
Devore

Post by Devore »

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 22nd Mar 2017 12:14 pm Fantastic stuff - thanks man this is great reading. Another cracking travelogue.
Really looking forward to the rest.
Thanks mate, your reports were the ones that inspired me
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

You're very welcome pal - I am in turn inspired :)
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Great report, thanks.
Devore

Post by Devore »

Part Three coming later this week. Been a weird time since I got back!
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Great stuff Devore. Solo birthday trips are always a splendid adventure. What you want when you want and all that :) looking forward to the rest 👍
Devore

Post by Devore »

I woke up from my afternoon nap and tucked into the final bit of the Silver Bubble. Yum yum yum. Sent me high as the sky and gave me some much needed bang to continue my birthday trek around the dam.

6pm and so time for the 420 Café. It’s super busy and full of lots of American women. It was literally me and one other guy in there. Thought I was in stoner heaven! I bought a G of 420 Haze and some more NYCD. Rolled a mix of the two and it tasted a bit meh. The effect though was really good and gave me super giggles. Chatted to a couple of girls from Boston over for a week and shared some doobs with them. Had a good time and time seemed to fly in here? Next time I look its 10 pm and my stomach is yelling at me. The girls (Tara and Kate) and I decide to head off for some food so we check out Wok to walk and I have some sort of spicy noodle mix. Was very good and felt nicely full. The girls want to head back to 420 but I want somewhere new.

I decide to walk down to Utopia as I have heard a lot from here regarding there service and wares. Buy some Shoreline as recommended by the Leeds airport women and 2G of Amnesia Cream.
Now remember I said the Silver Bubble was the best weed I smoked. Well this Amnesia Cream is the best Hash I’ve ever had. Smoked smooth and tasted like Clotted Cream. Really good effects and I was super smashed. Rolled up a Shoreline AC mix doob and had a coffee before heading out into the Amsterdam night. Walking around at night is one of my favourite things about the dam. I see lots of people from all over the world in all kinds of stupors, chatting saying hi and generally having a good time.

I bought a big Cuban cigar earlier in the day from a shop on Haarlemstraat so decide to perch on a bench next to the Singel and smoke it. Lovely taste and brings me back down to earth a little bit.
Out of nowhere a very drunk couple of English lads appear next to me and enquire about what I’m smoking. They are keen to try a Cuban so I pass them over a couple of miniatures I also acquired. No way are they getting onto this large one!! They love the smoke and tell me they are off 6am tomorrow and so give me a chunk of what they say is King Hassan. Sweet Karma for the win!!

Decide I need a walk so I spark up the Shoreline AC doob I rolled in Utopia and walk on up towards my hotel hopefully via a Pizza spot. Grab a slice of Pepperoni and then decide to head back to the hotel for a brew and a night cap. Smoke a doob of Candy Kush and King Hassan (can’t remember where I bought the CK but I have a bag of it with its name written on it).

I finish it up and then go back to my room to watch some Youtube and Amsterdam TV before drifting off to a deep sleep!

Last day tomorrow (sigh)
whisx

Post by whisx »

Eloquently written.

Somehow solo reports are the interesting ones that I relate to.

This is how you make trip diaries that look good, pictures always add a dimension.
Trips to Dam since 2005: 11 8)