3rd Trip September 2011

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Kenshiro

3rd Trip September 2011

Post by Kenshiro »

With every best intention to return shortly after my March 2010 trip, time flies by and I'm unable to return until September 2011 ! As John Lennon said "life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"

During this long absence I remain in contact with my acquaintances from the Netherlands via social media.....Canadian guy has returned home....Swedish guy is now living in Katwijk and Dutchy local is still.....local!

It's been far too long and I'm scratching like a crack whore to get back!

(Please bear with me on this report, memories are hazy lots of gaps, not so many photos to jog my memory)

Plans made to catch up with Swedish guy and Dutchy, Canadian informs me he has a return planned but looks like we will miss each other....gutted! ah well!

Flights booked, accommodation sorted (only staying @the beach this time)
I frantically begin to plan and drool over the prospect of my return.

Day 1

Arrival this time is afternoon again and I'm still high from my home stash before departure (some Afghani sticky icky-icky lemon stuff!)
From Schiphol I head straight for Leiden (at this point I probably feel my most confident with getting around and seem to breeze through all my required stages of transport connections)

I load my blue o.v chipkaart with euro (kindly donated by Swedish guy last time) and make way for Leiden.

Out of the station and I'm heading straight over the bridge to the main stretch in Leiden, it's a nice mild day with a good warmth in the air (surprising its usually baltic!)

On my left is the windmill (still need to visit this!) And take a quick snap....I take a lungfull of Leiden air and soak it all up...ahhhhh I'm back boys!!

Destination....Double AA! (By this trip I figured stick to what I know and enjoy, after my experience with Le Palais last time I'm in no mood to gamble when it comes to herbs)

In Double AA I ask the BT to show me the Mr.Nice and Buddha..I opt for the later (5g's of course and head to De Eerste Kamer.....Mr Nice looks better her so I also grab 5g's!

I hop on the bus for Noordwijk swiping my travelcard feeling like a seasoned travel proπŸ˜‚
During the run up to this trip I had planned a chilled and early first night at the hostel and have every intention of carrying it out..

Darkness starts to fall on my way to Noordwijk, by the time I arrive I barely recognise the main boulevard its pitch black! Almost missing my stop (again!πŸ™ˆπŸ˜) I hop off and I'm back at last.

Through the door and the bar area is quite busy, there seems to be a group of American girls drinking and having a good time...I check in give a quick wave to Dutchy through the smoking room window and head for K1 to dump my stuff.

Back to the bar and its getting lively..Whilst grabbing a beer one of the American girls catches my accent and comes over to introduce herself (those yanks love a good British accent😎)

She explains they've been here a month and leave in the week...after a brief chat she suggest I join them for a drink...I tell her I need to touch base with Dutchy but will join them for a drink after.

Into the smokeroom I head, filled with locals and a few faces I recognise....Dutchy offers me a stool and I join him with his friends.

Buddha ignited and beer goes down like a dream..I feel a thurst coming on so grab another beer and continue my catch up.

I message Swedish guy and let him know I've arrived, hes working so will catch up with me tomorrow.

Dutchy has to go home and I end up joining the American girls at the bar.
They are well into a good drinking session and insist I join them for Jaeger Bombs (oh dear!)
With my fate sealed..many drinks pass my lips but the mix with herbs soon catches up with me and I know it's time for bed...I pretend I need to go grab something and fall into bed downstairs with my stash in my lap.zzzzzzz

Day 2

Early morning and I wake up feeling a bit worse for wear, all I can taste is Mr.Nice, all I can smell is Mr.Nice and my stash is all over the bed!

Sitting up I feel really rough and a quick flash passes my mind that I had a dream about feeling ill...odd?

The stench of K1 is not helping my fragile state and I know I need some fresh air...up to hallway and wrap a doob of Mr.Nice and straight down to the beach.

Absolutely freezing this morning and unsure if the joint is a good idea I pace the beach and take in the sea air... I feel queezy but the effects of the joint and the fresh sea air seem to be having a positive effect.
By the time I walk back I'm feeling more myself but in need of some extra sleep..plonk into the bed again and I doze for a few hours.

Waking up a 2nd time I feel fine...make my way for breakfast and join the staff.
Today I plan on going nowhere but locally and heavily inulging in my chosen flowers...hostel feels quiet today it's a bit strange but nice at the same time.

A few hours pass and wanting to stretch my legs I head for the supermarket, stock up and then head back out for some photos.

The local area is very peaceful and a popular destination in the summer for holidays (somehow I still haven't managed to visit this place in season!?)

The sun starts coming out so I take a route down the bottom of the boulevard I've not bothered with before to take some snaps...down here there are quite a lot of qwerky sculptures and architecture including a lighthouse.

As it brightens up I turn onto the main road on the beach front...this stretch is filled with pretty big hotels (a few fancy looking ones too) but is tastefully done with decent buildings and landscaping.

The biggest hotel on this stretch is "Hotel van Oranje" quite grand it boasts 5 restaurants and as many bars (apparently popular with affluent dutchies and have been told it's used by Dutch football team sometimes)
On the beach front it has a statue of Queen Wilhelmina (apparently the longest ever serving Dutch head of state)

The wind picks up so I head to the main street...there seems to be a lot of ground or utilities work going on so its hard to snap a lot of things without having loads of construction bits in shot.

There's a bench I absolutely love here and I manage to take a snap but only after waiting for someone to vacate it πŸ˜‚

Temperature getting ever colder I head for the safe comfort of the hostel once more..

Straight to the high tables and time for some Buddha...one of the staff joins me and says "had a bit to drink last night?"
And I was like "yeah but was all ok"
She then replies with "were you not a bit sick" with huge grin on her face....
Suddenly a huge mirage of flashbacks flies through mt head....It all starts coming back to me...I hadnt dreamt I was ill I actually had been! Shit!

I had wokem from my drunken slumber during the night in a massive booze filled sweatathon and begun to heave, subsequently projectile vomitting onto the floor! Ffs! Then another flash back comes of me scrubbing thd floor with a towel...absolute mess!

I'm so mortified and apologise profusely to her..she laughs it off and says it fine "your good, thats not like you"

I have to shake the shame and just deal with it cant change what happend but so much for an early take it easy night😱

Sometime later Swdish guy pops by we have a quick smoke and catch up before he has to work again but arrange to meet the next day.

Not much going on in the hostel tonight I actually do the responsible thing and get an early one with a view to make the most of tomorrow.

To be continued.
Last edited by Kenshiro on Sun 17th Sep 2017 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OneHighMofo

Re: sNc's 3rd Trip September 2011 "Return of the Mack"

Post by OneHighMofo »

Oh man! A messy end to a lovely day.
Keeping it coming bro, It's a welcome distraction from working.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Day 3

Up and at em! Feeling positive today I'm right up for a good wake and bake...feeling brave I wrap two doobs (Mr.Nice and Buddha) head to the beach before anyones up and successfully smoke both doobs back to back.

Feeling a bit bored and in need of a sit down I'm back at the hostel aimlessly scrolling the internet at he medication station.

My mind thinks about previous trips and I start to reflect on my feelings of this one...it feels very strange compared to the other two and maybe this is because I've not been to Amsterdam or really planned anything to accomplish? I also think it feels a bit fractured as Canadian and Swedish guys aren't in the hostel. Still gutted I wont see Canadian! What a shame...

A message is recieved and Swedish asks if I'm about later...I advise him I want to go to Leiden but will be at the hostel later...we arrange a rendezvous in the early evening.

The weather today isn't so great so until CS opening times draw closer I'm not moving anywhere until I have to..

The maintenance guy is doing some carpentry out on the terrace with a gazebo for protection..this also makes for a good shelter if the smokey small room gets to much..

Smoking room:

Leiden time approaches and I'm back on the bus....this time I at least want to stop long enough to sit down and have a joint and not just bounce back and forth on the bus.

I head to Double AA and take a look at the Indicas but it's all popcorn nugs..the biggest buds they have are Morning glory but my friend on the first trip had that and it was week in my opinion, so I pass.

Onto De Eerst Kamer and they have some Sensi! Not the biggest buds but better than across the road so...."5g's please!"

At this point im still stocked with Buddha and Mr.Nice plus the Sensi.....a quick walk to Le Palais just to see if I can geab a seat....it's packed and it's a no go...
At this point I'm lazy and dont want to search any other shops (I've also been told bar one the others here were touch and go)
My laziness makes me walk around the corner to CS Paradise for a stop off...I'm thinking "oh I'll grab some of that Northern lights"
Approaching the bar asking for Northern lights and they dont have any..damn! Searching the limited menu I ask to look at the White Widow for old times sake..doesn't look amazing (but neither did the NL before) I grab a bag and a table for a smoke.

This place is just like I remember it..full of Morrocan customers and a bit of an edge to it..still it's ok for a quick one and as I've been here before feel more at ease.

White Widow- this stuff on closer inspection has a very dark mustard yellow appearance and colour, the smell is a million miles from fresh with a very offensive musky start and then an overpowering cat piss smell. (Not nice but still has that old school vibe about it)

Wrapped a Sensi joint and spark that up...it's good and better than D.N.A but it's way off the quality and potency of the first trip example...shame!

Feeling brave I roll a White Widow joint......the flavour on this was quite sour and musky, stale with a very slight funk in the background..memorable for all the wrong reasons I know this is a poor purchase and feel a bit burnt.

Time to meet Swedish at the beach so hop back in the bus 🚌

The hostel has picked up again and Swedish guy is already here...showing him my purchases he noses the WW and recoils in absolute disgust and says "oh man that smells like bad memories!"πŸ˜‚

Dutchy arrives with his Hash crew and the room quickly fills with more locals and heavy smoke.
We discuss Canadian guy and I share my disappointment of not seeing him this time and "the unit" being down a crew member..

About half hour later the thin saloon type doors of the smoke room creek open..a recognisable figure bursts through....it's Canadian guy!
Ah man! I'm so stoked by this...he knew all along he would make it and see me on the same trip but kept it under wraps..Swedish guy knew all along too...bastards!
My mood is lifted and the crew are back together.

Canadian guy explains he had to go to Den Haag first to sort out some stuff and is feeling a little jetlagged and under the weather.
He wants to get his head down but we force him to smoke a few with us first!

A short session starts and as Canadian guy gets up to visit the bar he has a wobble and starts to feint!...I quickly catch him and stop him from face planting...fuck!

We're all concerned and get him sat down, hes embarrassed by it but we arent bothered were just concerned for his well-being.
He puts it down to jetlag and feeling ill so retires to K1 for a few hours.

Our session continues without him for a few hours until he rises again.
He joins us for a late doob but it hits him hard and he feels light on his feet again so heads back to bed..I hope he is ok?

We dont see Canadian again that evening(don't blame him!) And continue our session....

Swedish is in a bit of bad place and brings up that he knows he needs to make plans to move back home after a few years loafing around the Netherlands(Can't imagine coming to terms with that predicament!)

He quickly changes topic and pulls out the vaporizer, "Strictly Sativas only" he says to me mocking my like of Indicas and couchlock strainsπŸ˜‚

Discussion gets underway of travelling to Amsterdam the next evening to get out and about and have a drink. We're sure Canadian will be up for it so we'll tell him plans tomorrow.

Plenty of hits later and feeling high as motherfuckers, I need to crash....I head to k1 and Swedish stays with the staff..

To be continued...
Last edited by Kenshiro on Thu 23rd Mar 2017 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Really enjoying this, we had a family summer holiday in Noordwik in about 2006. Such a nice town for chilling, fabulous Beach life, and loved the crazy golf. :D
What a long strange trip it is.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

spidergawd wrote: ↑Thu 23rd Mar 2017 01:55 pm Really enjoying this, we had a family summer holiday in Noordwik in about 2006. Such a nice town for chilling, fabulous Beach life, and loved the crazy golf. :D
Thanks! Noordwijk holds a special place in my heart as does Leiden..can't wait to get back next month!
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: ↑Thu 23rd Mar 2017 01:21 pm Oh man! A messy end to a lovely day.
Keeping it coming bro, It's a welcome distraction from working.
Thanks! This one will probably get finished today
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Day 4

Fresh and alert this morning I perform my usual duties....hallway...roll...walk...toke..

Back in K1 Canadian is stirring but not ready to surface.....I grab my gear as I hear one of the staff coming down the stairs above to open up..result!
(On the previous trips most staff were up so late the night before they rarely opened up in good time which is my only complaint with this place as there isn't anywhere to relax if you're an earlier riser like me)

Survival Juice...doob... Breakfast (that's my preferred order of tasks in the mornings here)

Canadian appears still groggy, slightly embarrassed and still apologetic...
He holds off the smoke this morning...poor guy!

I tell him plans for this evening and he is game but explains he needs to visit a friend and will have to catch up with us later in Amsterdam...sorted!

A sleepy head then appears from the steps up from the staff quarters....it's Swedish! He hasn't been home to Katwijk because he was too bakedπŸ˜‚
(As an ex staff member the team happily put him up for old times sake haha)

We sit and smoke in a haze for a while and get Canadian back on the herbs...as the afternoon approaches we all get our shit together and bus it to Leiden..Amsterdam here we come!

At central Canadian splits of to catch up with a friend and we go in search of a few CS before meeting with some friends of Swedish.

He's eager to try the Dynamite strain I told him about on my prevoius visit.....we make tracks for CS Black Star but swing by Popeyes on Haarlemerstraat first...

Popeyes- pushy and funny as ever the BT does his routine of waving a tub of Vanilla Kush under our noses (same synthetic smell, never falling for this sprayed business)
Pink Kush looks good today so I grab a nug.

No time to stop here we walk out and round the corner past the extract outlet pumping the lovely fumes out into the small side street before Brouwersgracht.

Nice little stroll down to CS Black Star....looking at the menu I know I'm only bothering with Dynamite!

The colour this time is totaly different and it doesnt look the sams at all.hmmmm?

I buy it anyway and we head for the basement...Swedish likes it in here and is surprised he hasn't come across it before.

The Dynamite is still fire much like last time! Swedish is equally impressed and we sit and enjoy our green teas with a few joints..

The basement smokeroom here is far from cosy or modern but serves it's intended purpose...on this visit it's a bit dirty down here and smells like a public toilet...(this is a buy and fly type place for most and think the outdoor and old school strains are their speciality)

Feeling couchlocked we make a move to find Swedish's friend and have a beer (Don't ask me what the name of this place was, I can't quite make it out in the pictures but feel free to let me know!πŸ˜‚)

We grab a few beers...someone suggests I try the "Orval" beer +8.4% or something like that! (As I'm only having one I think why not?)

After a while it gets a bit hot inside and we decide to take a seat out front..

A few doobs in the street and we want to chill somewhere for a bit before making our way home..
Canadian messages us he has lost track of time and will meet us back at the hostel..oh well!

We end up in Hill Street Blues (still a CS at this time)
Always wanted to come here but it's always been busy as hell...tonight though... Completley deserted???!!!
At the bud counter we ask the BT "whats going on? Why is so quiet? Where is everyone?"
He explains theyve literally just had a "shake down" from the Police!

We inspect some strians but its all dead an unimpressive, I order a milkshake and make my own flavour...damn these are good!( so good I drank two in 10 minutes πŸ˜‚)

Chatting to the BT we ask to use the Volcano and he says no problem.

A couple of bags inhaled it's time for the Pink Kush in the Volcano...BT says he has never tried it so I give him a go...he's impressed with an immediate transformation to "red eyed jedi" in no timeπŸ˜‚

This knocks our socks off and are all a giggling, coughing mess!

It's getting late and we need to bounce.....we board the train and slump in a complete vape medicated state. ...Ledien....bus...back at the hostel.....

Canadian has made it back just before us, very few people here tonight except the usual suspects..
We all settle in grab some munchies and anchor ourselves for the evening in the smoke room.
Canadian and I leave tomorrow, the south American (shuttle Driver) and his girlfriend leave in a few days, Swedish then in the coming weeks..

We decide to make this a big farwell bash for everyone as it just seems appropriate.
Bongs, vapes, joints hell even a few pipes go round! Everyone baked to an utter crisp!

The cushion seats are crawled upon and we all struggle to stay upright...time for bed me thinks!
K1 calls and we all get some much needed shut eye for our last evening.

To be continued....
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Kudos bro, most inspiring/best travelogue I've read on here in a while (well your whole recent anthology I suppose).
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: ↑Thu 23rd Mar 2017 07:38 pm Kudos bro, most inspiring/best travelogue I've read on here in a while (well your whole recent anthology I suppose).
Thank you ! appreciate the love for it!
Final day to go on this one then the January 2017 trip.
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

sNc wrote: ↑Thu 23rd Mar 2017 11:03 amone of the American girls catches my accent and comes over to introduce herself (those yanks love a good British accent😎)
Not 'alf. If yer ever in a New York bar, spend five minutes giving it the Hugh Grant and they're all over you like a cheap suit :D 8)
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Day 5 "Judgement Day"

The inevitable moment has arrived...this will be my last time waking up in K1.😞

I know Canadian is up early today as he is also leaving. Swedish has made it back to Katwijk after saying our goodbyes last night.

Coffee gets poured, Canadian and I begin a small final session, he has to leave before me so we don't have a great deal of time...πŸ˜‚

Both smoking some fatties of Buddha we discuss future plans and the shit sandwich that is the reality of having to leave!

The time has come and Canadian has to go we say our goodbyes and promise to keep in touch. It's a strange feeling knowing by next visit its highly unlikely neither Swedish or Canadian will be here..sad times!

Feeling antsy and not wanting to stay around the hostel feeling the blues, I bid the staff farewell and get my arse out of Noordwijk quicktime!

Bus..train....Amsterdam!!

Back to Crazy Town and searching for a final smoke I can't help but get drawn to CS Freeworld....

An uncomfcortable flight home, Im glad to stand up and move about...suddenly I realise I havent booked a bus back from the airport...whoops!

I call some friends and family for a lift home but no one can help....

I look through my pockets and find some euros, I look up and see the bureau de change... I just have enough for the bus home...result!

This trip has felt weird, I still haven't seen any sights , kind of barely scratched the surface of Amsterdam and its full experience including some great shops and markets etc..(too heavily stoned and unmotivated/Lazy). This chapters closed but another needs to be started....another trip is for certain but I know won't be able to afford it for a while.......

3rd Trip completed
Last edited by Kenshiro on Sun 26th Mar 2017 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
OneHighMofo

Re: sNc's 3rd Trip September 2011 "Return of the Mack" COMPLETED

Post by OneHighMofo »

:lol:
well I've read some shit on the forum tonight but this about takes the biscuit.
:shock: 8) :twisted: :mrgreen:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: ↑Fri 24th Mar 2017 01:04 am :lol:
well I've read some shit on the forum tonight but this about takes the biscuit.
:shock: 8) :twisted: :mrgreen:
Was unsure about posting that.. .taken it out now :lol:
Last edited by Kenshiro on Sun 26th Mar 2017 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

It would certainly have felt that way at the time.
Honestly mate - I'm so sorry it went that badly for you. But I still can't help laughing. :lol:
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

Nice trip report.
Looks like you had a blast.

:)

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.