Nug's Live & Local: 4/20 The Gathering vol. 2, 2017 ("Roll on 420")

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Old Timer

Re: Nug's Live & Local: 4/20 The Gathering vol. 2, 2017 ("Roll on 420")

Post by Old Timer »

Absolutely brilliant report!
Very well written, up there with the very best reports I've read here.
Well done and thanks for taking the time to entertain us.
Every year I'm in town early April, I must try to be there for a 420 gathering sometime, sounds like everyone has a great time.
Not that I could keep up with the hard-core part of the gang, but it would be fun trying.

Potimus

Post by Potimus »

Definitely my favourite trip report I've read on here in years, well written mate!
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

Loving this report. That syrup does indeed sound a game changer - THC you can stir into your beer! 8) :mrgreen:

I also had to laugh that you went to Favourite Chicken every night cos you didnt want to eat "mass produced pre-frozen food". Erm... :lol:
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

free_phil_spector wrote: Tue 25th Apr 2017 05:24 pm Loving this report. That syrup does indeed sound a game changer - THC you can stir into your beer! 8) :mrgreen:

I also had to laugh that you went to Favourite Chicken every night cos you didnt want to eat "mass produced pre-frozen food". Erm... :lol:
Haha I get your point technically that more of Mr. CC's words than mine, no wool over this yank's eyes 8) :lol: :wink:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

No no, my words were exactly: "Man, fuck dominos!" 'nuf said...

ETA: Brilliant stuff this here...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Thanks for the kind words everybody!

It's certainly a diamond in the rough at best, or perhaps rather a semi-polished turd - thus I reckon the already submitted posts could do with a heavy editorial hand. In any matter forgive the sloppiness of it I'm just kinda chugging along, and hope to eventually do some hardcore editing - maybe even sneak in a few photos if I'm feeling extra ambitious.

I still have more to go, so hang on the edge of your seats folks, more installments to come!
Last edited by Nuggz on Wed 26th Apr 2017 09:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jiffa

Post by jiffa »

Brilliant read, Sounds like a great time was had by all who attended. Cant wait for the rest.

Edge of the seat gripped :mrgreen:
Jail for growing a plant laughed the gypsy!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Day-IV: The Exodus & Dreary Drizzle

I awake on an overcast dreary Friday, pitter-patter of rain tapping on the roof of my loft-bedroom. My eyes are quite literally gorilla glued shut, as if my absent stone-over the morning before and my syrup consumption last night, were both simultaneously catching up with me.

My missus has Fridays off and is feeling a hair better now, so I check my phone to confirm that the farewell brekkie is still a-go and prod her into joining me to be social. We get dressed and make the brief five minute walk over to La Grotte, where the ACD legion has convened en masse: Matty, Macky, Ricky Dude, CC, Danny (?), and more I'm assuredly omitting.

Me and the missus were stragglers to this breakfast edition, so the crowd thins out rather quickly until yet again the fiets crew are the only ones left standing. Our Danish friend having turned in their steel-steeds make talks of heading to Hill Street Blues to just sesh hardcore and chill out until they make for Centraal to catch their flight. Ricky is titty-aching per usual. And OHMF is on about returning his bike, but first doing a quick B&F somewhere across town that I cannot recall.

The missus having reached her socialization quota for the month :P and still in need of bed rest returns home. I accompany the Danes and Ricky to Hill Street via the reliable old shoelace express. We set up in the downstairs smoking salon rather hastily. A few hot-cocoas ordered up. Mr. CC pulls out his extensive collection of various wares from the week, and begins the cumbersome undertaking as smoking his way through as much of it as possible before the impending departure. The prized rear cluster of couches soon clears up, and we're rewarded with the best seats in the house, a nice window opening out up onto the canal, and big...grey..skies....ah the dreary drizzle, a fitting day for the Amsterdam blues if I ever saw one.

Some short while later, our favorite Yorkshire lad is back, restock in hand and sans fiets. He whips out the e-nail and the dab-train quickly pulls off from platform 710. Mr. CC concocts a monster cocktail dab with the last of his concentrates and proceeds to cough up a lung nearly. Ms. CC finishes twisting up her elegant cones what the two of them reckon they'll be able to get through before the flight, and they gift the leftovers to yours truly (tak :mrgreen: ). Slurping down the last of their sugary beverages, our lovely Danish compadres bid us all farewell, and like that the fiets crew is officially disbanded and unraveling. I'm sad to see them go, as it really affirms that the festivities have already come and gone. Much like the feeling you have on Christmas day, after opening your presents :(

With CC now departed, the Yorkshire brothers and I nail down a new plan of action. We settle on a final session in the Bat Cave is oh-so-fitting fashion. Just be we set off, Chopper Mike arrives with a hand full of the notorious Paradox space cakes in tow. He generously offers me one, and I happily accept! I have to say I've always considered them a bit overhyped (tried them in a few times in the past, even eating as much as two up front on one occasion, I digress) but today I must have been given one of the "strong" ones from a batch, I would soon find out, as the day wore on.

We arrive to a hazy dab-dungeon, some of the ICmag stragglers are also sharing the rookruimte with us. We begin the ritual of setting up the e-nail one last time and skinning up a few more doobs. I am a severly lacking stoner and conversationalist at this point - the space cake has hit me full-on, and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open and downright nodding-off like some kind of junkie deep in an opiate-induced stupor. Thinking I may have to give a few more reassessments to these Paradox cakes in the near future after all. One of the IC crew a young bald fella, is smoking on a large "sebsi" (traditional Moroccan Kif pip), and I periodically watch him puffing away amusingly between my "opiate nods". In addition to myself and the Yorkshire lads, there are some other stragglers in the dungeon with us, if my memory serves I wanna say Papi, Omnibuz, maybe Danny (he was always so quiet so I can never be sure), Stan the Man definitely made an appearance to come see us at some point, he didn't stay long but nonetheless was good to see him there, as he was surprisingly absent this year - perhaps he was too busy with all the lekker weed samples he was judging for his own personal cup! :mrgreen:

After what seemed like hours of OHMF & Ricky troopering on, through their stashes one dab and doob at a time, and me merely half-conscious - they sense my need for some fresh air yet again (the dab dungeon getting me again, talk about being cursed on your home turf). We head off to Voyagers much to my chagrin (smokey as hell in there too, more so in fact), they assure me it's a buy and fly and we'll be off. OHMF grabs some more space cakes for the flight, and some Lemon Bubble + Kosher Dawg. I stare at him dumbfounded as for the first time in ages I'm cannatonic off some CS-edibles (he ate some Paradox cakes as well, perhaps even more than one) wondering how he's still just truckin' along like a champ! We round the corner by Voyagers and are walking down the canal toward Nieuwmarkt, the Yorkshire lads are already scarfing down their second helping of medibles. They do look tasty, Ricky catches my cheeky glances and offers me the last third or so of his, damn they are tasty - I consider grabbing one for myself on taste alone (sugar rush), but realize that I'm well crispy and that would be a silly move for both my current state and wallet, ah well!

OHMF had skinned up a few doobs in advance at Voyagers, so we reach the Nieuwmarkt square and double back down the Zeedijk for some doobs of Lemon Bubble and Kosher Dawg. Kosher Dawg, I had smelled the night previous from Matty's stash while at Batavia (after he raved about it on here), have to say it did absolutely reek like some pungent fucking funk! I again spared my wallet as the week had already done it's damage - I digress, the pure cone of KD was alright but the flavor didn't come through - though I reckon it was more the fact that I was combusting (vaping only for this cat) rather than any fault of the weed as it burned with a nice clean ash to boot. The Lemon Bubble was just a typical Dutch haze to me, and again the fact that it was burned rather than vaped didn't do it any favors in getting a fair and proper assessment from ole Nugsy!

We again double back southbound weaving through de Wallen, we arrive at the Bulldog Hotel and our lads collect the luggage. Mofo packs a up a Mighty chamber up bubble and we make for Centraal. The LB fares much better in the vape naturally, although I still don't think this is as exceptional or standout of a haze as previous batches I've tried - and again when I can get excellent, clean hazes for 7-8 a gram of comparable quality, it's just not a type of weed I can often justify purchasing on the rare occasions I do make a CS purchase, especially at 12 a gram - nonetheless given the expected prices du jour in Amsterdam CS's it's fine and fairly priced enough product (just not for me), and you could easily do much, much worse in terms of CS buys. Definitely would've liked to sample the Kosher Dawg in a vape but Mofo only purchased in a gram which was promptly skinned, maybe if it's still around the next time I get an inch for some pricey shit I'll give it a proper assessment.

Back to our heroes, we find ourselves approaching Centraal station all two soon, I walk our boys up to the crosswalk in front of Batavia, we hug it our and shed a tear or two, I wish them safe travels and tell them to come back very soon - I'll be happy to accommodate them (y'all as well CC :wink: )! The fiets crew is officially no more, head hung low - it's back to the phone like a proper millennial wanker, pinging the missus to see what she's up to, looking forward to spending some quality time with her this weekend as I've been quite M.I.A. amidst the 4/20 week madness. She quickly and sassily informs me that she's going for drinks with her own friend for a bit, that's what I get for my excessive absence I suppose. Alright NEXT! I'm well tired but if she's gonna be out a bit longer, it's Friday so fuck it - I'm already messaging the homie Elastic Band, we link up at Bar Bones for some cheeky biertjes and sticky brick bowls (and his nasty ole spliffs of course), I don't stay too long, I reckon by 9 o' clock I head home. I turn on some Action Bronson "Fuck That's Delicious" and fall asleep into a deep, deep weed coma courtesy of a legendary fucking week and Paradox space cakes.
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Spectacular report Nugs 👌 Sounds like the week was a massive success and love the detailed reporting of the fiets crew! You guys sound like some serious smokers!

You've inspired me to get a bike on my next solo too. It seems the best way of getting around by far and the near death vibes will be good for the overall experience.
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

Great stuff, top read!
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Top travelogue Mr Nugs! That syrup sounds dangerous....

Thanks for sharing, its brilliant to be able to live the ACD 420 extravaganza through all the comments, chat and then travelogues. Makes me want to go myself!
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

How the F*** did you remember all those details Nugs - didnt see any notes being taken !!!!
I only remembered i was there after seeing my name being mentioned for the 3rd time ......

EXCELLENT STUFF
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Brilliant! Wonderful writing and even a poem. Great to see you again.

It's good to find out a little bit about what I was up to last week. More specifically, it's interesting to get a different perspective and fill in some blanks.

I'm very impressed that you guys are able to remember what you smoked and how good it was. To me it's just a blur of massive consumption by every means possible. I was blitzed for a week.

Sometime soon I'll try to put a travelogue together with a few pictures. It won't be anywhere near the quality of this or OHMF's effort but maybe between us we can piece together the story of our week and recall some memories.

My particular contribution will be an attempt at recalling names. I always try to note all of the forum members I meet at 4/20s. Even this will be rubbish but I'll have a go.

So, for starters, on Tuesday in The Stud I did a quick census and posted it on the live thread. This should be fairly accurate:

CopenhagenCouple
Danny211204
DeLekkersteNUGS16
Drugsbunny
KeyMonCha
Lafe
Lemming
Madmaxxx
OneHighMofo
Rickydude
Smirks
Spidergawd + Miss Muffett

Actually, I didn't note Miss Muffett at Stud but I do remember talking to her at Ballonnetje so I assume she was also at Stud because Spider was.

Matty223 was also with us at Ballonnetje but split before we got to Stud. As far as I recall, Macky wasn't with us in the east (probably saving himself for his birthday bash).

Incidentally, it'll be great if all of you experts can review the various strains that magically appeared at Ballonnetje and Stud. Seems like the least we can do in the circumstances.

Moving to Wednesday, I saw the messages about staying in 137 on my tablet in the apartment. I decided to walk to 137 through the Jordaan, taking pictures of coffeeshops as I went and checking for any stray cats at Mr K & Co. As it turned out Db, Smirks and Danny were there so I hung out with them for a while before joining you guys in Sound Garden.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Lemming wrote: Thu 27th Apr 2017 11:58 am Brilliant! Wonderful writing and even a poem. Great to see you again.

It's good to find out a little bit about what I was up to last week. More specifically, it's interesting to get a different perspective and fill in some blanks.

I'm very impressed that you guys are able to remember what you smoked and how good it was. To me it's just a blur of massive consumption by every means possible. I was blitzed for a week.

Sometime soon I'll try to put a travelogue together with a few pictures. It won't be anywhere near the quality of this or OHMF's effort but maybe between us we can piece together the story of our week and recall some memories.

My particular contribution will be an attempt at recalling names. I always try to note all of the forum members I meet at 4/20s. Even this will be rubbish but I'll have a go.

So, for starters, on Tuesday in The Stud I did a quick census and posted it on the live thread. This should be fairly accurate:

CopenhagenCouple
Danny211204
DeLekkersteNUGS16
Drugsbunny
KeyMonCha
Lafe
Lemming
Madmaxxx
OneHighMofo
Rickydude
Smirks
Spidergawd + Miss Muffett

Actually, I didn't note Miss Muffett at Stud but I do remember talking to her at Ballonnetje so I assume she was also at Stud because Spider was.

Matty223 was also with us at Ballonnetje but split before we got to Stud. As far as I recall, Macky wasn't with us in the east (probably saving himself for his birthday bash).

Incidentally, it'll be great if all of you experts can review the various strains that magically appeared at Ballonnetje and Stud. Seems like the least we can do in the circumstances.

Moving to Wednesday, I saw the messages about staying in 137 on my tablet in the apartment. I decided to walk to 137 through the Jordaan, taking pictures of coffeeshops as I went and checking for any stray cats at Mr K & Co. As it turned out Db, Smirks and Danny were there so I hung out with them for a while before joining you guys in Sound Garden.
Thanks for the kind words and feedback, it was great to catch up with you again this year and have more cozy sessions in the Bat Cave, I'm glad you were a fan of the syrup.

As far as attendance I was in quite a state and the fiets crew was always together for the major sessions of the week, placing the others is much more muddled in my foggy memory. Though good spot of Drugs Bunny he was definitely at most sessions too, and definitely poured him up a few doses of syrup as well obviously, in an effort to help him reminisce of last years infamous medible mishap. Anyway sorry to have initially left you out DB.

I still have to go through and dude some heavy editing to polish this thing up. May want to add some pictures, but I didn't take many but I heard through the grapevine that you gathered quite a photo log of the weeks happenings so I may ask if it would be possible to get some that perhaps represented the bigger sessions and communal wares, sans faces - and of course that you didn't plan on using for your own travelogue. Edit: with due photo credits being noted of course.*
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Some great detail you got down! And well written as expected!..all your excursions and sessions are exactly the kind of ones I enjoy and strive for when visiting Mokum, all the places I've not got chance to visit yet seemed to be on this trip too.
Hopefully I can become an addition to the fiets crew next year for 420 🚲

Really enjoyed the read, props to your memory bank too pal 😂 👏