Mokum, magic, madness – CC does 420

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Papi

Re: Mokum, magic, madness – CC does 420

Post by Papi »

KeyMonCha wrote: Mon 3rd Jul 2017 02:05 pm Another great instalment guys! :)

Yeah, i found my feet... Until the dab; and then i had to go walkabout again! :mrgreen: 8)

In regards to 1e, it's not that i dislike their gear when it's on form, which it usually is, but that anytime i've ever asked for a recommendation from the bald BT, he invariably hauls out the Zero-Zero or some other low priced hash which, imho, is always lacking in effect... Don't get me wrong, i've had some really tasty hash from here when i've followed my nose, but him consistently forcing that stuff even when i've pointed out that it was poor makes me question his honesty, and by extension, the decency of the shop itself... I've even asked other staff for their best hash, and they've pointed out some interesting menu item, only for baldy to come walking over and instruct them to recommend the damn Zero-Zero again... One of them even responded with a "What? ...Really?" to him, so i'm guessing they were as confused as me...

...Could always be that he just doesn't like my face, or there's some bald guy Vs Bald guy animosity... But that could just be my rampant paranoia!

Anyway... Keep 'em coming CC!!! ...Hope you manage to get to 4:20 before you start your next TR, you lucky peeps! :wink:

Next time say to him, "Bas, i don't want any zero-zero!":D He'll be suprised that you know his name, you know to catch him off guard:D

Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Devore

Post by Devore »

Loving this series. Great writing man its like i was there!!!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thank you all for the great feedback, much appreciated!

@danny: You are quite right, you even told me that you were going to meet matty there when you left sound garden if I am not mistaken again… :D October is, unfortunately, highly unlikely.

@Lems: Again I stand corrected (‘twas a weird day!), now that you mention it I do remember meeting you at sound garden and I could have checked your great TR for the details, my bad. :oops:

@KMC: Yeah, the dab did put a crooked smile and a bit of a puzzled look on your face, but you seemed much more comfortable with the effects and did up the ante with the nail hit compared to the day before… :D :mrgreen: The experiences with baldy (or Bas apparently :) ) would irritate me also, never had those though.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Papi wrote: Mon 3rd Jul 2017 02:24 pm
Next time say to him, "Bas, i don't want any zero-zero!":D He'll be suprised that you know his name, you know to catch him off guard:D

:D ...Yeah, i'm sure he'll love that! :lol:

...Worth a try, though... Guess i'm the poster-boy for insanity knowing full well what his response will be when i ask him, but i keep on doing it. :roll:
CopenhagenCouple

Wednesday April 19th continued – Getting melted in the batcave…

After yet another lovely bike ride, with the odd moments of Ricky-induced terror and hilarity, we arrive back in the center for the meet-up at Rookies.

We are a bit late to this meet-up, but do get time to hang and chat a bit with Choppermike and a couple of other forum members as we enjoy a few joints. If memory serves me we smoked some Silver Bubble (canal side) and a shoe hash joint, before we rolled up a DGH joint. I noticed that both the SB and DGH were getting a bit low and made a mental note to get a reload of these fine products if we or some of the crew happened to be near a canal side where such things are found. :mrgreen:

The crew soon started to break up and as we headed out both team OHMF and DLN informed us they had to swing by their respective nests for some supplies and a fresher. Left to our own devices we drove around for a bit, smoked a joint somewhere with a very pretty view that I have completely forgot where was, got back on our bikes and a while later found ourselves near Batavia, where the crew was to meet up later for the night’s shenanigans. Having no better plans, we parked our bikes and went inside to try to secure some proper seating and start pre-gaming.

As we descend into the batcave we are met with an increasing racket from a packed room, along with a thick curtain of heavy smoke. Things have obviously been busy here today. Seats are few and far apart, in fact we struggle to spot anywhere with room for the both of us and we do a little awkward dance routine as we shuffle about, drinks and coats in hand, looking for somewhere to sit.

I spot a free chair with a little room around it tucked in between the large table and one of the booths in the “kitchen end” of the room. The missus grabs this seat as I improvise a table with a small stool and grab a seat myself on another. I quickly throw up a post in the live thread about the dire seating situation, saying we’ll try to work for some seats near a socket for the e-nail.

It takes a bit of agility and quite a bit of patience with people bumping into her as they pass, but Mrs. CC succeeds in rolling another perfect joint and we get into this as we keep a lookout for any chance at acquiring better seats. With half the joint gone we get a lucky break and the people occupying the seats in the booth next to us get up and leave. Anticipating the arrival of some of the crew in the near future, we leave some of our stuff on the seat we had and grab the vacant seats.

As I look up, I spot a familiar face and say hello to team ambrosia who sits down by some of what I think was guys from the IC mag forum, who were seated at the big table. We chat a bit as we skin up a fatty of Tangie (the balloon) and 24K ice (Utopia) and start puffing. The combination is extremely tasty and the flavors from the two complement each other almost as good as the 24k ice with the 24k weed from Voyagers, only much louder. Perfect!

The orangie goodness of the fatty made us long for another dab of that wicked awesome 24K shatter from Deep Concentration and I asked if anyone had a rig handy. There was indeed a rig handy, but unfortunately no torch or e-nail. We tried SOS-ing Nugs on the forum, but to no avail and we were soon just the two of us again, jealously guarding the seats around us.

After a brief while we are joined by Nugs (although Nugs’ TR says otherwise) and together we work some towel magic and expand the ACD occupied area to decent size.

We sit around chatting and smoking a bit and some of the crew starts filing in. After a bit we are confident there are enough of the ACD massive around to keep any invasion force at bay and we take off on a quick mission for some more grub.

Back in the batcave we are met with an even larger gathering of ACD’ers than when we left and the “slow night” is quickly picking up the pace. Someone had also recently swung by a canal side and picked up a reload of Silver Bubble, DGH and 24K shatter for us, adding to an already packed stash. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumbup:

A new addition to the festivities was the Deep Concentration tangie crumble derived Tyson’s THCyrup, which quickly got added to a couple of beers. A friend said it made your beer taste like shandy and it really does, going down very easy and having a very fast kick to it.

The e-nail was also in good use and joints where flying all over the place, so everyone soon got pretty melted.

KMC joined the gang at some point and grabbed a seat next to us. We had a very gezellig time sharing a good number of nice hash joints in our little “hash heads corner”, we probably sampled more two thirds the hashes in our stash and a number that KMC had bought at various places, getting even more blasted in the process. :mrgreen:

I am pretty sure that it was around this time that macky gave me a bag from Pablow Picasso, saying something like “you will probably like this”. Turned out to be their Maroc Cream (or at least that’s what I think it is called), which is a nice classic Moroccan we also had back in the summer last year and enjoyed there as well. Very smooth and, well, creamy smoke. Thanks again macky, that was very nice of you! :D :thumbup:

It wasn’t long before the syrup laced beers, the many dabs and the tons of joints and vapes flying around the room hit the fiets gang hard. We rarely get any noticeable effects from edibles, but this syrup was clearly different. Even the hard dabbing bike crew were impressed with the strength and very rapid onset of the effects from this tasty goop.

I wasn’t as hard hit as the rest of the crew, but a series of fat dabs of both the 24K and the GG#4 sugar wax that macky had sponsored on top of the effects I was feeling from the syrup made me very sympathetic to their current state of mind. I remember looking over at Ricky who was leaned over at a 45 degree angle with a big smile on his face, happily staring into oblivion. Maybe he felt me looking, because he looked up as I smiled at his posture and broke into a grin. He shook his head, raised his eyebrows and just said “wow!” as he raised his drink for another swig of the magic stuff. :shock: :lol:

At some point we migrated to the other half of the room and the fuckery continued on full swing. The temperature is a little more manageable in this half of the room, but it is still cooking and the dense atmosphere is getting to most of us. For some reason, probably stoner laziness, we never get serious about finding another venue and stick around. :roll:

Nugs, being the little devil that he can be, prepares a massive dab for the missus of the GG#4 wax. :twisted: She thought it had a more stoney kick than the 24K and the combo of syrup and the fat dab had her grabbing for the sugary drinks and floating along in an extremely crispy state for a while. :mrgreen:

The rest of the night in the batcave fades into a mix of smoking, drug fueled convo and good times as we endure the thick smog and blaze through dabs, joints and vapes. We end up staying until closing time and after clearing out the mess we left, we emerge into the crisp, clean (well, sorta) air of Mokum, heading for a late night snack.

OHMF seems to have his mind set on Domino’s, but as that is available more or less anywhere and the prospect of reheated crummy pizza more or less never sounds appealing to me, I quickly guide our little posse towards the inevitable munching at Favorite Chicken. :roll: :lol:

After practically swallowing a chicken fillet burger at a table in the shop, I join OHMF, who is seated at the canal, for a brief smoke, bringing him some wings I happened to get along with the burger. He seemed mighty pleased and we chill for a bit, waiting for the rest of the crew to finish up.

Everyone is completely melted at this point and after a bit of back and forth regarding a possible night cab at the bulldog, we opt to call it a night, anticipating a big day tomorrow. We exchange some stoned “cya laters dudes” and are quickly on our bikes heading south.

Cruising towards the Uptown Piggy on our trusty iron steeds, we laughingly agree that the “slow day” was anything but slow. We also agree that more of that syrup is definitely needed for the 420 festivities. As we have a few things we need to do and get before the boat trip, besides getting more syrup, we try to make a few plans as we go along, but quickly realize that it is quite futile and agree to just get up and check out from the piggy at the required time, winging it from there. :lol:

It has been quite the day and a couple of joints in to the obligatory late night sesh in the Piggy smoker’s lounge, Mrs. CC throws in the towel and heads for bed. The second fatty with a load of canal side’s GG#4 ice on top of a mix of heavy hashes was what sealed the deal. She looked very cute as she gave me a kiss goodnight and smiled at me with eyes so closed it is a marvel she could see where she was going.

I roll up and smoke a few more joints, chatting to the few stragglers still up. It is getting late and I am just about to get up to brave the never-ending stairs, as a mixed group of five or six guests in their early twenties bust in to the room. They are in a very festive mood, have obviously had quite a few drinks and seem a bit out of place in the lazy and stoned environment of the smoker’s lounge, loudly proclaiming that they “are here to paaartaaay”. The guys in the group are especially keen on getting the party going even further and are discussing where they should take the girls next.

It is to my recollection at least two o’clock on the night between Wednesday and Thursday and I think they have been drinking in the bar at the Piggy for some hours. Now they are talking about what clubs to hit up, where the maddest Amsterdam all-night parties might be and if they should take the girls on a tour through the RLD before hitting these wicked blow-outs. I laugh a bit to myself, having seen this more than once before. It is obviously their first time in the city and they are under the impression that the city is a 24/7 party, with crazy all-night clubs and underground parties open to all newcomers. :roll: :-D

I sit back, rolling up and smoking a last joint for the night, as I enjoy their enthusiastic, drunken scheming. At some point they ask me for some recommendations on where to go and I briefly attempt to explain things to them, but quickly give up and let them continue with their inebriated planning.

Stoned as a gravel road I battle the endless stairs and finally crash into oblivion on my bed, smiling in anticipation of a great day to come.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Quality read as per usual CC! Thanks for writing it up :D!

That THCryup sounds pretty intense, I like reading about things like that because it's non existent where I am so it makes me super intrigued. I bet adding it to beers made the buzz hit a bit harder, especially if they were going down too easy lol.

I wonder if that group managed to find their all night rave :lol:.

Thanks again for the write up and enjoy your trip next week 8)
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Great latest installment as always, can't wait to see you two.

If you'll allow me one native-speaker nitpick in the name of upgrading your ever impressive arsenal of Anglicisms the expression goes:

"Few and far between."

Skål :)
Last edited by Nuggz on Mon 17th Jul 2017 09:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sun 16th Jul 2017 12:42 pmIf you'll allow me one native-speaker nitpick in the name of upgrading your ever impressive arsenal of Anglicisms the expression goes:

"Far and few between."
Never heard that one.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Sun 16th Jul 2017 05:51 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sun 16th Jul 2017 12:42 pmIf you'll allow me one native-speaker nitpick in the name of upgrading your ever impressive arsenal of Anglicisms the expression goes:

"Few and far between."
Never heard that one.
Americanism perhaps?
danny211204

Post by danny211204 »

I dont think it is heard it plenty of times usualy said when not many of something, iam from the north so might be a northern thing?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

danny211204 wrote: Mon 17th Jul 2017 01:20 pm I dont think it is heard it plenty of times usualy said when not many of something, iam from the north so might be a northern thing?
Well fuck that's gotta be it :wink: :lol:

....sigh

No truth be told in true karmatic fashion I was bitten on the ass whilst being a nitpicky twat. CC originally wrote:
...few and far apart
I corrected it as:
Far and few between
The correct expression:
Few and far between.
I was so focused on correcting 'apart' to 'between', I paid no mind to the rest of the expression, or that I had written it backwards - add to that, that the they're two three letter words starting with 'F' and that changing the order doesn't really change the intent or meaning of the expression, then it just goes to show you just what a fucker of an expression it is to seemingly get right (apparently even for a native-speaker like yours truly :wink: )!

I digress, when I logged back on last night and saw that FOD had quoted me, I immediately knew what I had fucked up before even checking the comment, which of course I was unable to see or cheekily correct because the forum crashed. Well let me tell you I was on the edge of the waiting to find out whatever cheeky jab FOD had sent my way.

When the hamsters-on-wheels finally got the servers back in action this morning, and my suspicions were confirmed, I quickly corrected my comment, and saw that the phrasing of FOD's quip and a lack of morning coffee left an opportune chance for me to reciprocate some facetiousness and even perhaps a dash of smugness, hence the comment. Cool story bro! 8)

...oh and then I found 20 bucks!

TL;DR:
if you're a nitpicky twat, it will surely bite you in the ass! 8) :lol: :wink: :twisted: :mrgreen:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great read, as always. I, too, get a kick out of misconceptions of AMS. There is indeed a time in AMS where every street corner has a party, people pee into the canals, you can stay up all night long, music is blaring, and you can get as f'ed up as you possibly want. That time is known as King's Day. All the rest of the year is as tame as a town with Coffeeshops and 3 prominent Red Light Districts can offer.

Few and Far Between. You can replace that phrase with 'rare' or 'infrequent'. For example, "Good tomatoes in Texas come few and far between." I would kill for some good tomatoes right now. Or, "My visits to AMS are few and far between," although I'm pretty guilty of landing after a visit, then immediately booking another trip 6 weeks later.
CopenhagenCouple

Thursday April 20th – 420!!!

It is passed seven o’clock when I wake up and the sun is shining happily in through the drapes, which inexplicably again have been drawn half way open sometime during the night. At least the room is reasonably quiet this morning, our Spanish roommate has evidently decided to drop this morning’s speech and the rest of his posse are surprisingly also keeping their noise level down. Maybe it was these tranquil surroundings that allowed me to “sleep in” this morning, or maybe it was the after effects of last night’s heavy consumption. Whatever the reason, I am feeling well rested and am looking forward to what promises to be a wild day.

After a short bathroom visit, I am back in the smoker’s lounge for another w&b sesh. The uptown piggy is a bit more busy than previous mornings and I am kept company by a pleasant mix of other stoners. The forum chat is quite lively this morning and soon ACD’s resident energizer bunny Papi is suggesting a trek to De Pijp for a fried fish and Stroopwaffle breccy. Not feeling the fish this early (we are Danish, not Norwegian after all) I pass and tug in to the breakfast served at the Piggy.

It isn’t long before I am joined by the missus who has also had a good night’s sleep and is fired up for the day’s festivities. We settle in for the traditional w&b and some breakfast for the missus, spending an hour’s time getting properly baked for this special day and making plans for the time up to the boat trip.

After a quick shower, we pack up our belongings, check out and say our goodbyes for this time to the uptown piggy staff. It’s time to head for the downtown piggy, where we will spend the last night, but as we are in relatively good time we decide to take it slow and head past Tweede Kamer on the way for a pick up.

Arriving at 2e we find the place almost empty with only the BT behind the counter and one lone customer taking up a corner seat. We originally planned for just a b&f, but decide to take a seat and have a couple of lattes to join the Laila and Tblisa hash we bought. As the BT is preparing our coffee I make a quick skip next door and get a box of Van Stapele cookies. If you haven’t tried these chunks of chocolaty heaven yet, book a flight to Mokum right now and go get you some, they are fooking amazing, especially when they are fresh.

We have a beautiful, quiet and very relaxed little session as we enjoy the great coffee, an awesome cookie and the two very nice Moroccan classic hashes. The new décor is really growing on us. We still miss the old place with the über gezellig and unique style, but the new place isn’t bad at all. The style is pretty “clean”, with a nice mix of classic and modern elements. It is neither as loud and insisting as some shops are, nor as minimalistic and somewhat sterile as others are. It also seems a bit roomier and even though a few more customers arrive and there is a steady stream doing b&fs, we never get the feeling that it is getting cramped and there are still seating free for several more visitors.

It is approaching noon and we have a few things to get through before the pre-boat meet up at HSB, so we get our act together and jump back on the bikes for the uptown piggy. The check in is over in a few minutes and our luggage is quickly stashed in the lockers, so we agree to check out the smoker’s lounge as we try to figure out what the rest of the gang is doing.

We roll up a big fat doob with silver bubble, G13 Mr. Nice and some GG#4 ice and share this while trying to track down Nugs and team OHMF. As we skin up number two we finally make contact with Nugs who informs us that he is heading for 2e where the yorkies are reportedly to be found. I light up the joint as we are getting on our bikes, but before we get going Nugs is back on the horn to inform us that the minty brothers have moved on to New Times. We haven’t visited New Times before, but a quick peak at the ACD map ensures us that it is very close and we start heading down NZV sharing the joint as we cruise along.

We are both quite crispy at this time and somehow convince ourselves that we have teleported over to Spuistraat, which means that New Times should be coming up on our right-hand side very soon. We are a bit surprised as we emerge onto Spui plein without having passed New Times and turn around to go back up “Spuistraat” (actually NZV) and look harder for the shop, which obviously must be well hidden. :roll: :oops:

As we pass Rosmarijnsteeg I spot Kadinsky and remember that I wanted to try the Habibi Rouge. We swing around and the missus holds my bike as I pop in to Kadinsky for a b&f. Unfortunately the Habibi Rouge was out, but the caramello looked pretty good so got a gram of that instead.

Emerging from Kadinsky I realize our previous mistake and we head out onto the real Spuistraat, turning right for New Times which isn’t that well hidden after all… Taking a quick look in to New Times we fail to spot our comrades, so try to catch Nugs on the phone, but he is out of contact again. We decide to head back down towards Spui, but just as I jump onto my bike I spot Nugs standing a few meters away from me, sporting a cheeky grin and an expression that seems to say “so there you finally are, what kept you?” Nugs informs us that we are now to head towards Dampkring and together we ride down to Spui plein, where team OHMF comes up behind us as we approach Handboogstraat.

We do a quick b&f at Dampkring where we get another gram of the mushina and head back out. Nugs and OHMF is going on a short shopping mission for the team and we leave Ricky at Dampkring as we head towards the Amstel on our iron horses.

Somewhere along the way we break of from the other two and head towards the balloon for a restock of the Tangie and some G13 Mr. Nice for Ricky.

At Het Ballonnetje we are greated by a friendly staff who happily provides us with five grams of the Tangie and the G13 Mr. Nice for Ricky. We sit down to spark up a quick doob of the Tangie and make plans for the final bit of shopping before the boat trip.

Before we leave I decide to get a hoodie for myself, the missus got a black one at the meet up and I have been contemplating getting one in grey. As I am handed the hoodie from one of the nice lady BTs and get my money out to pay, owner Roger pops around the corner and insists that it is on the house. I am pleasantly surprised as they have already been more than generous enough to us, but happily accept and again express our appreciation for the royal treatment we have had. :thumbup: :clap: :-D

With big smiles and promises to be back as soon as we hit the city again (and we will be, very soon :D ), we are out the door and on our way to look for some quick grub and some beverages for the smokeboat. We raid an Albert Heijn somewhere near Waterlooplein, have a quick snack on the steps outside and are soon back on our bikes heading for HSB.

Crossing through the RLD we decide to park our bikes near the take-off and return site of the smokeboat and lock them up a bit south of Oude Kerk. Walking towards HSB we spot the boat docked besides the church, taking on passengers for a trip. We decide to check it out a bit and ask if there is a toilet on it. That question had been raised more than once on the forum by ACD’ers worried about the possibility of having to lean over the side of the boat if the need became too great. There was a guy standing at the back´, who we later found out was the captain, and asked about the facilities he lit up in a smile, saying “Yesh, we have a Bear Grylls style toilet right here, you schee?” and pointed to a bucket in tiny 5 foot closet labelled “Herren”. :lol:

At HSB we find a small gathering of ACD’ers and head downstairs to occupy the window seats for a pre-gaming sesh. Fat joints are quickly skinned and passed around as more joints are prepared for the trip. Even though we have been on the move for most of the day, we have taken time for a smoke almost everywhere we went and we are already pretty melted, but the pace is really picking up and it looks to be a wild and fun afternoon.

Nugs soon joins us and out comes the syrup. Mrs. CC has ordered a fresh OJ and the Tangie flavored syrup goes amazing with the juice. I can’t remember what drink I put the teaspoon of syrup into, maybe a beer, but I remember it quickly adding an edge to the already quite heady high I was feeling. :mrgreen:

Papi walks in and with a big smile pulls out a massive party sized cone, explaining that he thought we should add a bit to the fun with an giant communal joint, but as the time is drawing close to the scheduled meetup at Oude Kerk we decide to do a quick roll up on the boat before 420 instead of rushing it at HSB. Right before we get up to leave I think “fuck it, it’s only 420 once a year” and take a big gulp of the syrup directly from the bottle. It was thicker than I expected and had to be coaxed a bit, which resulted in me talking a bit bigger gulp than I had planned. Woops... :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

There is a big group of ACD’ers gathered at the canal side by the Oude Kerk when we arrive, but so far no boat. As more and more of the crew keeps appearing it looks like macky’s cat herder skills have resulted in a massive turnout, I don’t think we had even one no-show. There is a brief moment of “what do we do if the boat doesn’t show?”, before it finally appears a few minutes before the scheduled departure time.

With everyone aboard and the crew giving some kind of introduction that we didn’t pay any attention to, we got immediately busy grinding up weed for the giant joint. We didn’t keep count of how much got loaded in that monster, but it was a lot. Papi must have put in a couple or more grams, we put in about a gram of SFV OG, about a gram of Amnesia Kush and a few scraps of different strains, Lemming threw in the two grams he got from Voyagers and a bunch of other ACD’ers threw in a truckload more. The result was a massive bat of choice greens, all good to go for 420 along with the absolutely ridiculous amount of other cannabis products the ACD gang had brought for the trip! :shock: :lol:

We weren’t ten minutes into the trip before the youngest of the crew, who was standing in the entrance to the cabin not far from us, slowly shook his head in amazement and exclaimed “I have never seen anyone smoke so much in my life!” Nugs, Papi and the two of us who were closest to him and overheard him had a good laugh and agreed that he hadn’t seen anything yet. We were, after all, still busy rolling the giant joint and the dab rig wasn’t even going around yet… :lol:

Soon cold beers were spiked with that magic syrup and we managed to get a dab in before it approached 420. As the time drew close I noticed the same kind of excitement in the air as you get at a really good new year’s party, only without the inevitable scrambling of wasted partygoers looking for champagne glasses and trying to figure out who brought what bubbly drink and if it would be a good idea to shot a rocket out the window just as the clock strikes midnight...

When the clock finally struck 420 everyone cheered and whished each other a happy 420, whilst lighting up joints, taking hits from vapes or pipes or doing dabs. The boat must have gotten an ounce lighter within half a minute, so many tokes where being had that we were burning through flower, hash and concentrates like a bushfire. That giant joint burned for quite a while and gave off some massive hits that had many an ACD’er smiling as they puffed away on it.

At one point I was trying to talk to OHMF about something or the other when I leaned over and pushed the tabletop right off the table he and a bunch of other were seated at. It apparently was not really a table as much as it was a loosely fitting board covering a bunch of lifejackets in a wooden box. The top tipped right into the box resulting in drinks, pipes, dab rigs and all the other stuff sitting on the table being knocked all over the place. By some 420 blessing nothing was broken and the “table” quickly righted again, letting us get back to the festivities.

The syrup was working better for me than the night before and we were going pretty hard at it alongside the crazy smoking pace on the boat, so before long the already blitzed state I was in got even deeper. Mrs. CC was clearly also enjoying the festivities and for a bit we went out on the sunny open back end of the boat to take in the sun and canal as we chatted to the ACD’ers hanging out and having fun there.

MadmaxXx was dabbing happily away on his quite handy and portable little dab rig, giving a characteristic grin doing so. I noticed that he hadn’t put any water in it and offered him some we had handy. He just smiled and said something like “Nah mate, it works fine like this” and gave off another big grin. Hardcore that maxXx :D :!: :mrgreen:

It was brilliant watching the reactions of people we passed by in the boat, especially the tour boats full of gawking tourist and the people standing on bridges we passed under were hilarious. We must have been easy to track, going by the smoke and smell alone you could probably follow us down the canals long time after we had been there.

All too soon the boat trip is over and we are approaching Oude Kerk again. What a trip it was, I must admit that we were a bit skeptical at first if it could be done, given the hit and miss history of such attempts, but as macky took charge of the operation and demonstrated his champion cat herding skills it shaped up to a very memorable time and perfect way for the ACD massive to celebrate 420! Big thanks to macky for setting up such a great day! :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

(tbc)
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great report! I enjoy that many reports still trickle in now 3 months later. And I love the way they overlap and you get different perspectives.

Looking forward to meeting soon!
CopenhagenCouple

Thnx all for your nice feedback, and thanks Nugs et al for the little reminder on the -isms! ;)

See many of you soon...

Thursday April 20th – 420!!! Continued…

As we get off the smokeboat there is a bit of back and forth on where to go. Most want to go to Utopia and a consensus quickly forms. Before the group gets underway KMC comes up to the two of us. He asks us if we like the products from Boer, which we certainly do and tell him so. He proceeds to hand over a gram of Kosher Tangie block, saying it is a gift for us and explaining that he appreciated the tips on what shops to go to we were giving him in the days up to his arrival. We thank him many times and explain that it wasn’t necessary at all, but he insists and we agree to share a big fatty of the fine hash later in the evening. :thumbup: :-D

The group heads off and we go locking for our bikes, predictably turning right and going north, in the wrong direction. We check a couple of bike racks and pass Favorite Chicken before realizing our mistake and turn around to go back south to the spot where we parked our bikes only three hours earlier.

We arrive at Utopia to find it still closed and the gang nowhere in sight. We figured they got sidetracked and will be right around the corner, we don’t hear about the confusion we caused until later.

About half of the gang break off and go for some food in the pizza place next door as the rest of us head inside to find the first half of the shop reserved for the ACD forum. Ingi has set up a nice welcome for us, doing up the tables, setting out some snacks for us and providing us with free beverages. She is greeted with big hugs by many in the group and we settle in for a very nice sesh that lasts for a couple of hours.

Smirks convinces Mrs. CC to have a hit from the massive bong he has secured. She is pleasantly surprised by the flavor, it has been quite a while since she last did a bong hit, but this one goes down smooth and she sits back with a happy smirk of her own. Around eight we decide to go get some much needed fuel, give Ingi a big hug and head for Burger Bar on Warmoesstraat for a couple of quick burgers.

Refueled we head to Batavia and luckily score good seat in the batcave. Not long after we arrive we are joined by EB and a friend of his. We roll up a nice fatty with some Kosher Tangie block and share the joint with EB and his friend, who is very impressed with the hash. It is very tasty with a nice mix of a powerful classic Moroccan flavor profile and a clear presence of both fruity and skunky notes coming through from the new genetics. It is potent as well, quickly reducing the eyes of EB’s friends to small slits and giving us a very nice uplifting buzz. Very nice choice by KMC, who whom we as agreed share a big fat joint with the rest of the hash later in the night.

The place is quickly filled with a large gathering of ACD’ers in full celebration mode. Everyone seems to be having a good time and it is impossible to keep track of the many joints and other goodies being passed around. Nugs is also fast to spike our beers with syrup and they go down dangerously fast. More smoke, more dabs and more spiked beers follow.
The syrup is like rocket fuel, almost hitting you while you drink it and sending us higher than we both have ever been in such a large gathering. In fact we struggle to find a time where we were we got higher, we may have been much more stoned before but the soaring euphoric high from the syrup on top of the countless joints and dabs sent us into high orbit. The dabs also got bigger and bigger and a few that was passed between the CC’s, team OHMF and Nugs were massive globs of shiny goodness which had us all sailing around in our seats, which suddenly became a bit unstable.

It was a grand night, some of which fades into oblivion, our appreciation goes out to all who joined and helped make it such a fantastic day and night. Our memory fails us a bit and we can’t remember if we joined the feits crew at Favorite Chickens for a bit of late night munching, but we seem to remember OHMF getting stiffed there and not getting served before the rest of us were almost done eating, that might have been another night though.

Back at Batavia (if we even left) we share a few smokes and about half past midnight get the idea to go say congratulations to Ingi at Utopia. Papi had given us the great news that Utopia had their license extended a few hours earlier and we felt that it would be a nice conclusion to the celebrations going by there and saying high!

We arrive at Utopia to find Ingi closing down early as it had been very slow for the last part of the night. We share a joint and a little chat with Ingi outside Utopia and give her a big hug before she takes off.

The late night posse is down to Lemming, KMC, Papi and the two of us. We stroll over to the nearest canal, smoking another joint while looking over at the small RLD along the canal. We decide to head for the bottle for a night cab, loosing KMC somewhere along the way. As we arrive at the bottle we find it full to the brim and decide to look elsewhere. We take a few steps in no particular direction, but then change our minds and say goodbye for the night to Lemming and Papi, skip down the road, park our bikes and quickly find ourselves back at the downtown piggy.

Walking in to the smoker’s lounge, I literally bump in to a familiar face and we again meet up with team ambrosia unplanned. We spend a good while chatting, smoking a few joints and having a dab or two on a rig someone had brought, before we finally had to throw in the towel, stumble down stairs and crash in our beds a couple of hours later.

What a bloody fantastic 420 celebration, we will have to work hard to top that one next year boys and girls!

CC