Mokum, magic, madness – CC does 420

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
danny211204

Re: Mokum, magic, madness – CC does 420

Post by danny211204 »

@easilysuede is that houseboat any good thought of booking it but the no smoking after 12 put me off and the distance. oh can you smoke weed on the boat???
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

danny211204 wrote: Mon 22nd May 2017 05:36 pm @easilysuede is that houseboat any good thought of booking it but the no smoking after 12 put me off and the distance. oh can you smoke weed on the boat???
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hey danny- the accommodations are minimalist, and you share the single badkammer with willem and any other guests.
willem is quite the character, and once you and he are simpatico you can probably get away with a bit more than the formal rules allow. i usually vaped, and he had no prollies with that at all, at anytime of the day. he would grow the legally allowed number of pot plants on his back deck, usually afgan-oriented fast-finishers. he said it was partially for the tourist/tour boats pleasure as they cruised by. re: distance- it is a bit of a hoof to get to the centrum from there, but getting to ye olde Nes was never a chore, which i did just about every evening. and that location puts you fairly close to de pijp's canna/food scene, which has a bit more of a local feel. there's a few apartments around sarphatipark that'll get you right into the thick of things... http://amsterdam.citymundo.com/amsterdam-apartments/
cheers
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Really great and especially detailed report. And it is not even finished yet.
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Cool report, nice meeting you folks, should really attempt some sort of write up too.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Tuesday April 18th continued – The Bash of Bashes!

We rejoin the action in the Batcave, where OHMF is busy squeezing out some rosin from the Stud leftovers and some other bits and pieces of weed. I dig out the two hashes from the stud and break off more than a gram of each for him to squeeze also. We more or less only make hash rosin at home, so we probably won’t be getting too much into that, but figure there are plenty of ACD’ers joining us tonight that might be interested in a wee hash rosin dibdabberoo.

Nugs is working his magic and as we are no slouches in the art of Teutonic towel trickery neither we quickly manage to secure a good foothold near the serving window, but are still keeping our eyes out for more options to gain territory from the ICmag gang who still hold the upper hand.

Confident that we can hold our own for a bit, Nugs flies off on a stealth mission along a canal side and we dig into our stash for a bit. I seem to remember Ricky also going off on some adventure for a while, and that a few more ACD’ers joined the gang while he was gone, but can’t say for sure who it was and in what order things happened. Before long we saw our chance to move to some of the tables in the other half of the room and the lanky rosin master soon joined the rest of us and set up the e-nail, while the rest of us were busy smoking and skinning up a few.

A few dabs and joints later we were really feeling the hunger and went off for a quick bite, IIRC we hit up BB on Warmoesstraat, but we might have had something at Batavia. :roll:

Back from our munching we are quickly rejoined by Nugs who have brought goodies he found on his little expedition, besides a rather large helping of different canal side wares for the boys, he picked up five grams of the legendary Shoe hash for us from another local hookup. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

On a quick trip to the bar, I spot the star of the night in good company, birthday boy macky is having a nice birthday dinner with wife and BIL Joe and seems more than ready for the bash. After again wishing macky a happy birthday and reassuring him that we have the best seats in the house for the upcoming party.

Downstairs the pre-gaming is in full swing and the fiets gang is happily digging into their newly stuffed stashes, with the rest of the ACD gang present also sharing some smokes and having a good time.

We finally get a chance to sample the Shoe hash, which along with DGH from canal side and the Laila from TK became our favorite hashes of the trip. Let me just tell you up front, we weren’t disappointed. The Shoe hash is a prime example of classic Moroccan luxury, hard as a rock when left undisturbed but quickly becomes more malleable when heated by the touch of your hand. It is almost black on the outside, fading to a dark redish brown on the inside, gleaming with crystally goodness and oozing with fragrant oils. :mrgreen: :D

Rolling up the Shoe Hash… Excuse the crappy quality.

The taste on this baby was one of the most powerful we have had in a classic Moroccan in quite a while. It is a full on assault of rosemary, pine and dark spices, with dark espresso roast coffee and dark chocolate filling in the gaps, a big fat mouthful of flavors and so powerful that large doses in a spliff will have you gasping for air. It was also quite potent and easily cut through the many other cannabinoids floating around or system from a full day and early evening of smoking. A deep, relaxing body stone with a nice floaty head high was what I remembered mostly from it that night.

We follow up the Shoe hash with some of the Amnesia Kush from canal side. To us this was a bit of an unfamiliar puppy, as we don’t seem to remember seeing it elsewhere or hearing about it on the forum. Maybe the knowledgeable OHMF can educate us a bit and will probably let us know that we have been smoking just such a cross under some name we didn’t know came from a Amnesia x somekindakush parentage.

While not as stellar a sample as the Amnesia X G13 cross we had from canal side in November, this was still a very interesting and tasty smoke. It had a very decent effect that had the classic amnesia high mixed with a heavier body stone that complemented the relaxing stone from the Shoe hash nicely. The flavor saw the amnesia come through with some more old school skunky, dank flavors in the background. Not a very distinct “kush” flavor, but still an interesting smoke.
As we are enjoying our Amnesia Kush fatty Ricky catches my eye as he enthusiastically (in his own way) picks through some of his stash, looking for the next choice weed to be rolled up. Last night poor Ricky was not feeling well at all and he was clearly suffering in more ways than one. That has all gone away overnight though, and Ricky has been going full steam all day with no sign of letting up. Over the next days he even seems to gather momentum as the week progresses and he quickly outpaces all but a few of the ACD massive at all the meet ups.

Pre-gaming at Batavia. Most of our stash before the bash (some bits missing). :mrgreen:

About this time macky, wife and Joe join the party and everyone joins in wishing him (another) happy birthday. They take seats in the spot we have reserved for them near the window, which becomes their little corner of the world for the remainder of the evening.

Macky quickly whips out a bunch of baggies, graps one seemingly at random and throws it at Mrs. CC and asks her to roll up one of her fattys from the content. This would repeat very frequently during the night as macky very generously kept supplying the missus with baggie after baggie of choice greens and hashes, sharing the result with the whole party. I don’t know how many bags got done in this way, but it was a truckload and what macky brought for us on his birthday bash could have kept most of the gang quite crispy that night without the need for the rest of us bringing anything to the table.

But this is the ACD crew after all, and “quite crispy” just isn’t gonna cut it. Everyone seemed to have brought a little extra treat or two for the special occasion. The rest of the gang gradually joined the party and we were soon a big bunch of happy tokers having a grand party. Check Lemmings great travelogue for a full list of everyone who were there that night, he forgot to name himself “Master of Attendance” as he apparently has an almost perfect memory for who joined what meetup. :D

Before we got too deep into the fray OHMF, macky and I went on a quick mission to score a bit of extra green from Voyagers. At this point we were all rather mashed and I remember us shooting the shit and giggling away as we pot-stumbled the short way to Voyagers. At the counter we had a peak a several nice looking samples of green and I came away with a nice bag of 24K Gold that we had planned to roll up with the 24K Full Melt Ice from Utopia as a special birthday fatty for macky.
IIRC both my companions bought something at Voyagers and as we were walking back towards Batavia I tried to convince them (and myself as well) that there was absolutely no need to stop by Central on the way, considering the absolutely massive stash the three of us already had lying in wait in the Batcave. Seconds later the three of us are standing at the counter in Central, laughing and shaking our heads at the folly of my attempt and asking the tender to see his best offerings.
We look at a few things and a “fruity diesel” (raspberry? Strawberry? who know?) catches our eye. Macky and maybe OHMF grab a gram and I make plans to come back later in the night for a sampling of the Amnesia Hash that several on the forum has spoken highly of and was reportedly restocked soon.

Back in the Batcave the party has turned up another notch and the ACD crew is really showing what they are made off. Joints beyond count are flying around the room, several pipes are also passed around and the e-nail is hot on the table. So many joints are passed my way that night that even my sometimes “weidetic memory” is put to shame and I have only been able to hang on to a few clear impressions of the many, many fine products I sampled that night.

I quite clearly remember the Trans Himalayan hash that DB brought (I think it is one of his favorites as he seems to be always carrying some ;) ), which was a very fine example of classic Asian hash. IIRC OHMF also pressed a bit of this into rosin with a very nice yield. Very nice hash, somewhat minty though. ;)

The stand out Asian hash of the night, and of the trip actually, was the Malana Cream that macky offered up (among the several hashes he had brought to complement his large selection of weed). I recently read a rather negative review on this particular hash from avfc-herbalist, who seems to know what he was talking about. I doubt it was the same batch as the one macky had, if even the same hash at all. This one was extremely tasty, completely overshadowing the pure weed it was mixed with. It was super smooth in spite of the massive flavors and was a real treat for Asian hash lovers.

The “24K all the way” birthday joint we rolled for macky was also a real treat. The 24K from Voyagers had a decent amount of Kosher in the profile and the musky funk and dank flavors blended perfectly with the more Tangie heavy (and extremely tasty) full melt ice from Utopia. I think everyone who had a sample of this fatty raised an eyebrow and commented something akin to OHMF’s “that is a taaasty number”. :mrgreen:

The dab train was also going full steam and OHMF, Ricky and Nugs all insisted that the both of us had several dabs from their newly acquired concentrate stashes. I also had some of the sugar wax (GG#4 IIRC) that macky bought for the party, super terpy and powerful taste, with a kick to join it.
OHMF also offered up some of the hash rosin and even though I was much more keen on the fine BHOs it was nice with a few hash rosin nail hits. We both agreed that the best tasting and decidedly least minty of the lot was one of hashes from The Stud, but don’t think we ever managed to nail down which of the two it was, if you’ll excuse the pun. ;)

After a few hours more fun and mad consumption all around Spidergawd made it clear that he and the lovely MissMuffet were just about ready to call it a night. I (as well as OHMF, macky and Nugs) had several times offered spidey a dab, which he had accepted but newer actually got around to taking as he was probably distracted by some of the other merrymaking. I asked him if he wanted one before he left and with a big smile he made his way to the dab rig. It was another hour and I think more than one dab later before they eventually made their moves for the door. A true veteran and a wonderful human being that spidey! :D

The crew was starting to thin out a bit also and I think it was about a half an hour or so later that the fiets gang were really feeling the hunger and made plans for some grub. Everyone was seriously melted at this point and all but the two of us from the bike gang also seemed to be close to calling it a night. OHMF asked if we wanted to get a last dab in before he turned off the nail and the both of us jumped at the opportunity. As it was the last dab of the night, I might have been a bit too brave with the size and as we stumbled out of Batavia a little later (half a fatty in my mouth and with no jacket on off course) I am feeling particularly mashed and quite silly.
As our little group of mischiefs zigzag through the steady stream of people in the night, we have a brief back and forth on the choice of munchies but predictably end up at “the chicken man”- Favorite Chicken again, the only choice really... :D 8) :D

I order up a Fillet burger, a bunch of wings and a coke, pay the dude and stumble back out the shop to light up the joint that has been dangling between my lips since we left Batavia. I think Ricky and the missus joins me for a bit and as the joint is finished off the food is ready, perfect timing! :D
Now, it is at this point that my story will diverge a bit from the tales of Nugs and OHMF. As we remember it, and I am pretty sure the story that follows will support, the missus and I hung back a bit at Favorite Chicken, taking our time to finish the food and leisurely walking back towards Batavia, smoking another half J I had found tugged behind my ear on the way. The reason the crew went back to Batavia before going home btw, was that they still had some of their stuff there and had to gather this before calling it a night.

As we made it back to Batavia we meet Nugs and Ricky outside, both IIRC on their way to grab their bikes. They were both grinning quite broadly and as I asked Ricky were his brother was he laughingly shook his head as he explained that OHMF in typical fashion had had to run back downstairs for his wallet, which he apparently had dropped down there before they left. We meet the lanky dude in the door coming out of Batavia, give him a quick jab for his rather clumsy forgetfulness, we say our goodbyes for the night and OHMF joins Nugs and Ricky for their late night stroll.

Downstairs the party is reduced to a few stragglers, IIRC DB, Lemming and macky was there, maybe one more. We share another few fatties with the group and the birthday boy shares a few more goodies before he is off, at which point it is only Lemming and the two of us left.
We sit around chatting, having a beer or two and smoking a bit more until we can feel that the place is about to close up for the night. As we gather up some of the mess we have left and clear the tables the missus notices a Polo shirt in the corner that I am pretty sure I recognize as belonging to Nugs. We stick this in our bag and are just about to leave as I take a quick check around to see if there are anymore things lying around someone might have forgotten.
The place seems clean, but as I get up to go, I notice out of the corner of my eye, something lying on the floor in the corner. It is a small black pack, which I quickly identify as OHMF’s kit containing his dab rig cleaning and other dabbing utensils. I my stoned state I amuse myself by contemplating if the fine fella is going for some kind of medal for forgetfulness or just enjoy the taunts he inevitably will receive from the rest of the gang for dropping yet another of his belongings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We say goodbye to Lems as we all leave Batavia, jump on our bikes and have a very dopey ride to the Piggy Uptown.

In the smoker’s lounge at the Piggy things are still busy and a sesh quickly develops with the English / Welsh couple, a few of the staff and some other guests. About half past two I come across OHMF’s kit among our belongings and decide to throw a few breadcrumbs in the forum chat for him to follow. :twisted: :twisted: At or around the same time the missus calls it a night and not much more than a half hour later I make the long and arduous climb up the many stairs and crash into oblivion.

What a day and what a night it was! The two invites to Het Ballonnetje and The Stud were awesome and the visits above all expectations, big thanks to both shops for showing us such great times! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Birthday Bash was among the very best smoker’s parties we have ever attended, what a great time it was with wonderful people. Massive thanks to macky for his generosity and for just being a great guy in general! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
macky

Post by macky »

Great read ,Thanks for the kind words amd thank Nug,s and Onehighmofo for helping with the Dabs :D
You and your lovely wife are smoking machines ,appreciate all the ACDer,s for there gifts and best wishes .
Special shout out to Elestic Band ,Lem and spider for the awe some gifts 8)
Next year try and rent up stairs private room :)
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 4th Jun 2017 07:41 am ...
The taste on this baby was one of the most powerful we have had in a classic Moroccan in quite a while. It is a full on assault of rosemary, pine and dark spices, with dark espresso roast coffee and dark chocolate filling in the gaps, a big fat mouthful of flavors and so powerful that large doses in a spliff will have you gasping for air. It was also quite potent and easily cut through the many other cannabinoids floating around or system from a full day and early evening of smoking. A deep, relaxing body stone with a nice floaty head high was what I remembered mostly from it that night.
that sounds lekker. the nepalese i've been working with (from ace/cannabiogen) also has a unique floaty head high.
what are the general trait/differences/stereotypes between asian, north african, kush region, etc. hashes?
(hash rookie here)
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 4th Jun 2017 07:41 am What a day and what a night it was! The two invites to Het Ballonnetje and The Stud were awesome and the visits above all expectations, big thanks to both shops for showing us such great times! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Birthday Bash was among the very best smoker’s parties we have ever attended, what a great time it was with wonderful people. Massive thanks to macky for his generosity and for just being a great guy in general! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CC
cheers to that. 8)
tak igen
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

Hey Great time with you folks.

Enjoyed the read, always a pleasure to read something so well written.

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Absolutely fantastic report CC! I'm really enjoying this :mrgreen:! I get so excited when I see you've posted a new instalment :lol:!

I'm surprised there was still some herb and hash left in Mokum after that session from what I've read lol! Seems like the ACD crew had the session of all sessions! Happy belated Birthday Macky!

I'm glad the Malana Cream was a nice smoke for you. I will recheck it on my next trip seeing as you and Macky both enjoyed it! I must've had a bad batch.

Thank you for taking the time to write this up :) really can't wait for the next part! Cheers CC 8)
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

That picture of your stash is hilarious dude :lol: There's so much detail in this report it's incredible. MORE MORE
Devore

Post by Devore »

I'd be on me arse if I'd been in the Batcave that day!! WOWzers!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thanks for the kind words guys, it is nice remembering the great times we had there! :)

@ES: I trust you had your question regarding the different kinds of hash answered elsewhere on the forum? Otherwise may I suggest the great thread LLMReb started asking the same questions... :mrgreen:

Wednesday April 19th – A slow day turns into a syrupy night…

I awake a bit before seven in the morning. The sun shining in through the half open drapes must have brought me back from my cannatonic state, but now it is the cacophony of snores, grunt and mumbles from the other occupants of the room that draws my attention. It is loud and constant, one clearly competing with the other in a game of “who can make the weirdest sounds”.

The smell is the next thing that hits me. It isn’t great. In fact it is quite rank. Someone has clearly been out drinking last night and it apparently was in a hot and smelly place, because these guys smell very ripe.

My body is clearly feeling the strain of the last few days this morning and having slept just a little more than three hours isn’t helping things, so I contemplate getting up to draw close the drapes and lightly punch each of the stinky noise machines in the mouth, before getting back to bed and attempting to get a few more hours in. It is at this point that one of the larger dudes decides to up the ante and goes from mumbling to speaking in his sleep. Rather loudly. In Spanish.

This turns the situation from annoying to rather funny and as I am still quite under the influence from last night I can’t help but let a small laugh slip my lips before I catch myself and try to keep quiet. I realize that I will not be able to go back to sleep right away as I will either be too annoyed by the noise and stench, or trying to keep in my giggles as the big dude carries on his fast asleep, yet quite animated, conversation with himself.

Predictably, I soon find myself in the smoker’s lounge, having grabbed some Chocomel on the way. I skin up some random hash joint and sit back, trying to gather myself.

I really wasn’t feeling at my best at this point. The clock had only just snuck a little past seven in the morning and besides feeling more like a cast member from a G. A. Romero flick than a living man, I am feeling quite nauseated and as if I am running a slight fever. I am slightly worried that whatever it was that the missus was struggling with in the lead up to our trip has got me and I am coming down with something that might put a dampener on our plans for the next days.

After having smoked a couple of joints and wished ChopperMike a safe journey on the forum, I decide that the funk I am feeling in is probably more due to the strain I have put my body through and maybe the few beers and Bailey’s I had at the bash were also partly to blame. I convince myself to battle the billion stairs and drag my hurting ass all the way back up to the room to attempt a bit more sleep, only to find half of the occupants already up and the drapes wide open in one side of the room. I am amazed the missus is still out, how she sleeps through this is beyond me, but she is tucked up with her comforter and pillow wrapped halfway around her head and snoring lightly.

Dismayed by the prospect of trying to go back to sleep while our less than elegant roommates rumble about, I head back downstairs and roll up another one.

A bit later in the day the missus finally appears, also quite busted from the wild days behind us. We grab a couple of coffees and hang in the smokers lounge a bit, giving the missus a chance for an easy W&B to gather herself a bit. After a couple of nice hash joints, we are feeling a little hunger and realize that we’ve just missed breakfast. The gang seems to be gathering in the cave for a little munching of their own, so we message them to say that we will join them in an hour’s time before settling back into the lounge for another smoke.

As we smoke together and try to sort out a few plans, I am very rudely disturbed by “the real world” back home. Unable to dodge this intrusion, I am forced to deal with some BS that, on top of the funk I am feeling in, puts me in a bit of a strange place for most of the day. I probably wasn’t at my most inviting self during some of the meetups that day, my apologies if I seemed unsociable to some…

Delayed by this unforeseen annoyance we make plans to pass the market at Waterlooplein, look for some grub and hopefully make it to Spidergawd and Miss Muffet’s going away T&T at 137. Time doesn’t, however, seem to be our friend this day and we miss the T&T at 137 while stumbling around the market not really knowing if we are looking for something to eat or other purchases.

As we are both getting quite hangry we opt for a couple of cones of fries from one of the vendors and sit around eating this and discussing our next move. We don’t get very far with the plans and wander around the market a bit more, buying a few things.

We grab a coffee at some random chain coffeehouse thing, before realizing that we are right next to Bluebird and head here to sit down and clear our heads a bit with a few joints (yeah right…). During this time we are in contact with nugs who explains that the Mr. K meetup probably wasn’t gonna happen as most of the gang was at 137 and didn’t seem to be in a hurry to go anywhere. We hang back at Bluebird a bit and finally make our move as the three o’clock Paradox meetup approaches. IIRC we made a b&f somewhere en route, pretty sure it was Tweede for some Laila and tbliza. BTW we got a Nepalese hash at Bluebird (either called Nepal cream or pollen) which was quite nice. IIRC it was sweet with spicy and woody notes, not as tasty as some of the other great Asian hashes we had on the trip, but with a nice mellow body stone and a relaxing high.

As we cycle towards Paradox, we get news that the feits crew plus a few stragglers have camped out on the sunny terrace at Sound Garden, but decide to go by Paradox to see if anyone have gone there for the meetup. At Paradox we find the place almost full and hang around outside for a brief while before Macky and Lemming joins us (from the inside, maybe?). We are also joined by Nathan420stoner and IIRC KMC also joined us here, before we all head towards Sound Garden.

At Sound Garden we meet the always energetic Papi at the bar, buy some beverages and join the crew on the terrace.

The dab rigs are on the table, the sun is shining and the company is good, so we quickly get into it with a few dabs of that magic 24K Gold shatter and some fat joints from some of the canal side wares. We also get a chance to meet Choppermike who has recently joined the company and share a little convo with this fine gent.

KMC is seated next to me and seems to do a lot better this day, he was wrecked when we last saw him, but now he seems to have found his feet and smokes away happily in between getting up to snap away with his very nice looking camera kit.

At some point KMC comments that he hasn’t been very impressed by the offerings of 1e hulp and I remember that we have some of their cheese bubblehash.

Now, when we got this is a bit of a mystery. Gathering from the “archives” (live thread / chat) we got it sometime before Monday in the afternoon, but have no clue when we stopped by 1e and can’t fit it into any of the timeslots during that or the previous day…

Whenever it was we got it, it was a very nice and pretty potent example of the bubblehashes from 1e, which we usually find to be good value. Taste-wise it was interesting with a pleasant mix of classic hash flavors and some funky, sweet notes. Powerful smoke, but creamy on the tongue if that makes sense.

We had a great time relaxing in the sun on the lovely terrace, chatting to a lot of the fine folk gathered there, it was quite a turn out and in what was becoming classic ACD style it was practically a takeover.

After what I think was an hour’s time matty led a contingent of hungry cats on a mission for de Klos and after another small hour the feits crew set off for munching at Food Hallen.

As usual, we went straight for the bitterballen from Ballen Bar, along with a couple of craft beers from the bar. One of these was a “White Mamba” which was witbier with an interesting kick to it, it went very well with the bitterballen and the tacos the missus got afterwards.

I also had a “Bacon and Chips” hotdog from Bulls and Dogs. There was nothing wrong with the ingredients, and the preparation matched the quality of the products, but it wasn’t as good as it could have been. First off, it was an absolute impossible task to eat, as half the toppings would jump straight into to the air if you just looked at the dog with intent to pick it up and the almost pretzel-like bun was very crispy to bite in to. The match of toppings and sausage was also a bit strange, but that might be better with one of their other options.

After the Food Hallen we made for Rookies for the meetup arranged there at six. Flying along the streets with the gang and watching Ricky’s mad style, I am reminded of a very funny experience we had on one of the previous days.

We were biking along a two-way bike path, I think somewhere near Singel / Koningsplein when we came upon a Mercedes driving along very slowly in the right hand lane. This was quite a long way down the bike path where he clearly didn’t belong, and judging by the way he was driving he knew there was something wrong. Maybe the many locals that passed him on bikes and either just looked at him with scorn or shouted at him, sometimes giving the car a small slap, gave him a clue he was somewhere he didn’t belong. He had no clue how to fix the situation, though, and as we gingerly tried to pass him without tipping over on our bikes laughing or crashing into the people coming the other way, he rolled down the window, looking very confused and asking for help.

We pulled over and as the missus held my bike, I went over to see what he wanted to ask. He clearly wasn’t dutch, but I couldn’t place his accent as he asked if he could “get out this way”? I looked ahead to see nothing but bike paths and tram tracks and a curb separating him from any hope of escape to the one-way street up ahead (that by the way was one way coming towards us IIRC). I reply that I don’t think he can go ahead without messing up his car and probably also getting some nasty fines if the popo should happen to catch his little creative driving.

He gives me a strange look and almost demandingly asks me something like “well, then what am I suppose to do”? I look up and down the path, shrug my shoulders and tell him “your only choice, really, is to back up the way you came, and there are people coming along the path so that is quite dangerous and could get you into trouble. Basically I think you are screwed man, I don’t know how to help you…”

He gave me another look, this one a lot less confident and demanding, almost as if he is a bit sick, and just stutters “eeeeeerr, erhm, ok, erhm, thanks…”

As I walk back to the missus I am dying laughing and I can barely keep still as I snap the picture below of this dude and his poor girlfriend just sitting there. I don’t know how they got out, they might still be sitting there for all I know…

(TBC)

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
danny211204

Post by danny211204 »

@cc your memory was nearly perfect, but myself smirks and db met matty outside de klos that day as he had things to do that day. hope you both make it over for our october trip?? :twisted: :twisted:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Nope, wasn't me at Paradox. I met Danny, Smirks and Db at Mr K and went from there to Sound Garden where we stayed for the afternoon. See page 3 of my travelogue.

Great read, by the way. Thanks for posting.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Another great instalment guys! :)

Yeah, i found my feet... Until the dab; and then i had to go walkabout again! :mrgreen: 8)

In regards to 1e, it's not that i dislike their gear when it's on form, which it usually is, but that anytime i've ever asked for a recommendation from the bald BT, he invariably hauls out the Zero-Zero or some other low priced hash which, imho, is always lacking in effect... Don't get me wrong, i've had some really tasty hash from here when i've followed my nose, but him consistently forcing that stuff even when i've pointed out that it was poor makes me question his honesty, and by extension, the decency of the shop itself... I've even asked other staff for their best hash, and they've pointed out some interesting menu item, only for baldy to come walking over and instruct them to recommend the damn Zero-Zero again... One of them even responded with a "What? ...Really?" to him, so i'm guessing they were as confused as me...

...Could always be that he just doesn't like my face, or there's some bald guy Vs Bald guy animosity... But that could just be my rampant paranoia!

Anyway... Keep 'em coming CC!!! ...Hope you manage to get to 4:20 before you start your next TR, you lucky peeps! :wink: