First Trip Together - September 2016 - Completed

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
avfc-herbalist

First Trip Together - September 2016 - Completed

Post by avfc-herbalist »

After reading all of your travelogues over the years I thought I would contribute back to the forum and give it a go lol. This won't be the best trip report for details of weed and hash because we wrote no notes other than our smoke list nor can we describe the taste of the buds and hashes we smoked like all you lovely people can :lol: but we did take photos and also wrote down where everything was purchased and for how much. So hopefully you'll all still enjoy this :mrgreen:! Sorry that it won't have the latest strains or anything like that, very late at putting this together lol.

This was my 7th pilgrimage to the holy land and my girlfriends 5th pilgrimage but our 1st trip together :D! She had never been to most of the coffeeshops I always go to because she had always stayed by the Melkweg so the coffeeshops she always goes to I had never been in so we decided to take each other to our own designated coffeeshops over the course of the couple of days we had.

Day 1
Landed in Amsterdam at roughly 10:00am after an uneventful flight :) ran straight off the plane to try and make it through as quickly as possible, dodging the people who apparently have no where to be that walk at snails pace but also running (fast walk lol) past the people who are walking to their terminal to get back on a plane to go home. The looks on these peoples faces are just full of sadness. Understandably!

Get through customs no problem and straight down to the platform waiting for the last magical part of the journey to begin. Luckily it didn't take long and I think maybe 4 minutes later we were en route to Amsterdam Centraal! Don't you just love Dutch transport, not once have I ever had a late train or had to wait longer than 20 minutes or so for a train. Arrive at Centraal and quickly scramble towards the exit, as soon as we're outside my pace quickens immediately and I'm soon leaving the lady behind. I've got Voyagers on my mind but I reluctantly stop and pace on the spot as she catches me up. So close to that first smoke of the trip!

Voyagers!! Always my first stop if I don't arrive early. This is the first time the lady has ever been in Voyagers, I can't wait for her to read the menu so I let her read it first and choose her first purchase of our trip, as she's asking I'm eyeing up the other menu on the counter scouting what to go for. Then I see it, a strain I haven't had since December 2014 (I think it was that trip lol) Notorious OG. 1g of that for me and the lady goes for 1g of Crocketts Dawg. Notorious OG was €13.50 p/g and the Crocketts Dawg was €15 p/g. Weed purchased I look into the smoke box, no room. First time I've ever been to Amsterdam and not got a seat straight away with my first purchase, I've been lucky I guess?

Slightly confused with our predicament we head back outside and pull the ACD Coffeeshop map out my bag that I printed at home before hand and have a butchers. I wanted to go Green Place on this trip to purchase some of their Cheesecake Hash. First time in Green Place for the both of us and were happy to find it empty. We walked on in and were not greeted by the budtenders lol, I was expecting this though as I've read a fair wack of the Green Place review page over the years lol. Purchased 2 grams of the Cheesecake Hash and 2 strawberry loozas. I think the loozas were €2.50 possibly €3 each but who cares we're on holiday :)! The Cheesecake was €14 p/g. Grabbed the window seat booth thing and tucked in to the Cheesecake, first time I've smoked hash as my first smoke in Amsterdam and I think I'll probably do it again. It smoked lovely but very very sticky on the fingers and the rizzla paper, was a tricky bastard to roll lol. Zoned me out a little bit because I just stared watching the Italian football that was on the TV, I think AC Milan. Love me some football, especially continental football as the Champions League isn't on free TV anymore. Zoot smoked and loozas drank we say our thank-yous and goodbyes but are ignored, made me giggle.

Back out into the Amsterdam air and the weather is really nice, the sun is shining! We decide to head over to the hotel to drop our bags off. We do a right and then another right and maybe even another right? We end up walking past Jolly Joker and we're back outside Green Place again. What the fuck is going on. I'm sure we've done a loop, too many rights. We're both laughing now, rolling our hand luggage suitcases behind us. I'm looking at the map trying to get out of this maze. I'm now wondering whether my other 6 trips in the past were just dreams lol. I look up and the first thing I see is a lady in a window, I don't know what to do or where to look so I just start laughing again. My lady looks at me to see what I'm laughing at, obviously realising what my awkward laughing was all about and then starts laughing at me! I can't believe how much we've laughed and we've smoked 1 joint. A hash joint.

We walk through Warmoesstraat

What was left of Stones

Babas - If you didn't know it was there before you definitely wouldn't know now

The notice on 420 cafe's door (de Kuil)

Finally the hotel is on the horizon. Quentin Arrive on Haarlemmerstraat, I've always stayed in this hotel, you can smoke in the rooms with the windows open and theres coffeeshops on it's doorstep! Things get strange for me now as I walked up to the hotel I notice the reception area is now a restaurant with a fair few locals in it. I stand outside looking in, my lady is convinced I've fucked up, Green place loop all over again she's thinking. Fuck this, I'm right, I know I'm right I go to walk in fully bearing in mind I'm going to have to maneuver my suitcase through chairs and tables whilst people are dining. As I take my first few steps inside I hear her say babe! I turn around and she's pointing down a side road inbetween Popeye coffeeshop and the restaurant I'm standing in. I slowly move back out and see a reception sign on a wall down the road a little bit, we walk in and the new reception desk is just at the bottom of the staircase that leads up to the rooms and when I say at the bottom of the stairs it's like 2 foot away from the bottom step. All we wanted to do was drop our bags off but the man on reception let us check in early as our room was ready, bonus!

Up we went and the room was on the good side so we had the big double windows that you can look out onto the Haarlemmerstraat inbetween Dampkring 2 and Greenhouse. Good view into Dampkring!

Dampkring 2

Time to try the weed :) I roll a Notorious OG spliff and a Crocketts Dawg spliff and reach for the TV remote. Another reason why I like this hotel is there's comedy central on the tele, in English. Family guy and South Park are on throughout the day! But there's no remote anywhere, I make my way back to reception to get a remote and the bloke gives me 3 "try all of them". The last one I try works, always the way isn't it? I spark the Notorious and the lady sparks the Crocketts Dawg. Dread runs through me now, no comedy central. The only English speaking channels are BBC World news or CNN. I get a glimpse of hope when I see How I Met Your Mother only for it to be dubbed over in Dutch. Shit son. Oh well these joints are absolutely gorgeous! So much flavour! At this point we're both in smoking mode and out comes the Cheesecake again but I'd say at least half of it is stuck to the baggy now. I scrape as much as I can off the baggy only for it to get stuck all over my fingers and thumb. I put as much as I can into a joint and top it up with some Crocketts Dawg. This baggy stays with me until the second night because I some how think keeping it my pocket will make it get less sticky lol. Unfortunately I realise this isn't going to be the case. It smokes wonderfully and it tastes really nice, our mouths start to water because we rarely get flavours like this in England. Amsterdam baby!
The Cheesecake really was such a nice hash, I would've bought a lot more if I had a fridge. Munchies takes hold now so it's time to leave to go to Barney's for a full English breakfast and another smoke of course.

Notorious OG

Crocketts Dawg

Sticky icky Cheesecake

Sticky finger and thumb

Couple of minutes later and we're walking into Barney's Uptown. I like the chilled bar vibe it has, it's quite a swanky place for me lol. Two full English breakfasts are ordered alongside two lattes.

Barneys Uptown

We're just about to roll up a spliff when we realise we only have a smoke left! just one! Luckily Barney's is over the road so I quickly pop out before the food arrives leaving my lady to skin up the last Notorious OG. For some reason we didn't go back to Voyagers on this trip, really not sure why!
Walk into Barney's Coffeeshop and glance at the menu, Tangerine Dream and Vanilla Kush catch my eye so I inquire with the budtender but he tells me the Vanilla Kush is out but not to worry because it'll be restocked in half an hour :) he then opens the tub of Tangerine Dream and the smell hit my nose straight away, super sweet! Dense nuggs with orange hairs! A gram of that please mate. Quickly pay up and it's 16euros p/g. I walk back over to join my lady and she passes me the Notorious OG joint, I like this weed a lot. I can't really describe the flavour other than different, it just tastes different but a good sort of different lol. The food doesn't take long to arrive and we're both greeted by the cocktail sausages that I always forget about. What's wrong with a normal size sausage? Food ate and lattes drunk we pay up and leave, the food was nice but it would cost no more than £5 at home. Oh well we're on holiday! (that sentence gets repeated a fair few times this trip haha).

Walking out of Uptown I look at Barney's again and remember the Vanilla Kush. I'd say it's been at least 45 minutes now. Walk in and the budtender recognises me and reaches for the Vanilla Kush, just as good as I remembered it to be. The flavour of it really is top notch for me and I buy it every trip. Ask for 2g at €15 p/g whilst still looking at the menu, the hash section. This is the point where I became a little less fond for Barney's Coffeeshop, I thought to myself fair play he's remembered me and knows I'm back for the Kush so I thought I'd ask his recommendation for a nice hash, well he points to a hash that I can't recall the name of but it was like €26 p/g. I'm sure it was that expensive, didn't write it down because it didn't get purchased lol. Bought Melana Cream instead at still a high price of €18 p/g. I'll admit it, I got done. Worst smoke of the trip.
I can't get hash in England, so I'm really a novice when it comes to it. My first hash in Amsterdam was from Greenhouse Lounge and it was Super Lemon Haze Cream and that's the next stop on this trip folks.

Greenhouse Lounge, the lady has never been in and has never witnessed the fish tank in the floor. I tell her to go have a look as I wait in line at the counter. Super Lemon Haze Cream is still on the menu so when it's my turn I ask to have a look, it's a lot different this trip. It used to be a dark brown colour that used to be very pliable that you could roll into snakes. Well this time it was a much blonder piece of hash that crumbled. Still had that lovely citrus smell though so a gram was purchased at €18 p/g. My lady comes back over just as I'm paying and we leave. It was very busy in there, didn't want to look for seats.

Walk back up Haarlemerstaat and into Dampkring 2. I really like this coffeeshop, it will always hold a place in my heart no matter what. It was my first ever coffeeshop, need I say more? (the first ever time I went in I didn't notice the menu at all, just saw the little buds that are sunk into the counter and chose one of them lol. It was only the next time in there I noticed the menu with like 12 more strains on hahaha).
My turn at the counter and I notice a lot more hashes on the menu that are not Riffman. Interesting! Ask to see the 24K Kush hash and the Pineapple Kush hash. They're both super fruity in smell so I buy a gram of each, the 24K Kush hash was €10 p/g and the Pineapple Kush hash was €14 p/g. Head upstairs to the top floor to see if the window table is available but it's not. I do love looking out of that open window down onto the Halemmerstraat and people watching. We sit down on the long cushioned seat with a table each in front of us. I like these single tables. A lot of room just for me! We proceed to skin up a Tangerine Dream with a healthy layer of the 24K Kush hash on top. It doesn't take long for the waitress to come over and take our orders. We both have the hot chocolates because I want my lady to see the chocolate on a stick hot chocolate even though it's not all that lol. The joint is superb, very flavoursome. It's a nice sweet taste. We stirred our chocolate sticks and drank them whilst we finish off our zoot. We decide to leave and head for Albert Heijn for hotel munchies!

Tangerine Dream

Pineapple Kush Hash

We get a basket, I love these baskets! They have wheels and a long handle! I tell the lady that I'd happily do the shopping at home if it was as fun as shopping in Amsterdam. No wheel baskets in Tescos lol. We stock up on the usual bits and pieces, crisps, chocolate and chocomel. Fortunately for us one of the staff comes up to us with two cartons of chocomel and says this is want you need, you have the 50% less fat cartons, take these. What a bloke! Dutch people are so nice!

Munchies

Back to the hotel now to chill and smoke more of the stash. My lady decides to have a nap so I get out the baggies and proceed to skin a couple of spliffs. Vanilla Kush and the Pineapple Kush hash are next up to try. This was a really nice spliff and the Pineapple Kush shone through quite nicely. There was a lot more of a fruity flavour to the smoke than I was expecting. Very nice smokes. I decide now to chose between BBC World news or CNN. Decisions decisions ay people? BBC gets chosen because I'm British. If I was from the US it probably would've been CNN lol. I decide to wake my lady up from her nap and tell her I'm getting in the shower to freshen up. She does the same lol. Both freshened up we decide to head back out because I want to take the lady to Prix Di'Ami to show her the 3D film room with the sofa bed things.

As we're walking we walk past Dampkring 2 and up past Picasso coffeeshop. Looking to my right I see the defunct Rokerij just sat there still. I have never been to Amsterdam when this chain was actually open but every time I have come to Amsterdam the building just sits there. How can that be? I mean with Babas already being done up as well as Stones, why are people just letting the Rokerij sit there derelict. Confuses me!
Anyway we walk past the Wonder Bar and Lost in Amsterdam all in pursuit of that neon pink coffeeshop.

Prix Di'Ami! Now I know this coffeeshop isn't a favourite on this forum but I actually really like the chilled vibe it is. The doorman isn't as bad as what people think. On a previous trip I had some banter with him as I didn't want to leave my luggage with him so he proceeded to say Aston Villa why you so chicken? You not think I look after your stuff? Don't be chicken Aston Villa! Hahaha. I always find the hazes to be a nice smoke from here whether it's the AMG Haze or the S5 Haze. I don't purchase anything though as our pockets are still bulging from the weed and hash purchased else where. It's not a rule to buy weed in this coffeeshop as long as you buy a drink. The waitresses are always on you though when your drink is finished but I don't mind that because we're on holiday! Lol. We make our way to the third floor but no beds are free so we sit on one of the sofas and wait for a sofa bed to free up. The waitress comes over and the lady and I are quite hungry. I have the cheese burger and the lady has a bowl of cheesy nachos! We both order two grape Fernández and start skinning up. I've never tried grape soda before but I must say it really is tasty! Food comes and gets demolished and two more grape sodas are ordered. More smoking commences. I really love this city. Just as we're about to give up on a sofa bed Top Gun comes on and all of a sudden three sofa beds become available. These 18 year olds can't appreciate a good 80s film can they hahaha. My lady has never seen Top Gun so I start singing take my breathe away very quietly in her ear lol. I can't remember what other films were shown that night even though we stayed there till closing! As we're walking back to the hotel we walk into the snack bar 24 next door to Dampkring 2 for shawarma and chips. There's an American couple in there ordering just a shawarma wrap but it comes to him on a plate and he asks for it to be takeaway, the server man isn't happy. I then notice that he's dishing mine up on a plate too so I say sorry mate I'm meant takeaway as well. He slams the plate down and shouts all you fucking tourists, you all like to fuck with my head! Me and the American man looked at each other and started to laugh like we were school boys getting told off by a teacher lol. Garlic mayo and chilli sauce all over it and back up to the hotel room for a night cap of the remaining Vanilla Kush!! What a first day!! Tomorrow will include, Coffeeshop Crush, Coffeeshop Dolphins and Coffeeshop Get Down To It.
To be continued......
Last edited by avfc-herbalist on Sun 18th Jun 2017 06:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Devore

Re: First Trip Together - September 2016

Post by Devore »

Fantastic report mate. Love it!!
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

That report is great! I must check out that window seat at Dampkring on Harlemmerstraat. Also this report is the first i ever hear about couch beds and movies at Prix D'Ami (never been there, but now feel i should pop in).

The walk around after Green Place had me cracking up. Classic stoner experience. That experience (isually after my first good smoke) is something i embrace each visit. If i dont get turned around at least one time, i feel i did not get my money's worth on the visit.

And the "hotel lobby", hahahaaa! So funny. I notice people do something similar and I always catch myself wanting to ask what they smoked and where they purchased it.

Again, fun read!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Bravo, another great TR, they just keep coming these days!!! :D

It is great getting more toker couples onboard also, and one that seems to be going quite strong! :)

What a nice guys at the AH stopping you from getting the “skinny” Chocomels, you definitely wouldn’t want those compared to the real deal!
Looking forward to the rest…

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Devore wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 01:59 pm Fantastic report mate. Love it!!
Thanks mate. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Was a little worried as I've wrote nothing since school lol.
LLMReb wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 02:36 pm That report is great! I must check out that window seat at Dampkring on Harlemmerstraat. Also this report is the first i ever hear about couch beds and movies at Prix D'Ami (never been there, but now feel i should pop in).

The walk around after Green Place had me cracking up. Classic stoner experience. That experience (isually after my first good smoke) is something i embrace each visit. If i dont get turned around at least one time, i feel i did not get my money's worth on the visit.

And the "hotel lobby", hahahaaa! So funny. I notice people do something similar and I always catch myself wanting to ask what they smoked and where they purchased it.

Again, fun read!
Thank you so much! The window seat at Dampkring 2 is such a nice spot especially on a sunny day. There's railings up so you can fully lean out and watch below without falling lol. Good table service also.
Prix Di'Ami is a nice place to relax in, all three floors have different vibes. In one of the rooms there's a couple of amazing old school table top arcade games machine but with new digital games. The top floor has pool tables and the other side of the floor in a separate room is the film room with sofa beds fitted all around the outside with sofas in the middle. On a shelf inbetween the sofas are a tub full of 3D glasses!

Hahaha that's honestly brilliant, I've never thought of that moment like that before until you said. We really did get our money's worth!

I really do wonder how many people have walked into that restaurant thinking it was still the hotel! We didn't get an email to state the change or anything lol. We definitely would've been that stoned red-eyed couple people would be giggling at. You might've been shocked to find out it was only one smokes worth of Cheesecake lol.
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 03:38 pm Bravo, another great TR, they just keep coming these days!!! :D

It is great getting more toker couples onboard also, and one that seems to be going quite strong! :)

What a nice guys at the AH stopping you from getting the “skinny” Chocomels, you definitely wouldn’t want those compared to the real deal!
Looking forward to the rest…

CC
Thank you for your kind words! I was inspired to write it up because of all of the recent trip reports on here. Thank you and thanks to everyone else for the inspiration.

Going super strong indeed, thank you for noticing. Means a lot. She would be on here as lufc-herbalette as we have differences in football teams but I refuse to allow that or accept it haha. We're booked back up for a winter break this year!

We were very grateful to the AH worker who sorted us out. He obviously knew why we were there lol.

I'm hoping to get started on day two this evening to post tomorrow evening, hopefully.
avfc-herbalist

Re: First Trip Together - September 2016 - Completed

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Day 2
We wake up around 9:45am, that's quite late for me but not so late for my lady lol. I reach over to the bedside table and grab rizzla, roach and the hashish. Decide to start the day with a mix of both the 24K Kush hash and the Pineapple Kush hash. What a lovely fruity smoke for a wake and bake, it's at this point we lay in bed and ponder whether we should move here haha. I'm sure everyone ponders the same thing on their trips lol. The itinerary for today is to check out my lady's choice of coffeeshops she had frequented on her last trips. Not before a breakfast and smoke at La Grotte though. It is a lovely day again!

View from the hotel when you're not looking down

Showered and ready to go we head for La Grotte which is literally thirty seconds away from our hotel. We both order a cheese and ham toastie with a couple of lattes and ask for an ashtray. Love the joints allowed signs that are placed on the tables here. Super Lemon Haze Cream gets rolled up and we begin to smoke. Coffees come first followed by the toasties but the barman also brings over a couple more biscuits for our lattes. Nice touch we both thought. The toasties were very tasty, gooey cheese and a nice layer of ham. We pay up and put €2 in the tip jar.

Joints allowed

We walk back towards the hotel and cut through the street where the new entrance is and onto, my favourite spot in Amsterdam for a walk.

Canal walking

We're walking to Grey Area to pick up some high grade for my own piece of mind just in case the lady's coffeeshops don't come up trumps for me lol. Before we get near Grey Area we look at all the scenery and into the canals at all the boats parked up and notice a dog sat in one. This takes us by surprise at first and then we can't help ourselves and take a couple of photos.

Captain Dog

After a couple of minutes watching the dog we both start to get worried not knowing how the dog got in there. Our worries then subside when we see a man climbing under the railing with a smoothie in his hand. He gets back onto the boat and proceeds to untie it. It's probably one of the most random things I've ever seen but also one of the most coolest things I've seen. Only in Amsterdam!

Get to Grey Area and it's actually empty, it was probably about 12:30pm. Was a lovely surprise it being empty, it can get very cramped in there lol. As I'm looking at the menu my lady purchases two cans of coke and sits down at one of the tables. I look over the menu, always looking to the top right first on the Grey Area menu just incase Evergrey is back, unfortunately it isn't. But I notice a strain called Zkittlesz and another strain called Banana Strawberry. They both sound very interesting so I ask to look at both. The Zkittlesz smelt very sour but fruity at the same time. The Strawberry Banana smelt of musky fruit. 2g of Zkittlesz and a g of Strawberry Banana please my friend! The Zkittlesz was €16 p/g and the Strawberry Banana was €15 p/g. Sat down with my lady and rolled up a joint of Zkittlesz. Superb flavour. Tastiest smoke of the trip without question, probably one of the tastiest buds I've ever smoked in Dam. Grey Area always comes top for me with flavours. Evergrey was a firm favourite of mine, along with Training Day (Trainwreck x L.A Confidential), only got the latter on one trip in May 2014 and haven't seen it since. It's that quiet in here I can keep the menu on the table and take a photo. Spliff finished and cokes drank we say our thank-yous and head back out into the sunshine.

Wall of Rizla

Grey Area menu

Next on the agenda is a nice pleasant stroll to Dam Square to get a lift to 1e Hulp from one of the lovely people who ride the Tuk Tuk bikes. I always get a Tuk Tuk from Dam Square to 1e Hulp on every trip. There's just something about it that I love so much. Once we find one available there's a little bartering to be done because they always want €20 but after an offer of €15 he accepts and we're on our way to Marnixstraat! Quick ask of whether we can smoke in the back has made the bloke pull over? He then informs us he's pulled over to allow us to skin up rather than us struggle skinning up on the way. Top man! 10 minutes later maybe and we're pulling up outside 1e Hulp. I give him €5 to make it back to his original price of €20 because why not? We're on holiday lol. I also thought him pulling over for us was a really nice thing to do!

Eerste Hulp is pretty quiet on this sunny afternoon, just a couple of groups in different parts of the shop. No Larby today just a nice friendly lady tending the buds and drinks.
When it's quiet I really enjoy the relaxed vibe 1e Hulp has to offer, a nice quiet place to sit with a coffee and a spliff. The menu is looking pretty good but I've got to be good, we've still gotta hit up the lady's choice of coffeeshops today. So a gram of Mango Kush and a gram of Skywalker OG hash are all that gets purchased along with two lattes. The Mango Kush was €14 p/g and the Skywalker OG hash was also €14 p/g. We walked up the stairs and sat on the cushioned seat that's right in front of you. We both enjoy sitting here because you can look back down into the shop and see people making there purchases. Mango Kush and Skywalker OG spliff rolled we take a few tokes each and both say to each other that it's a nice tasty joint, not too strong but just nice. Times getting on now so we finish off our drinks and smoke, pack our things away and head out saying thank you as we go.

I'm unsure on the proceedings now, I think we go to Paradox Coffeeshop next before heading to Coffeeshop Crush. In Paradox we both walk up to the counter and as we do my lady noticed the budtender making a hot chocolate with whipped cream and instantly wanted one, as did I lol. I've never bought any bud from Paradox before just their cakes and Alaska Ice hash. Two hot chocolates with whipped cream and some Alaska Ice hash please mate oh and two space cakes as well please. I think the Ice hash was €12 for .9 and the space cakes were €6.50 each. I really like the vibe in this coffeeshop it feels like such a local shop. Reminds me of a sort of tea room in England just like a cafe. You can always count on hearing people talk different languages in there. Ice hash is being rolled up and the hot chocolates arrive just as the lady sparks the joint! I'm sorry to say I have no recollection of the Ice hash. I definitely don't remember thinking it was bad so it must've been alright lol. The hot chocolates got drunk before we finished the spliff so we ordered another two and we decided to enjoy our space cakes with the fresh hot drinks. I do enjoy the space cake from Paradox, I just can't really say they hit me in any sort of way, I just enjoy them as a munchie snack lol.

Paradox menu

Alaska Ice Hash

Inside of Paradox

Hot chocolates and space cakes

We're going on our Coffeeshop walk now. we'll be walking to Coffeeshop Crush, Coffeeshop Dolphins and Coffeeshop Get Down To It. These are all the coffeeshops that the lady has frequented on her trips but shops I've never been into. We walk past Crush on the opposite side of the road and I stop and take a look at the exterior, I'm not convinced. It looked shoddy and I remembered that I haven't seen any recent reviews for the Coffeeshop on the forum in a while! I look to the lady and politely decline the offer, her response was we're definitely going in the others, one hundred percent we are. Lol. The walk continues and my lady tells me that we're walking past the Melkweg. Quite a cool looking building isn't it. We get to Get Down To It and notice theres way more signs saying Internet Cafe Coffeeshop so I'm really not sure what it's actual name is. We walked up to the entrance and you have to walk down a flight of stairs to get into the shop. We both walked down the stairs and were greeted by a friendly budtender, the menu had a good selection of strains but the lady's choice of weed from here has always been Super Lemon Haze so I let her carry on and purchase as I walk up to the empty part of the budcounter and take a photo of the menu. I really wanted a menu photo from here because before leaving for Amsterdam I noticed that there were only a couple of menu pics on FBN's website that dated back to 2009. A fresh menu picture was definitely in order! There also wasn't a thread for this coffeeshop in the review part of the forum so I started one when I got home. Here's what I wrote:
avfc-herbalist wrote: Fri 23rd Sep 2016 11:24 am ACD Page: Get Down To It

Me and the misses got the super lemon haze, nice light green buds, good citrus smell that transfers nicely to the taste! The coffeeshop itself is very big, bigger than what I was expecting, large bar and budcounter with an even bigger smoke room that you have to get buzzed into. It's got 2 pool tables and a lot seating.
Get Down To It menu

A little part of the interior

We leave Get Down To It and I would have to say I would go back on my next trip. Well we are going back to it on our next trip, the lady has informed me that we'll also be going into Coffeeshop Crush too lol. Next on this coffeeshop crawl is Dolphins. I've read a few things about Dolphins on the forum so I didn't really have a yay or nay opinion before entering and that opinion soon changed as we entered. Middle aged lady budtending and a younger lady working the drinks. This is where the Coffeeshop really let itself down. I ask my lady to purchase a couple of loozas as I scan the menu. At this point the middle aged lady starts shouting at me.... you're here to smoke your weed only? You can't come here and smoke your own. You think you can just buy drinks? I said no I'm going to purchase weed if you'd let me finish reading your menu. She replied by saying we only have one weed left it's Haze but here Haze is an Indica. I was thinking what the fuck? Haze is an Indica? Please can some one enlighten me on that one? Never heard of that before. One positive though is the baggy that the bud came in was a really nice paper bag with a cool sticker lol.
After that ordeal was dealt with we embark down the stairs into the smoking room only to be greeted to no seats. Never fear though because the younger lady from behind the bar has followed us down and forces us to sit at a small table with another couple who have to move tighter together to make room for us. They were not happy and neither was I to be honest. Anyway we start to skin up the Indica Haze and I must say it is a crap smoke. Definitely on par with the Malana Cream from Barney's for being the worst smoke of the trip. Very very dry and crispy that smelt very peppery but when smoked in a joint the smell reminded me of a bbq and the taste was as bad as the smell. I only purchased it because I didn't want to let my lady down again lol. The Dolphin Indica Haze was €14 p/g. €10 too much in my opion. It got really comical now tho because a group of about seven people walk down the stairs into the smoking room of course followed by the younger lady. They looked confused because they've just been allowed to buy drinks and obviously weed lol but have no where to sit. This is where the younger lady comes back into it, out of nowhere she has stools and starts splitting this group of seven up. They all individually had to join a different table. How fun for that group of friends! I looked at my lady and left the zoot half finished in the ashtray and walked out. I will honestly never go back to Dolphins in my life. Really nice interior and that's the only compliment I can say about it.

Back to the hotel now to freshen up and just chill for a bit. Attack the munch that's still left from our AH shop and smoke some more.

Stash

Spliffy and stash

We both end up falling asleep for a couple of hours in what was such a lovely cannabis infused nap. We wake and both have a shower and decide that we're hungry. We fancy a restaurant that's not a steak house so we both decide on Italian. I'm sorry to say that I can't recall the name of the restaurant but it's located on the same street that Lost In Amsterdam is on. I have the ham and mushroom tagliatelle and my lady has a carbonara. Both meals were delicious and we both highly recommend this place if you can find it. Sorry again about the name loss. We're both craving that after dinner smoke now and seeing as we're so close Lost In Amsterdam deems a good shout.

Lost In Amsterdam is quite busy and the front window table where you can practically lay down and watch the world go by is taken so no sitting there. The Moroccan lounge at the back of the downstairs where you could literally lay down has gone now. Gutted. Enjoyed good times down there. We go upstairs and take a sit and order two milkshakes, they always ask whether you want an alcoholic shot in it, we both decline. It's very hot in here, I mean hardly bearable. They had fans plugged in all over the place but unfortunately all they were doing was pushing hot air around the room. We both had a conversation about whether the heating was stuck on maximum heat and the button to turn it down had been pulled off, it really was that hot. Milkshakes are really good in here, my favourite place to come for a milkshake in Amsterdam. After we had a smoke and our milkshakes got drunk we left to try and catch a late night film at Prix d'Ami.

Prix d'Ami was full up and the sofas that are placed in the middle of the room aren't free either. We decide to leave and go to Blues Brothers but that's not a Coffeeshop anymore. Anyone know why? I can't seem to remember it being on the school closures list. I'm probably wrong with that though lol.

We stop in at the Wonder Bar just down from Lost In Amsterdam and order two lattes. Top tip in here is to only buy cold drinks because during our time here we realised every hot beverage we would buy would come to us as a warm beverage making you have to drink it quickly lol. We both had a chuckle because that is quite a clever deceiving way for the customer to consume more. We spent a hour or two in here smoking through the stash and drinking cokes lol. They had a Premier League highlights show on the tele so I was happy to chill there a while even though my team isn't in the Premier League anymore. Sob. We'll be back.

As we're leaving I check the stash and realise we're low on weed so we decide to go to Dampkring 2 on the way back to the hotel. I'd say it was probably midnight and Dampkring 2 was empty apart from the budtender chatting to a couple of his mates that were stood at the bottom the stairs. The lady tells me to get a nice bedtime smoke just before she climbs the stairs to claim that elusive window seat. I look at the menu and see Algeria Kush. A kush seems to fit the bill for a nice relaxing stone for bedtime. I ask to have a look at the Algeria Kush pronoucing it like the country Algeria and apparently that was wrong and he turns to his mates and starts laughing. It's not called that he said. He continues, still laughing it's called Al-ger-ria Kush. My mistake, I didn't know how to pronounce it but I don't want or need some kid belittling me and trying to embarrass me in front of his friends. I might've read it in a paranoid way but it still seemed dickish to me. The Kush was very nice and I purchased two gram at €12 p/g. If it wasn't for the fact I love this coffeeshop because of it being my first Amsterdam love I probably would stop coming back because of that dick but I'm way too loyal for my own good. I go upstairs to meet the lady and we both order a cup of English tea. Never understand why the Dutch give tea in glass cups lol. I like a mug of tea! The tea arrives and the lady skins a Algeria zoot, it's a tasty smoke especially for €12 p/g. You know when I said Dampkring was empty, this is how empty it really was.

Empty Dampkring 2

View into Popeye Coffeeshop from the open window in Dampkring 2

back at the hotel now for bedtime kushy goodness and a nice deep sleep. With of course BBC World news in the background for good measure.

Day Three

We awake at around half 8 as today's the day we are leaving, another sunny day in Amsterdam though so it's still all smiles. Our flight is at 4pm so we'll be on the train to schipol at like 2:30pm. We have a couple of wake and bakes and get in the shower. We don't have to check out until half ten so it's not too bad. We check out and leave our suitcases in the luggage cupboard. We both decide we fancy a full English breakfast for our last breakfast in Amsterdam so Greenhouse Lounge it is!

Greenhouse Lounge is pretty quiet this morning no one waiting at the budcounter so I walk up and ask to see the Super Lemon Haze, he puts the tub under my nose and it smelt super sweet and the citrus smell came through the sweetness. One gram of that please and it's €15.50 p/g. Super Lemon Haze is probably my favourite haze and has been ever since I tried the Super Bio Lemon Haze from Voyagers a few years ago. The Lemon from Greenhouse probably wasn't as potent as the Super Bio Lemon from Voyagers but was still super tasty! The full English breakfasts from Greenhouse Lounge is better than Barney's because it has hash-browns! We have the bottom room to ourselves this morning so can peacefully eat and smoke the Lemon whilst watching Strain Hunters. Really enjoyed watching that series on YouTube so it's always welcome to watch a rerun. Breakfasts ate we decide to go get a sofa bed and watch a film before we leave.

Empty Greenhouse Lounge

Greenhouse Lounge full English breakfast

Prix d'Ami again and luckily it's pretty quiet in here too. What's going on in Amsterdam? Where is the mass of people? Still me and my lady are not complaining lol. Sofa bed is taken along with a couple of pairs of 3D glasses. We're here for the long haul to smoke all of our stash before we go home. The waitress comes over and we order two grape Fernandez and begin to skin up. Just as we start to skin up Avatar comes on the tv and we both think that's a good film to end our stoney trip in Amsterdam because let's be honest Avatar is quite a long film isn't it lol. Before we know it we've both drunk 4 grape Fernandez and our stash is down to two smokes. We roll one last one to finish Avatar off and then roll a pre roll for the walk.

Prix d'Ami film room

As we leave Prix d'Ami I notice I've still got a bit of € left and decide that I want a Coffeeshop t-shirt. Prix d'Ami's merchandise is a bit blingy for me and I remember seeing on Green Place's menu that they sell t-shirts so we were gunna head there. The lady wanted to ride in the back of a Tuk Tuk again so we walked to Dam Square to get one. Found an available one and asked him to go to Green Place and wait outside just while I buy a t-shirt and then take us back to the hotel to grab our bags. He says €25. I look at my lady and I know by the look on her face she wants it so bad so I think fuck it! We're on holiday!! And that folks will be the last time I say that lol. We get back to the hotel after enjoying our last smoke in Amsterdam on the back of the Tuk Tuk. We grab our suitcases and go to Centraal station, upon arrival we both realise we only have notes on us and the machines we can find only take card or coins, shit. We rush through trying to find a ticket a booth with an actual person in but to no avail. I look at my lady and say all this rushing around is really ruining my stone! I just wanted to get on a train and relax lol. We eventually find a ticket counter with a man working behind it and purchase two tickets to the airport. An uneventful train journey and a nice short 50 minute flight later we landed at Birmingham airport and made our way home.

Until next time Amsterdam!

Hope you all enjoyed this :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Avfc-Herbalist and The Herbalette 8)
Last edited by avfc-herbalist on Sun 18th Jun 2017 06:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Cracking report! Thanks for taking the time to write it up mate. Really enjoyed that over a few dabs this morning.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sun 28th May 2017 11:20 am Cracking report! Thanks for taking the time to write it up mate. Really enjoyed that over a few dabs this morning.
Thanks for taking the time to read it mate and I'm very glad you enjoyed it. I hope the dabs went down nicely too! Cheers pal 8)
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

awesome report! thanks for sharing your tales of when you were "on holiday!!"
i had a similar "balcony seat" view of dampkring2 from arrive,
from the side street windows, across from popeyes, back in '11.
also have many old (fading?) 80's memories from when dampy2 was pink floyd.
cheers
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

EasilySuede wrote: Mon 29th May 2017 05:24 am awesome report! thanks for sharing your tales of when you were "on holiday!!"
i had a similar "balcony seat" view of dampkring2 from arrive,
from the side street windows, across from popeyes, back in '11.
also have many old (fading?) 80's memories from when dampy2 was pink floyd.
cheers
Thank you mate! I'm glad you enjoyed reading about our holiday :mrgreen:! A holiday to Holland is the best!

Those side street windows you talk about is now where the new entrance of Arrive is. Always nice being able to look into a Coffeeshop from your hotel room isn't it!

I've never been to Amsterdam when Dampkring 2 was Pink Floyd but I've read all of it's history in the Coffeeshop review page. I wish I could've sampled their Umma Gumma hash and their Mother's Finest weed. I've also watched a YouTube video on Pink Floyd from 2005 I think and it does look really chilled out.

Thanks again mate 8)
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

avfc-herbalist wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 01:09 pm
First time I've ever been to Amsterdam and not got a seat straight away with my first purchase, I've been lucky I guess?
Great report, thank you!
I've always gotten a seat with my first smoke, no matter how large the group was. After that, it was more about luck.

Sorry to hear you had a couple of bad experiences in shops. At first I thought why you did not just decline to make a purchase and tell them what a crappy shop it is they are running. But then I remembered you would have gotten into trouble with your partner. :D

"Because we are on holiday."
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

aVeryOldLady wrote: Tue 30th May 2017 09:18 pm Great report, thank you!
I've always gotten a seat with my first smoke, no matter how large the group was. After that, it was more about luck.

Sorry to hear you had a couple of bad experiences in shops. At first I thought why you did not just decline to make a purchase and tell them what a crappy shop it is they are running. But then I remembered you would have gotten into trouble with your partner. :D

"Because we are on holiday."

Thank you for taking the time to read it and thank you for your comments :D

On this occasion I think the lady and I were just unlucky and to be honest getting a seat in Voyagers these days is like trying to get a seat in a packed out Grey Area.
Maybe we'll all experience this in the future as a decline in Coffeeshops makes the other ones a lot busier.

You are very right and normally I would have, I just didn't want to let my lady down after refusing to go into Coffeeshop Crush, my Dad once taught me that a happy wife means a happy life haha! I should of definitely walked out of Dampkring 2 but it was my first Amsterdam love and I just feel too loyal to it.

Thank you again for reading and commenting :D
andyc

Post by andyc »

Great report mate. Thanks for taking the time to write it. Gave me a few pointers for my trip later this year
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

andyc wrote: Wed 31st May 2017 10:50 pm Great report mate. Thanks for taking the time to write it. Gave me a few pointers for my trip later this year
Cheers mate! I'm glad you enjoyed it! No worries pal, thank you for taking the time to read it :). I'm happy the report gave you a few pointers, means a lot :mrgreen:.

Enjoy your upcoming trip my friend 8)
Devore

Post by Devore »

Super report and very well written. I felt like i was there with you two!!!

I had the same experience in Dophins and its now off my list, crappy weed and bad service.