Truffles are amazing

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
fordprefect

Truffles are amazing

Post by fordprefect »

Short post, but just wanted to comment on how great truffles are. I'm Canadian, and here we usually eat the actual dried mushrooms. When I was talking to the lady she told me that (if I remember right) 15g of truffles is 3g of dried mushroom.

Being a bit broke from the earlier parts of the trip I just got 10g and thought: eh. Equivalent of 2g back home? this'll be a nice light trip.

An hour later my friend and I were blazing around the city high off our tits. Incredible time. When we started to come down in one of the pot lounges (not a coffeeshop) we just looked at each other and said "well I guess we underestimated those truffles"

Anyone have a good shroom or truffles story?

LLMReb

Re: Truffles are amazing

Post by LLMReb »

You were no doubt fine as long as you had your towel with you!
Devore

Post by Devore »

LLMReb wrote: Thu 1st Jun 2017 01:22 am You were no doubt fine as long as you had your towel with you!
hahahaha!!! quality pun!
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Well there's the time back when mushies were still legal when we had some very strong ones (Hawaiian possibly), one mate and I had a great time but our other friend lost his mind. When I say lost his mind I don't mean he went crazy, just that he forgot everything he'd ever known. For hours on end his only answer to any question was a vacant "I don't know", which was highly amusing to us every time we met one of the "coke coke coke" men who used to fill the RLD, but slightly concerning by the following morning when he still didn't appear to know his own name. luckily this effect seemed to have worn off by the time we got our flights home!

My only experience with truffles was on a subsequent trip just after the ban when I persuaded my companions that 1/2 a box of Philosophers Stones, labelled "mild", would be a giggle without having significant effects. Suffice it to say that they were stronger than expected; we were staying at Viliegenbos campsite & had intended to go back there for our minor trip but they came on too strong too fast and every time we approached central station someone freaked out about the impossibility of crossing those roads safely in our state so we ended up doing figures of 8 around the chilled out canals near Amnesia/Grey Area for about four hours until people had come down enough to get home.

Again one of our group that time felt a bit broken but personally I had a great time (although the taste of those things stayed with me for days, jesus mushies are bad but the truffles were seriously gross without having any way to prepare them) but found them a bit incoherent in tripping terms, not sure whether we should have actually had more rather than less - sometimes I find half in/half out with hallucinogens can be harder to get a grip of, if that makes sense. Reminded me a little of underdosing on UK liberty caps.

Not been particularly tempted since then however, I always preferred taking hallucinogens in more tranquil environments than Amsterdam often provides & I've gotten quite wary of breaking any more of my friends :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

In Koh Phangan in Thailand they sell magic mushies milkshakes (or did when I was there in 2007) which amazingly they made taste quite quite palatable when you consider how bad mushies taste. They were not overly strong but I spent some great nights lying on the beach after drinking one of them staring at the stars for a few hours. Not a mad intense trip, just a little cosmic commute 8)
Bring back Imelda Marcos!