Mr Incognito's July escape

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Mr Incognito

Re: Mr Incognito's July escape

Post by Mr Incognito »

I went to see Tutu Pouane with Jesse van Rulle in the Robeco Summer Nights jazz club downstairs in the Concertgebouw. It was excellent - africa meets wonderful echoey guitar with lots of loops.

Now back home and reflecting on what was a real fun trip. I'll post some more thoughts along with my photos later this afternoon.

Mr I

Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Top live reporting right there! Very impressive sir!
Very enjoyable read and loved the Haarlem details, look forward to the extra parts coming.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Fantastic read mate! Really enjoyed it. Thanks for reporting on Coffeeshops that don't really get talked about! I've added a few to my list for my next trip thanks to your write ups :)!! Excellent read! Cheers mate 8)
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
gapie

Post by gapie »

:mrgreen:
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

It feels like a hazy long time since I was there - so glad I did a live report or I would have no chance adding any further thoughts! As it is, those few days are a distant memory, with precious little remaining of the ensuing stash to keep the dream alive....

Headlines - the star hashes were the Tangie Kush from High Times in Haarlem, the Amnesia Hash from Central, and the Kosher Kush from 1er Hulp. Everything else was OK, but nothing better than what is available back home for similar or lower prices. I got quite a few different 10 euro hashes, and they were all fine but not spectacular. Parvati Cream from Katsu was very good for a Black hash, but the modern blocs were the strongest cheaper hash around. Honourable mention to Maximillion in Haarlem - the Gardella and Twizzla were very good, probably joint third....

Top outdoor weed, and my overall favourite weed of the trip, was Purple Haze from Central, but the Viking Bio from Mr K is a strong second. I got some Thai from High Times in Haarlem that was unsmokable - it was what I described above as smoking like a bonfire in Katsu. Dreadful stuff. Somari from 1er Hulp is a really nice smoke on its own. Firm little buds which grind up beautifully and burn smoothly.

Haarlem was a great day out. It has quite a small town feel to it, but the coffeeshops were very welcoming. Contrasting with Leiden, where I wasn't made to feel very welcome to the extent that a couple of places ID'd me. Its quick to get to, cheap to get to, and would actually make a really good place to base a whole trip in - much cheaper AirBnB places from what I have seen. WW Sensimelia would be a great shop to hang out in, with loads of space for a larger gathering, and I recommend High Times and Maximillion for some different gear. The other shops I didn't go into all looked intriguing - a second day would have been justified!

The Mercatorplein area was also well worth the visit. Rembrandt Park was lovely to stroll and sit in, there are a whole load of shops in a small area, and it is very easy by public transport. As far away from Mokum craziness as you could imagine, and I got a lovely warm welcome in all the shops I went to. If a few people split up and bought from all the shops, a pleasant few hours could be had in the park.

Thanks for all those who posted as part of the trip, and DLN - sorry we didn't get to meet up. Maybe I'll break cover at 420 next year or something!

Until next time

Mr I
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

Thanks for the report Mr. I, I will have to venture out to the Rembrandt Park at the end of JAN to hit some of those shops.