Mr Incognito's July escape

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
gettingrimey

Re: Mr Incognito's July escape

Post by gettingrimey »

Where is the rooftop bar incognito? Sounds like my sort of place?

I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Rooftop number was Volkshotel or 'twould be my wager.

I digress @incognito ok what say ye somewhere in 18-20:30 time slot, at either Batavia or Sound Garden pm if you're more serious in the area hope to catch you about!
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

So here I am in Haarlem. I started by heading north from the station. First shop you come to (follow Lemming's excellent map on this site) is Birdy which i know is famed for its hash. I plan to end up there before getting a train back to Amsterdam later (whenever later turns out to be!). Instead I head on to Key West which turns out to be part of the growing Hunter's chain. It's the same menu and prices as the other shops. Nice atmosphere and I had a long chat with the BT and a some charver who was hanging out there.

I picked up some mixed weed at €6 to use as a base for joints and a bit of super pollen at €8.50. The BT told me that Hunter's is aiming to be the Macdonald's of coffee shops - same reliable service and product, same menu and prices everywhere. I would say that means you get what you pay for here. The 8.50 Super Polm was second most expensive behind a King Hassan at 10.50. It tasted nice enough in a joint of quite tasty mixed gruis. The overall effect was pretty good! I'm pretty much off my tits at this point so not really able to comment much on quality any more.

Now I'm sat in Regine, which is also part of a chain in that it sells the Boerejongens range. I got some Blue Dream bloc and am smoking it now from a large bong. It is a very smooth smoke. I hope I find some distinct Haarlem coffeeshops, although the interior of Regine is actually really cool in a shabby retro tropical paradise kind of a way. Nice reggae soundtrack and I am signing off to ride the wave!
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

On to Maximillion for a B&F before I take in a bit of culture. Maximillion is quite lively. I picked up two different hashes each in €5 deals. Twizzla and Gardella - slightly over .5 g of each, so under the €10 price tag. Both are darkish softish Moroccan style hashes. Not tried them yet so will hold back judgement. They wouldn't let me photo the menu, so I can't say anything about the rest of the menu, but they weren't part of an amsterdam chain!!

A trip round the archaeological museum and the Teyler Museum and it's off on my travels again.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks for the great live report. Glad to hear you're having fun.

Actually, Maximillian is a chain, albeit not an Amsterdam one. Their other shops are Easy Going also in Haarlem and Maximillian in Tilburg.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Enjoy Haarlem Mr. I, we haven't been for almost a decade but are talking about going on a bike ride out there later in the month, so any reviews on current standards are much appreciated..

For something very Haarlem-esque the WW chain shops should do the trick, not amsterdammy at all :D The one with the rooftop terrace (sensimilla?) is especially great fun in the summertime and probably a lot bigger than practically any CS' you've ever visited..

Cc
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

CC is correct: Willie Wortel's Sinsemilla.

Love it if you could send me some reviews of these places.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Thanks all! Glad you are enjoying it - I certainly am myself!

Now in High Times smoking some tasty Kosher Tangie hash - definitely something orangey going on there and packs a right punch! It is 12, and sits alongside Ketama, Primera, Lemon Hash and Amnesia Hash. Loads of weeds with €12 the top price. You can sit out on the street if you like that kind of thing. Very friendly female BT.

The Kosher Tangie stuff is really sticky - wouldn't burn on its own in the pipe so I got some of their Thai at 4 cos they were out of BioBuitenwiet at 6. That made a most agreeable mixture and I am now sitting back listening to remixes of records I used to spin myself back in the day. Last Night a DJ saved my life ........

Haarlem is such a nice place to wander round trashed! Much less traffic and virtually no tourists dragging suitcases around. Beautiful architecture. I like it!

I'll try and do reviews but it may be a bit hazy by the time I get back to having much time!

Wwsensi it is!
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Extra points for the post at 4:20.
Gnarly dude.
8)
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Willie Wortells Sensimelia is where nice ms Google lady leads me. According to the map I was to walk past at least 2 other shops. I didn't notice them if I did, but was enjoying the hash I had sampled! That I am now sitting in said establishment is a testament to the reasons exactly why I don't want to leave the EU...

My phone working seamlessly with my same unlimited tariff on mobile broadband is just about enough benefit from the EU if you ask me. Not to mention the roads. And the ferries. And the art galleries. .......... enough of that.

It's in quite a shabby block quite close to the station. The BT is in a booth for B&F and will buzz you through to the back if you buy something. The menu is extensive - 7 hashes from Afghan at 7 up to super jelly hash at 15. I went for the Gardella at 9. A nice example of decent old school Moroccan.

The interior is pretty big. A dozen or so tables of 4 plus a pool table and a computer games table thing. It's done out with blue vinyl tables and blue fake leather chairs. Blue down lights around the dado rail, neon green up lighters at ceiling level. A good sound system playing hip hop to a largely young (by my standards) crowd of 10 or so people chilling. A steady stream have been dropping by to buy and fly. You could very easily gather 20 people here without swamping the place.

As for the roof garden, I'll ask the BT on the way out, but it's a long narrow room with no windows or visible doors to stairs or whatever. Maybe that's somewhere else?
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Always enjoy reading about Haarlem as I've never been! Thanks for taking time out on your trip to live report for us mate, it's very much appreciated. Glad you're having a good time mate!
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 6th Jul 2017 05:38 pm Extra points for the post at 4:20.
Gnarly dude.
8)
Cosmic intervention is surely at play!
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

You know how I was selling up the benefits of the nice Google lady, we'll it turns out technology has its downsides. Instead of saying "are you sure you mean Willy Wortells Sativa?" She took me there and that's what I just described.

But now I am really at WW Sensimelia and can confirm there is a most excellent roof top terrace, plus loads of pool tables, pinball (two tables) and a loud pa system. Looks like it used to be a dance hall of sorts.

Quite a different menu from the other end of town. I got the Warme Oortjes at 12. I have a menu pic (also for Sativa) and will stick them up on FBN when I get back to civilisation.

More later!
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Battery is running out so I thought I'd post a bit more now before heading back to charger-land.

This is one hell of a Coffeeshop. Two really nice pool tables, and the pinball tables are Lord of the Rings and Walking Dead for those who might be interested. Inside is seating for 40 or so people in a good mix of comfy setups - sofas, a booth type seat, high up round the windows and a long dining table sort of thing. Outside it's wooden picnic tables for around 30 more people.

Loads of space to hang out and spend some lazy hours. The refreshments could be better, but hey they sell drugs and by my daily standards, that's a miracle.

The toilets took me back to run down pubs in the 1980s. A big urinal and lots of tiles. Maybe that's too much detail. Anyway, I'm going to try this Warmer Oortjes hash.....
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Thu 6th Jul 2017 08:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

This is shaping up to be one of the best live reports for a good while, great work Mr. I! :D

The confusion with the Google lady sending you to the wrong WW had us laughing our asses off, couldn't figure what could have happened to sensimilla since it changed that much, then read your follow up... :D :D :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: