Mr Incognito's July escape

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
choppermike

Re: Mr Incognito's July escape

Post by choppermike »

Leading in to a little trip in just over two weeks Mr Incognito, I am really enjoying your story, you are hitting so many spots that i like to visit !

.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 7th Jul 2017 11:49 amThey open at 7am and offer breakfast at €7.95 so somewhere to head for early in the day if you are willing to buy their weed.
Another one for the list of early openers, then. Cheers for that.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Fri 7th Jul 2017 10:16 pm
Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 7th Jul 2017 11:49 amThey open at 7am and offer breakfast at €7.95 so somewhere to head for early in the day if you are willing to buy their weed.
Another one for the list of early openers, then. Cheers for that.
Killer... Staying on Linnaeusstraat.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Morning all! Up and at 'em on the last morning of the trip.

I finished up at Katsu last night after some brilliant jazz. Katsu was very busy and welcoming on a Friday night close to midnight. I got some of their Mexican Haze and Parvati Cream. I rolled the former up with some of that KK hash from 1er Hulp, but in my inebriated state (free bar at the jazz - a nice surprise to which I responded enthusiastically) I didn't roll it firmly enough and it smoked like a Manchester stove pipe. It tasted like that tobacco substitute crap that they so kindly provide for free. After yet another mint tea (€2.50 and the real deal) I toddled back to my lair.

Now I am up and breakfasted, contemplating my packing and wondering what I might do with the day. Any suggestions for off-beat coffeeshop locations I might visit? Utrecht? Den Haag? I need to be back in Centrum by 19:00 Amsterdam time (UK + 1 hr).

Laters!
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Decision made. I've headed out West on the number 18 bus to Nieuw Amsterdam. On a residentialish Street out near Rembrant Park. A smallish shop at the front with seating for around 20 out the back.

The interior is pretty trippy with purple spot lights, neon yellow lots of reflective surfaces and sparkly cushions. Turkish delight style.

The hash is hitting the spot and the trippy interior is encouraging visual effects! There's no one else here. Oh yes, they open at 8am. Very limited snacks etc. Water was €2.

Onwards and upwards. Mr I.
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Yup - nice hash that Tidgin.

I tried a little number of their gruis. This turned out to be a proper lucky dip full of bits of hash and scraggy weed of potent varieties. Lift off! I'm now floating around Rembrant Park admiring the beautiful summer afternoon.

I went past the confidence-inspiringly named Ruthless. A complicated system of turnstiles to get in, but clearly the local favourite. There is a crowd of blokes of mixed age and origin outside at the moment and a steady stream of B&F customers. I gather they only sell hash or weed, no menu as such. I walked on by, but I bet it would be a fun place with company.

Laters
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

The architecture round here is, I think, what they call Amsterdam School. Mercatorplein - which is on a couple of tram lines - is 100m or so from 4 coffeeshops, with another 3 not much further away. The renowned-on-this-site El Massawa is one of those. The above mentioned Ruthless sells one type only of decent hash at 8.

I've tried Nieuw Amsterdam and cruised Ruthless. Now to have a glance at the others. I am just about spent up, and already have more gear than I can use, so I'll not be sampling the wares.

Mr I
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sat 8th Jul 2017 06:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Still going strong, nice job Mr. I! :)

Massawa or El Marssa? ;)

Massawa is one of our favorites out west for their Royal and other nice hashes, but guess you are covered... :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Coffeeshop 156 is on a backstreet just behind Mercatorplein. A few locals dropping in on bike or scooter. From what I could see of their menu they had just 2 hashes at 6 and 7. One of them was Honing the other Super Polm. A handful of weeds but I didn't look very hard. There looked to be a smoking room behind the shop.
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sat 8th Jul 2017 06:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sat 8th Jul 2017 02:05 pm Still going strong, nice job Mr. I! :)

Massawa or El Marssa? ;)

Massawa is one of our favorites out west for their Royal and other nice hashes, but guess you are covered... :D
Oh yeah - I meant El Marssa. Massawa is also nearby!
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Flashback is the crowded place on a Saturday afternoon. Several group of locals in there and a stream of B&F stops. I have no idea of what's on the menu.

De Bommel is a few doors up. You need to get buzzed in to the counter never mind the back room. Didn't see any customers in the last few minutes.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Well that's the end of it from me. It's been a gas having a mission while I've been here, and I have had a right good time in some coffeeshops I would never have visited otherwise!

Time to go incognito proper.

Over and out

Mr I
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thanks for the report Mr. I, it was very nice to follow your adventures! :D

Have a good trip home!

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Great stuff - highly enjoyable reading there Mr I.
Bravo sir 8)
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great read! Thanks. Which jazz clubs did you frequent?