Mr Incognito's July escape

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Mr Incognito

Re: Mr Incognito's July escape

Post by Mr Incognito »

Ta!

The weather turned and I got soaked. As my dear mother would have pointed out, it served me right for going out without a coat. So I high tailed it back to civilization and dry clothes!

The Wortels Warme Outjes was ok but not spectacular. They have some silly high end stuff on their menu but the ambience of the place is what I would go to Sensimelia for. Plenty of choices on the weed menu and a nice place to hang out without being hurried on.

If it dries up I may well head out again later, but for now, it's beer and a burger.

Mr I

gapie

Post by gapie »

:mrgreen: :P
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Amazing storms here last night - the Norse gods battling it out to show who's boss before the G7 or however many it is these days. I woke up at about 2am to find my room illuminated by lightning flashes coming one after another like a tropical storm.

I started the day with my breakfast in the rooftop cafe again. The place was full of people pretending to be internet tycoons. Gold laptops, two phones, Hawaiian shirt, flip flops. Great entertainment while I ate my classy breakfast. And then up to the real treasure of this hotel - the rooftop spa. First a little number of that Hunters mix with the Gardela from Maximilian. Then into the rooftop hot tub with the view over to Amsterdam centrum. Relaxation defined. Best hotel in Amsterdam, in my humble and stoned opinion.

The hash was really soft and glossy - the 5 euro deal (5.68 grammes I think it was) ended up as a smear inside the little bag, which I had to tear open to get at the squidgy bit of hash. It was solid enough to get away from the plastic ok and I rolled a nice little sausage to put down the middle of the weed.

The result, an hour later, is a very happy man with a good head buzz. A sativa high, with a seemingly high oil content. Might be worth the rosin approach for those who enjoy such pleasures? I've not looked at their Twizzler properly yet, but I would suggest Maximilian is worth a look - part of a non-Amsterdam mini-chain, with some different hashes and a cozy looking, if quite small on first appearances, interior. I didn't go right in just B&F, so there may be a whole 17th century hall just hidden away round the back - Haarlem is that kind of a place.

I didn't get to Birdy - that also looked to be pretty big with an entrance place and a big sitting area next to it. The only other shop I looked in at was Empire. I didn't have any cash on me so didn't go right in, but I could see that the menu had 4 hashes from €7 up to €12 and probably 8 types of weed. It looked like a brown cafe with a bar in the back corner where the BT was based. I don't think I would have got to WW Sensi if I had gone in, but it looked very welcoming!

Overall, I would definitely recommend a day trip to Haarlem. The train ticket was less than €10 and there are loads of interesting coffeeshops. Plus you can get reliable gear like Amsterdam Genetics bloc hashes if that's what you are after. On a bike, you could get to a lot more coffeeshops. I cycle in the UK but am a bit reticent to try cycling on the unfamiliar side of the road while off my bonce on exotic herbal extracts. I would need to do a guided bike tour to get used to it.

Right. On with the day. I have some jazz lined up for this evening, and am heading over to the Tropen Museum or maybe the zoo for a bit of visual and intellectual stimulation.

Laters!

Mr I
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

First stop today is the Smoke Palace. Number 3 tram to Linnaeusstraat and it is spitting distance.

A big (for Amsterdam) coffeeshop with an outside terrace on the street. Seats around 50 inside plus 20 outside. There were probably 25 people here when I arrived. Purchased Smoke Special at 10 and am smoking it in the pipe with a bit of WW outdoor. I got in trouble for having gear from other shops on show. Very strict in "only our product to be smoked in our shop". Friendly enough about it, but strict!

They also do food and served me a very acceptable Caffè Cortado. They open at 7am and offer breakfast at €7.95 so somewhere to head for early in the day if you are willing to buy their weed. They have 17 strains for sale from the special - Mr Nice - at 8 up to Dr Grinspoon for 17. Seven hashes from Afghan at 5 up to ice-olator at 27.50..... I have a menu pic.

It's a pretty chilled out vibe. The terrace is tobacco friendly with comfy seating.

Onwards to culture and the tropenmuseum. Oh yes, the Smoke Special is a reasonable rocky. Pliable but firm and mid brown, spicy smelling. Smokes very smoothly and burns cleanly. Perfectly acceptable $10 hash.
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Great stuff - hope the weather is better for you today
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 7th Jul 2017 11:49 am First stop today is the Smoke Palace. Number 3 tram to Linnaeusstraat and it is spitting distance.

A big (for Amsterdam) coffeeshop with an outside terrace on the street. Seats around 50 inside plus 20 outside. There were probably 25 people here when I arrived. Purchased Smoke Special at 10 and am smoking it in the pipe with a bit of WW outdoor. I got in trouble for having gear from other shops on show. Very strict in "only our product to be smoked in our shop". Friendly enough about it, but strict!

They also do food and served me a very acceptable Caffè Cortado. They open at 7am and offer breakfast at €7.95 so somewhere to head for early in the day if you are willing to buy their weed. They have 17 strains for sale from the special - Mr Nice - at 8 up to Dr Grinspoon for 17. Seven hashes from Afghan at 5 up to ice-olator at 27.50..... I have a menu pic.

It's a pretty chilled out vibe. The terrace is tobacco friendly with comfy seating.

Onwards to culture and the tropenmuseum. Oh yes, the Smoke Special is a reasonable rocky. Pliable but firm and mid brown, spicy smelling. Smokes very smoothly and burns cleanly. Perfectly acceptable $10 hash.
Evening plans? come around the Batcave
between 20:00-23:00 good chance you'll find me there!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Two more great updates, thanks for that Mr.I, eating up the updated details on the Haarlem CS scene, sounds great and deffo hitting up some of those shops for some hash in a couple of weeks :D

That deal at Smoke Palace is completely FUBAR dude, dafuq! We would have fucked right off given such a message, FTN man!

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Yeah I know what you mean CC, but I had bought some hash anyway and once I put my stash in my bag I got zero grief. I guess I'm not an argumentative kind of a guy, and any shop where I can wander up and buy hash is a chuffing miracle, even if it's tarnished by stupid rules, the weird reaction of young people to middle aged stoners, or other such nonsense.

I am now in Happy People supping pear looza and tooting on their champagne hash. Another decent Moroccan at 9 euros. I've rolled it up with some WW outdoor which is smoking like a bonfire so it's a bit hard to comment on the flavour and such like.

DLN - I am at a jazz concert this evening which starts at 9.30. I might be in Batavia about 11?

Laters

Mr I
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 7th Jul 2017 02:42 pm Yeah I know what you mean CC, but I had bought some hash anyway and once I put my stash in my bag I got zero grief. I guess I'm not an argumentative kind of a guy, and any shop where I can wander up and buy hash is a chuffing miracle, even if it's tarnished by stupid rules, the weird reaction of young people to middle aged stoners, or other such nonsense.

I am now in Happy People supping pear looza and tooting on their champagne hash. Another decent Moroccan at 9 euros. I've rolled it up with some WW outdoor which is smoking like a bonfire so it's a bit hard to comment on the flavour and such like.

DLN - I am at a jazz concert this evening which starts at 9.30. I might be in Batavia about 11?

Laters

Mr I
Chances are quite high that I'll still be there, so certainly worth checking if you're feeling up to it.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Let's see! I should be in need of both a beer and a smoke after some highbrow jazz!

I quite like being incognito (as you might have guessed from the name), so please don't be offended if I don't show.

If I do, I'll be wearing a red shirt. I have a white beard. I am neither tall nor thin.

Code phrase "My father was eaten by a tiger". Reply : "The tulips are blossoming in Gorky Park."

Mr I
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Now I'm at one of my favourite pubs. It's under a windmill a stones throw from Happy People, Trefkant and Eastwood. It's the Brouwerie t'iJ brewery tap and it sells ace beer and delicious munchies. I scoffed a plate of grilled sausage and mustard, washed down with a natte and a flink. Now I'm on the centennial. And some peanuts.

Culture plus exercise plus stoned = munchies. Or maybe just the last bit! It's a lovely day on Mokum and I'm headed for Het Ballonnie or whatever its called. I want to know if they put on a special show for you or if it's really that good!

Laters

Mr I

PS that champagne hash is pretty effective it would appear . I may regret the skinful I have just drunk.
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CopenhagenCouple

Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 7th Jul 2017 02:42 pm Yeah I know what you mean CC, but I had bought some hash anyway and once I put my stash in my bag I got zero grief. I guess I'm not an argumentative kind of a guy, and any shop where I can wander up and buy hash is a chuffing miracle, even if it's tarnished by stupid rules, the weird reaction of young people to middle aged stoners, or other such nonsense.
Well, I (Mr. CC) have been accused of being argumentative, even by myself, so there might be something to it. I don’t think I would go as far as starting an argument with a staff member of a shop though, probably just pick up my shit and get out of there. I would probably also be very tempted to accuse his or her mother of being a hamster, fart in their general direction or, maybe, call them the offspring of a window-dresser, but that’s just me being a bit of a twat, as the dear Mr. Smirks would have it… :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Compared to the conditions many of us have to endure when trying to score some smoke, I completely agree that any shop that will legally sell me decent cannabis is a good shop. But this isn’t Denmark or some other legal backwater, it’s Mokum baby, and they should know better. I would sympathize with a staff member asking me to put away a pack of ciggies, ask that I not have my full stash or e.g. some BHO laying out on the table or even, but only very rarely, put up with being asked to by product to smoke. Not that though…
Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 7th Jul 2017 03:51 pm Code phrase "My father was eaten by a tiger". Reply : "The tulips are blossoming in Gorky Park."
You are a very funny man Mr. I, would love to be around to hear that exchange! :D
Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 7th Jul 2017 04:02 pm I'm headed for Het Ballonnie or whatever its called. I want to know if they put on a special show for you or if it's really that good!
Looking forward to this, I would go for the weed, that was the real stand-out in April (when we visited several times, going there both before and after the testing invite thingy), hash was good but not spectacular. If they have the G13 Mr. Nice, SFV OG or Tangie (!!!) and they look good, those would be our picks! :D

CC
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Another post made at 4:20!
Did you do that on purpose CC? C'mon fess up :)
Mayhaps the stoner stars are aligned?
Behold.
A new strain is born.
A strain to end all strains.
The fabled 10/10.
Amen.
CopenhagenCouple

LOL, didn't notice and indeed 'twas fate that made it so... I was about to post without the last bit, when the cannagods (or in this case the forum engine) said "oh no you don't!, the OP has made another one for you to see before you post your reply.." and it was only for that delay that I posted when I did! :mrgreen:
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Het Ballonnie or whatever it's called is a university coffee shop. It's among the buildings of Amsterdam University and seemed to be frequented by academics. The oldish BT served me my hash - it's not listed on the menu photo I have from the front hallway. Something or other gum is what it was called.

I took it upstairs into the smoking room - it was empty when I went up. I was joined by some academics from Canada and Brazil at a conference. Chewed the fat for a while while smoking that hash, which was all creamy like the Gardela this morning but a bit more grainy if you know what I mean. Got me stoned enough and I got a nice mint tea for €2 to keep the BT happy.

Back in the hollowed out volcano lair, I am preparing myself for jazz.

Like, far out!

Man...
Last edited by Mr Incognito on Sun 9th Jul 2017 03:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.