Late May 2017 Trip Report

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
cheap161

Late May 2017 Trip Report

Post by cheap161 »

Hey guys n gals n enbys.
I finally took the time to write up a trip report from my visit in late may.
Apologies for taking so long, but i guess the ACD crowd should be used to this :D
As some of you may recall I had a pretty ambitious list of shops i wanted to visit.
But instead of going shop to shop, we soon found trying out different wares at a few places suited us way better, so I only managed to get to some of them.
I figured i'd rather write a trip report than review each one, maybe because i'm lazy, but i think it's more interesting this way too.
I use a grading system with 1-10, where 10 would be absolutely perfect, 5 would be hardly worth the money and 1 an absolute disaster.

Introduction babbling completed, commence the report.
Hope you enjoy it!

Upon arrival at Amsterdam Centraal, we were pretty tired from the trip and, though excited to be back, had nothing on our minds but a cold, caffeinated drink.
As the next train to our place was going in half an hour, we walked out of the station, took in the glorious view ahead of us, a deep breath and I also took some really crappy generic tourist photos. That being done, we headed straight for Voyagers to get our drinks, and, oh while we're there and it smells so nice... Bought our first gram before even getting rid of our bags, nice. I took a look at Kosher Kush and Lemon Bubble, both smelled and looked great, Kosher Kush smell was very intense and dank. But since we were tired enough as it was, we decided for Lemon Bubble, and it didn't disappoint at all. It delivered a clear, energising head high, tasted exactly like you want it to & was cured very well too. Rolled up a fatty and smoked it right outside the shop, looking at the beautiful canal & buildings around the Batavia cave.
What a feeling! rated 8/10

We only got slightly lost on the way to our acommodations and found them to be very comfortable and spacious, with a balcony and a truly amazing coffee machine/robot.
After resting up, shopping for supplies and food at the nearest Albert Heijn and getting a snack, we went to check out the CS closest to us - Best Friends East.
It's only a buy & fly (although they seem to have a space for members to chill), but the guys behind the counter were quite friendly, showed us the hashes before choosing and also always gave a selection of 3 prebagged nugs of which you could select one.
At this point we already started derivating from my plans to only buy small amounts at each shop, as you will see. We bought a Amnesia, Cheese, OG Kush X Green Crack, Bubble Gum, Hiya Polm and 24K Kush Hash. 2 sorts of weed and one hash each. Oops.

Amnesia (also named Dornroosje there):
At a cheap price (20€ for 2,2g), this was a premium smoke.
The smell (especially after grinded) and taste are definetely what i consider classic Amnesia to be. It was dry but still kind of juicy too, so no complaints there. We tasted it while visiting the nearby Flevopark, which is at the far east and very pretty indeed. Found a spot right beside the water, and smoking that good good in the sun by the water, surrounded by large trees and my favorite person, it made me feel pretty euphoric and glad to be there. Also gave us a nice fit of the giggles a few times.
Nice memories aside, this stuff was 8,5/10 good.
Smoked the rest of it in the mornings while having coffee on the balcony. the best way to start a day, i tell you.

Cheese:
This one had a good cure, not too dry, was small but very dense and was a typical couchlock type of cheese. While definitely nice it was nothing special. 6,5/10.

OG Kush X Green Crack:
It was kind of impossible to pass on these promising genetics, and while the buds were a little to dark green for my taste, my partner said "we´ll take it!" before i even had made up my mind. I'm glad she did, because this stuff was da bomb.
Glistening like mad, smelling extraordinarily of lemongrass, kush and some funky chemical terpene madness, this weed left me kinda confused, desorientated and impressively stoned.
The taste was earthy and og kush-like, with that chemical funk lingering in the background.
9/10

Bubble Gum:
To be honest, this was kind of shitty. It had a bland taste and was so madly dense that i can only conclude there was some nasty bulk up shit added to the fertilizer. it was pretty dry too, and while it did not have any bad side effects we're aware of, we hardly touched this stuff after a few tries and it ended up as blunt mix material.
3,5/10

Hiya Polm: this quality maroc polm is a pretty good bargain. Coloured like milk chocolate, easy to crumble and soft. has classic polm smell and taste & delivers a heavy hitting head high. definetely one of the stronger polms i have tried and one of the more memorable hashes of the trip.
8/10

and finally, 24K Kush Hash 12€/g
this was my first encounter with the so called Bloc Hashes.
It was dark, very soft and very sticky. it also reminded me slightly of moist sand or something.
The smell was definitely nothing i have experienced in hash so far. I guess Bloc Hashes do kind of maintain the smell and taste of the original plant. It tasted very nice, was also quite strong. good stuff for an evening smoke while stretching your tired legs.
i would have graded it better if it was less expensive, i know i´m petty.
also it was a real pain in the ass to roll with if you didn´t keep it in a fridge.
Smoked with the Cheese, this was a pretty tough knock out smoke.
8/10

Overall Best Friends seems to be a fair priced shop with good quality in both weed and hash, but the Bubble Gum fuckup remains kind of a bummer.
This concludes our shopping wise very productive first day. stay tuned!

djreign

Re: Late May 2017 Trip Report

Post by djreign »

Nice start. Enjoyable read so far and am looking forward to more.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Nice read, sounds like you had a good first day 8)! Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I'll look forward to part 2!
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
cheap161

Post by cheap161 »

Thanks you guys! I'm happy you're interested! Time to continue:

On the second day first thing after having a 3 piece breakfast (Amnesia & Coffee, food, Lemon Bubble) we went to Starbikes and got ourselves some very comfortable Drahtesel.
HOLY FUNKING SHIT YOU GUYS. Biking in Amsterdam is awesome. Although i didn't ride a bike in a while before, i more or less quickly adapted to the Amsterdam biking style and found out that, keeping on the right side of the lane and taking it easy, you can experience Amsterdam in a way that adds another layer of magical beauty to this city.
What a rush. We drove down to eerste Hulp at first, managing to only piss off a few motorists on the way and not knocking anyone over at the busy Haarlemmerstraat (where I could distinguish the smell of Amnesia in the air while riding past, i love this town).
At eerste Hulp, the furniture was completely torn down except for a small counter and the menu, because they were rebuilding. I really liked their old interior and was kind of sad about this, but the pictures i have seen since look pretty comfy still, so no harm done i guess.

Our stash already pretty good, we bought a gram of Gorilla Glue #4, which we had both been eager to try for a while, and I also got some Sour Diesel Hash. The budtender lady said it was a good choice, after trying I agreed. We rolled some up with LB, it was dry, hard pressed and also pretty sand-like, i guess this is a bloc hash thing. Had a clear Sour Diesel smell, but also a classic hash note. It was very strong, almost psychedelic in effect and glued us to the next nearby bench, chatting away while staring at the water, the boats and the houses in amazement,tremendously enjoying ourselves for what felt like an hour.
I'll rate the Sour Diesel Hash a solid 9/10, although it was also 12€/g, in this case i must say it's worth it.
The GG4 was tried some other day and also was a good choice. It was exactly as frosted with trichomes as the internet had promised. Smelled amazing and very interesting. Woody/piney taste, with a nice calming buzz, but not mushing your brain too much.
I still think the 14 or 15€/g are not a reasonable price so graded accordingly.
I get that this is one of the hype strains & you can hardly get it cheaper, but i am of principle.
7,5/10

After we finished getting baked in the sun we drove over to the Foodhallen and stuffed our bellies with slightly overpriced but delicious hipster cuisine, then spent the rest of the day riding around our bikes, again managing to only slightly get lost on our way home & learning another few vital lessons about Dam biking since we caught the Rush Hour after work, which sure is an experience of its own.
The next shop we visited was Eastwood, at our third day. The guy behind the counter wasn't exactly friendly, the shop was noisy and had a pretty clear no tourist vibe when we were there. Since we only stopped to stack up, this was okay with us, but guys who completely ignore women throughout the whole conversation kind of get on my nerves, boo to that.
The weed however was some of the consistently best looking besides maybe Voyagers, and was priced fairly. In comparison, that is.
We bought:

G13 Haze: light green and frosty, smelling lemony-hazy-fresh and became our standard Sativa leaning smoke after we ran out of BF Amnesia, went very well with the Sour Diesel Hash form eerste Hulp. Smoked solo it was a nice balance between a strong high and still being able to safely ride a bike or play a game of chess.
8/10

White Rhino: Also looked frosty and dense, was a bit dry and didn't leave much of an impression. got me stoned okay, but ended up as base for hash & blunt material mostly.
I have smoked some White Rhino before that really blew my mind, but this did not deliver.
6,5/10
Rollex OG: This one had both an outstanding smell and taste of pine, kush and something limey sour. Gave an exceptionally relaxing stone, this really lived up to the expectations i had of the strain.
8,5/10

After we stacked up, some good food was eaten, several parks were checked out, a lot of doobies rolled up and the extra battery i had bought for my vape pen came in handy too. I proudly join the people on this forum who have said it before - there is nothing like going by bike in this town. You get a lot much more stuff done even compared to the tram.
That´s part 2 for now.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Nice update! Especially enjoyed those strain ratings and descriptions.Good work :thumbup:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Highly enjoyable reading :D sounds like you had a blast.
Devore

Post by Devore »

Super report sounds like I'm going to have to go for a bike when I get over in two weeks!
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

fun and informative write-up, '161. 8)
thanks much for taking the time to put it all together.
some pics for flevopark reminiscing...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... vince.html

i imagine the park gets quite a few visitors from the nearby campground...
https://www.campingzeeburg.nl/en/

oh, and a huge collection of GG#4 reviews via leafly...
https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/gorilla-glue-4

cheers
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Great report thanks for that... very informative and nice description of your purchased wares :thumbup: :D

By the way when you buy 3g of the 24k hash from Best Friends you only have to pay 30€ so 10€ per g wich is much better :D