After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Last edited by Kenshiro on Sat 5th Jan 2019 02:47 pm, edited 30 times in total.

glock23

Re: sNc's Barcelona Trip - A 3 Day Crash Course

Post by glock23 »

Have fun! Headed over there in October so I'm looking forward to your travelogue. :)
Papi

Post by Papi »

sNc wrote: Sun 13th Aug 2017 03:24 pm I'm back! Missed writing and felt motivated to bring this installment to you properly instead of rushing in with incoherent live report notes similar to my April AMS trip report :lol:

For what was a short trip you're in for a fun read :mrgreen: :lol:

Prelude

Theres a long bar on the left and the guy explains that the dispensary bar is around the corner..I choose what I want to buy and the guy there will give me a ticket for what im buying to rerurn to the first guy to pay to which he will give me a receipt and I return to the dispensary..all quite random but at least im not loading another card right?

He can't sign you in and give you a card since you're not a Spanish resident, hence the ordeal with receipt, my man in there makes exceptions for my friends to become members there, but he has to keep it down anyway, cause of the police:)
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Last edited by Kenshiro on Sat 5th Jan 2019 02:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Quality read mate! I'm guessing Dam Square wasn't a club you were planning on visiting then bro :lol:. I like the sound of the menu in Alcatraz :mrgreen:. Looking forward to more 8)
Thanks for writing it up mate 8)
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Shufflepop

Post by Shufflepop »

Great read and very entertaining. Don't know how you remember the details, quality!
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Enjoyable read and I could feel the pressure of knowing your significant other was waiting for you to sign up and buy at not one, but TWO clubs. :lol:
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

The signing up part the worst.ussally it very hot in the entrance.after doing this 3 times i had enough and just used these clubs for the rest of the trip.hopefully when my spanish friends open there guesthouse.your be able to send your details to them and there have full membership sorted for when you arrive.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Last edited by Kenshiro on Sat 5th Jan 2019 02:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Fucking excellent write-up mate! Enjoyed that one thoroughly.

Glad to hear that my dining recommendations were sufficiently pleasing for your palate, stomach and wallet!

Estrella Galicia and Alhambra (less common in Barcelona) are my favorite Spanish lagers FWIW.

Also agree about that warped back in time feel of Barri Gottica. Don't knock El Raval just yet though, it's got a bit of a ethnic and/or dodgy feel, but it's cheap, vibrant, got some good bars and restaurants as well as some parts that are just as beautiful as Gothic Quarter but even older so you really feel like you warped back to times of antiquity (ancient times), rather than just the middle-ages. Probably my favorite neighborhood in the city, or certainly one of them - but indeed like La Rambla, do be alert and aware of your possessions no doubt!

Eagerly awaiting the next installment!
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Thoroughly enjoying your posts (and the detail)! Really pumped about my trip and looking forward to exploring the city. I think I'll do it on bicycle and try not to get too stoned to ride (which was a problem the last time I was in Amsterdam)! lol
Dave near London

Post by Dave near London »

Great and well written report. Barca is somewhat spoiled for me by having my overnight bag lifted in the main square when we were studying a map , and then by having a pickpocket attempt that evenig (I thumped the miscreant in the ribs) - an hour spent in the Police Station filling out claim / crime reports was sobering to see the number of robbed people coming in .

A very great shame , and I swore never to give the city a penny of my money ever again.

Just be really , really careful with your possessions.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Dave near London wrote: Tue 29th Aug 2017 07:59 pm Great and well written report. Barca is somewhat spoiled for me by having my overnight bag lifted in the main square when we were studying a map , and then by having a pickpocket attempt that evenig (I thumped the miscreant in the ribs) - an hour spent in the Police Station filling out claim / crime reports was sobering to see the number of robbed people coming in .

A very great shame , and I swore never to give the city a penny of my money ever again.

Just be really , really careful with your possessions.
Chain for the wallet works, increases your fist power when needed as well.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Last edited by Kenshiro on Sat 5th Jan 2019 02:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Nice one sNc. Your memory and recall, apart from the passport thing is amazing man. Smashing pictures too. :D Thanks for writing it up, made a nice w&b read just now. :D 8)
What a long strange trip it is.