Amsterdam and Barcelona

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
glock23

Amsterdam and Barcelona

Post by glock23 »

I flew to Barcelona just over a week ago via Amsterdam. I was more pumped about the Amsterdam stops than Barcelona! After doing lots of research on here, after touching down, I made my way to Voyagers. I didn't have a European SIM yet, so I struggled to find it at first, and the fact the building is under renovation meant I walked past it at one point lol. It took me 15 minutes to find it again!

That first night was 24K and Atlas hash. I smoked a J of the 24K and loved the flavor so much, but I usually microdose at home and it blew my head off! I also smoked bowls of hash and got very relaxed. I got on the flight to BCN with a little of both.

On my second day in BCN, I made it over to El CIrculo. Loved the classy look of the club and the great hip-hop the DJ was spinning. I smoked a J of Amnesia and again, it got me higher than I was comfortable being in a new place! lol. Bought some Skywalker OG as well. Hotel had a great balcony, so I enjoyed smoking out on the balcony.

I speak decent Spanish, so Barcelona was a lot of fun. Smoking lots and lots; by day three in Barcelona, nothing was getting me high anymore! The Skywalker went much quicker than the Amnesia. Both were nice, but could have been a bit more flavorful. I wonder if the Boveda packs robbed the buds of flavor some.

Went back to El Circulo and got me some Gorilla Glue and 24K hash. One annoying thing about the club was that no prices were given, so I had to ask about prices. the GG was 15 Euros a gram and the 24K hash was 20 Euros. Both quite good, except the 24K didn't smell like the sample I was initially shown (boo). Good potency from both, though, and not unpleasant in any way (just coulda been more aromatic/terpy).

I did message a club much closer to my hotel in Spanish. They took a few days to respond, but told me to come right on over with ID! A lot of clubs are discoverable on Instagram and they respond to messages and tell you to come by. You may have more success if you speak Spanish, I feel, but who knows?

Other guests at my hotel were members of G13 and Sticky Born. I know the guy at Sticky Born got his hash for 10 Euros a gram vs the 20 I paid for mine, and it smelled better and he said it was melty. Quite the price disparity! In future I'll just message clubs directly rather than using intermediaries as people just seem to assume I live in Spain when I speak to them in Spanish!

Bowls, papers and the rest are very cheap in Spain if you go to Tabac stores vs head shops. I even found American blunt wraps at a store and rolled me a blunt of the GG. That was very pleasurable indeed.

Back to Amsterdam! Picked me up the Testing Tuesday that had a touch of botrytis. It was surprisingly potent, however, although it wasn't as flavorful as the 24K was, which was a very interesting smoke and good enough that I want to grow the strain now. I also tried some black hash from Abraxas (Nepal Cream). Not as good as it was 12 years ago, but still a very good example of Nepalese charas and much better than what I purchased in Kathmandu last year for a song.

I heard Boerejongens mentioned by locals several times, which really made me want to head over there. That's definitely on the list for next time. Central looked much less inviting without the tables when I walked by, and there were too many people sitting around outside. That and they sold me moldy hash 12 years ago (that blew my head off with the potency---my first experience with Isolator hash).

All in all a great trip. I thoroughly enjoyed myself in both cities and ate very well! I'll definitely head back to both cities in future as I can't stay away now! :)

Also bought some Paradise Dutch Kush seeds. Will run them after winter so I don't get the dreaded budrot! :)

RoMoney

Re: Amsterdam and Barcelona

Post by RoMoney »

Nice post man, sounds like a cool trip. Defo agree that everything in Spain is easier when you speak a bit of Spanish and you get ripped off a lot less, if they speak to you in English there's a tax :D
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

Nice, Amsterdam and Barcelona in one trip. Good report.
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Cheers guys! Had so much fun that I'm off to Brussels next month and most certainly will be going back to Amsterdam! I'm signed up for Boerejongens' testing program on one day too :)