23 and 24 staying in blue square hotel

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Brave13

23 and 24 staying in blue square hotel

Post by Brave13 »

Landed at schipol at 9:30 and got the train to centraal station. A short walk to voyagers, where we had lemon bubble, haze and bought a g of notorious og.

Made our way to the old church where we had some isolator , not sure if it was that or one of the previous ones but I'd to go and sit out the front and have a word with myself lol but a tin of red bull later I was OK so conti nued !

I think we went somewhere else in between here and our hotel but honestly can't remember lol anyway we found the hotel dead on and for a smoke, a simple walk round its perimeter for a smoke is fine, the area wasn't a rough as some had said, maybe in part to where I'm from but who knows...I found it okay anyway.

Straight back down to town and got some stuff in the shop opposite the smoke boat tour and then a tour around the canals looking at the lights festival then back to the hotel to chill. Again smoked around perimeter of hotel and had no bother.

Day 2.
Visited juicebar snipe about a two min walk from hotel and bought a g of watersnipe special.
Headed to centraal on the number 21 bus and cruised a few coffeeshops before heading to the smoking bull to finish off what we had on us , before heading to schipol after having a great time.

Strains worth noting were the Lemon bubble and notorious og from voyagers, and waternipe special from juicebar.

notsofasteddie

Re: 23 and 24 staying in blue square hotel

Post by notsofasteddie »

Thanks for the Travelogue!!

Curious to know if Tram 13 or Tram 14 was the better transport choice!

Next time something closer in would not be a bad choice!

Nice to learn about a coffeeshop that may be under appreciated because it's remote! If home base is out there a-ways, it's always good to know that something good is only five (5) minutes away. Quality "buy&fly" is never a bad choice!

Next to coffeeshops, walking Amsterdam is my favorite thing about Mokum! On certain days, walking Amsterdam moves into 1st place! Got some menus to shoot for FBN; need to get to out and about.

One day Zandvoort is on the agenda; need to spend more time in Harleem!

Then again, closing the day, at pick your favorite, is never a bad thing! Something close to home is always a good "end-of-the-day" choice after an about the town walk! Also, nothing wrong with a quality edible and a little Scotch at A-home as the sun sets!

Given hotel proximity, Kadinsky, New Times, Softland, Cafe420-Dutch Flowers, Tweede Kamer are top of the list for "end-of-the-day" favorites!
Brave13

Post by Brave13 »

Tram 14 was my choice and once I'd figured that out all was good, it was a great way to see round and not just the busy tourist spots. All anyone has to remember is where to get in and off, there is also a stop at 1ehulp but I didn't have time to visit this time
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Brave13 wrote: Thu 28th Dec 2017 01:16 am Tram 14 was my choice and once I'd figured that out all was good, it was a great way to see round and not just the busy tourist spots. All anyone has to remember is where to get in and off, there is also a stop at 1ehulp but I didn't have time to visit this time

Good one for using the tram (even if you were somewhat compelled to do so).

Adventures await for those willing to go for a ride. Don't get me wrong, the urban hiking is awesome but I personally dont need to see the sights between Centraal Station and Leidseplein any more, I walked that one plenty :-)
"Laif" with a long "a".
Skull_Kid1888

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

Absolutely, or a bike. Amsterdam shrinks when you have a bike. I know that's not an option for notsofast, but believe me bike rental for the length of your stay will be the best money you spend in Amsterdam. You don't even break sweat the city is that flat.
It's all about THC for me.
Brave13

Post by Brave13 »

I'd say I got to see more, me and the missus went to a wee local restaurant etc near the hotel, city centre is nice but too busy for me to proper relax and having to out into the neighbourhood for a few tokes was dead on, no hassle at all.
I was kicking myself for not booking closer to the action but when alls said and done I think it added to the trip. I was in no rush to be anywhere so why not !
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

So, is there a second trip in the planning stage? If "yes," where you going to stay? Closer in? Blue Tower?

Thanks for the Travelogue and other posts!!

Good info on Tram 13 vs. Tram 14!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Lafe wrote: Thu 28th Dec 2017 05:34 pm Adventures await for those willing to go for a ride. Don't get me wrong, the urban hiking is awesome but I personally dont need to see the sights between Centraal Station and Leidseplein any more, I walked that one plenty :-)
As much as I like walking that one made me laugh as there was many a time really stoned walking back where I was thinking A) why the hell didn't I stay downtown or B) why didn't I get the f'in tram :mrgreen:
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Brave13

Post by Brave13 »

notsofasteddie wrote: Sat 30th Dec 2017 12:10 am So, is there a second trip in the planning stage? If "yes," where you going to stay? Closer in? Blue Tower?

Easter or just before it, I was thinking of either a smoking friendly hotel or apartment ideally but we hate being away from the kids for anymore than a few days, we certainly wouldn't rule out blue square as we know what we are at now staying there.

Perhaps if we found somewhere else quieter in Holland were we could take the kids we could stay longer
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Brave13 wrote: Sat 30th Dec 2017 11:48 pm
notsofasteddie wrote: Sat 30th Dec 2017 12:10 am So, is there a second trip in the planning stage? If "yes," where you going to stay? Closer in? Blue Tower?

Easter or just before it, I was thinking of either a smoking friendly hotel or apartment ideally but we hate being away from the kids for anymore than a few days, we certainly wouldn't rule out blue square as we know what we are at now staying there.

Perhaps if we found somewhere else quieter in Holland were we could take the kids we could stay longer
Take the kids on a cycling holiday in Noord Holland, somewhere like Alkmaar, or go to the beach at Noordwijk for a few days.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Haarlem is close, cheap and quiet. I like B&B l'Anders on the main square.
"Laif" with a long "a".