Barcelona - Cosecha Cup Trip 22-26.11.2017

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Papi

Barcelona - Cosecha Cup Trip 22-26.11.2017

Post by Papi »

I know it took some time :lol:

Anyways,

DAY 1- VAMOS CHAMP!

Green Gods graced me with early morning flight so i'm hoping, if things go well i might be able to hit the city centre before 11am, which gives me a full day to get properly mashed without checking out the watch. And behold, Aerobus drops me off at Placa Catalunya at 10:45. My initial plan was to head down directly to Alcatraz (maybe on the way a little 365 take-away brekkie) but my growing buddy from the area decided to spend some time in town since i was coming so instead we decided to meet at Strainhunters. And surely, 10 mins after 11, i'm sat there with him, welcoming me in the city of Barcelona with some proper manner

Shortly after our good friends from Respect Extracts and TJ Medibles arrive to the spot to join what's turning out to be a proper sesh.

A moment after, our dabbing amigo shows up as well, presenting his incredible piece of dabbing equipment

Time starts flying much faster with all what's going on, and i quickly notice that it's well past 2pm, and i'm supposed to meet my ACD brother OHMF later on at The Backyard, cause he's in town with his missus. Before that i decide to do a quick check-in at my hostel, get into La Kalada to say hello to the crew, and off i go to the Backyard, in which there's some serious fuego at the moment.
Shortly after i arrive, and OHMF is already there with a rig on the table, bear hug, and we're sat at the as he proudly presents me his purchases.

Odv3

Dab sesh starts, as i quickly grab some of the goodies from the club ( Banana Punchsicle, Peach Ozz, Agathlan and some shatters), soon my friends arrive to join the total madness that's going on. Another ACDer, who i hooked up with the place earlier on is there too so our crew is full of total stoners. We're given some samples from the staff to get us going even more, so couple hours pass really fast and OHMF needs to get back to see his lady. We bid farewell and head for some munchies and to TerpsArmy Club. There's a ping-pong table there, but you can see that Lorenzo opened this place just 3 weeks before. Anyway, turns out, fuckload of my friends work there so another sesh starts reaaaaaally quickly and we decided to nightcap there until like 2-3am, after which we close the place down with the staff. Our fellow ACDer from US gives me a bag of Purple Tangie from the club as a thank you for hooking him up with some places. Purple Tangie looks purple nice

Last edited by Papi on Thu 25th Jan 2018 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
OneHighMofo

Re: Barcelona 22-26.11.2017

Post by OneHighMofo »

Good read so far mate - so nice to see my stash again!
Keep it coming 8)
RoMoney

Re: Barcelona - Cosecha Cup Trip 22-26.11.2017

Post by RoMoney »

Great read, fooking love the fly dab rig! :)
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Papi

Post by Papi »

DAY 2

I get woken up by somebody dropping something really heavy and important on the hotel corridor, followed by intense shouting before 9 am. I open my door only in boxer shorts, and proceed to scold the poor fucker, using only finest vocabulary from my national language combined with some "fucks & putas". Adrenaline rush had already cleared my plans to sleep some more, so i get myself ready and head out to smoke my morning joint and eat some brekkie. The weather is pretty gloomy this morning

SHortly after i decide to hit La Boqueria for some fresh serrano&manchego combo (with a hidden joint)

Suddenly, sun starts shining at Ramblas and i get the text from my friend "Strainhunters in 10 mins"? No need to repeat, I'm already on my way:)

Upon my arrival, some Cali tins are being presented by the SH boss, mostly from SpaceMonkey Meds, must say, they're really tasty;)

Pretty heavy sesh commences and 2 hours pass like it's nothing:) Time for me to gather my shit and head out for some business meetings:)
Afterwards, i head straight to the Backyard to grab some goodies, Cookies and Cream with Banana Punchsicle, never a dissapointment

Quick buy and fly, and we're off to La Kalada, where we're greeted by some fine cali import for 16e/g along with our friends from Team10 and couple other guys. I grab some protenazine from Team10 to compare it later with Deep Concentration THC Syrup.

By midnight, we're fucking flying, dabs, joints bongs, syrup everywhere. Not to mention, every joint looks like this supercharged fucker so my trip back to hotel is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllly unclear. I hit the hay just past 3 am

Last edited by Papi on Sat 27th Jan 2018 08:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalima

Post by kalima »

quite a trip and yeah the joint lots pretty loaded :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , how was the cali bud, worth all the hype ? much better prices over there though, :)
enjoy the rest of your trip
Papi

Post by Papi »

kalima wrote: Sat 27th Jan 2018 11:04 am quite a trip and yeah the joint lots pretty loaded :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , how was the cali bud, worth all the hype ? much better prices over there though, :)
enjoy the rest of your trip
I've tried several cali stuff and some were up to the hype and some were definitely not.
Papi

Post by Papi »

DAY 3

9am, i somehow wake up, feeling some proper weed hangover. Using the golden rule, to treat yourself with exactly same stuff that made you hungover, as soon as my eyes are open, i pour myself a little drink to get me going for the morning. Montjuic is the target. But first...

So after this liquid brekkie i head towards Placa Espanya and proceed to walk uphill next to the fountain

Even from up there, the view is pretty nice, but i'm heading much higher soon.

But first, Olympic Stadium, Palau Sant Jordi and a tower, some of the buildings conceived for summer Olympic Games in 1992

From there i decide to take the cable car uphill towards the Montjuic castle, the car is empty, not much of staff there as well, so i spark one up as soon as i get inside.

One joint later and i'm on the hill, heading towards the castle, trying to find spot for another doobie and some breakfast.

Just as i decide to get down on foot, my friend calls me to join him later at strainhunters for some morning joint, i check out the watch and it's almost noon. So i take a walk towards SH Club.

I arrive and sesh starts immediately, same crew, some new tricks, and very tasty edibles.

From there we head towards La Kalada, where the crew is almost done with their preparations for next day's Cosecha Cup Party. I bump into a friend from cali's itslitfarms, who appears to be one of the VIP judges of the event. He grabs his judge's pack and asks me to help him rate some of this shit. I oblige and we're sunken into the table with heavy amount of great outdoors going through our hands. Our fellow US Acder calls me and i pull a couple of strings to make him a member of La Kalada as well. Laters I grab some GG#4 from the club, cause it's fucking banging.

The sampling session lasts for some time, and shortly before the club closes we head out towards TerpsArmy, grabbing some pasta from La Macchina on the way there. Table Tennis mini-tournament is commenced and lasts till the nightcap along with some bongs and Orange Soda dabs.

Papi

Post by Papi »

DAY 4 - Fiesta de la Cosesha, cabron!

I wake up lying not in my bed, but in some really nice hotel just by the beach. Usually a sign that my night went well, and it's the same this time:) I gently and quietly get out of the premises to smoke my morning joint at the beach. Port Vell and Playa Olimpic look really peaceful and deserted, no wonder, it's 10am in fucking november:D

My joint is interrupted by phonecall asking if i can grab sth to eat while i'm out there. Being a good guy (more like being hungry ) i concur and head back with some munchies. Plan is to get to La Kalada as soon as we can, and just before 4pm strikes the clock, i'm sat at La Kalada where the Cosecha (Harvest) Cup fiesta is already underway. We grab an empty spot and reserve it for the rest of the party. Shortly after some friends from Amsterdam arrive, including Andy from Voyagers. Heavy sesh starts pronto, especially that more and more friends from cannabis community began to arrive. Gotta say, La Kalada knows how to hold a party like this, proper station with bongs and dabs from all the cup entries, bravely manned by Teo, who's also in charge of award ceremony. Multi-tasking on highest level! Sweet High Pastry providing some incredibly tasty munchies, infused with rosin of course. The party is fucking mad, especially with new bongs from SuperSmoker Spain making their entry. As a proffesional bongman, i start testing them immediately, making quick decisions of which one i liked the most. The party lasts till midnight, and time flies like a motherfucker.

Cannnagar rolled by White Wabbit

After that, i proceed to The Plug, since it's only 300m away, where i meet some friends who greet me with Cali

But The Plug closes at 1am, and it's my last night so i decide to get my ass to Think Different, cause it's the only place opened till 3am during weekends. It's also a huge tourist trap, but fuck it, i don't need any gear:D I enter and since the owner is not there,i just sit down opposite to the dispensary and proceed to roll heavily supercharged joints to finish me off. Some sheep are being herded into the club by street hustlers from ramblas and other places. Eager to check out the prices i head to the dispensary area, where i'm talking to a guy, who could be selling rugs at some bazaar in Egypt. I play a fool, who doesn't know shit about cannabis, and first thing the guy recommends is Mango Haze for 30e/g!!!! I keep myself in check in order not to laugh to hard, guy shows me some generic mango, i ask for Headbanger#3 which is in jar behind him. He says "well well, my friend, great eye, this jar is for vip customers only, special price, 28e/g". I thank him for a good laugh and head backk to my table. I pull out some fire and proceed to put concentrates both inside and outside my joint. At 3am i can barely walk up the stairs, upon getting out, i see that some oblivious sheep are being herded there even after doors have been closed by the key. Well, gotta make money:D

DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

enjoying this read so much, spannabis cant come soon enough!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Papi

Post by Papi »

DAY 5 - Vamos a la casa

Morning finds me completely cottonmouthed, i think i'm still a bit fucked, cause i've slept maybe 4,5hrs, but anyway, i have to get home today, so gotta pack my stuff and head out to the town. My flight is leaving late evening so i still have some time to get properly into the sunday mood. I start my day by finishing off some of the Protenazine and getting ready. Unfortunately my Spanish bong won't be coming with me as the hotel staff broke it the only day i left it in the room. I curse a bit, and smoke a joint inside the room to calm myself down a bit. By 10:30 i'm already cruising down the streets towards Alcatraz with 365 on the way

Blueberry Cookies Shatter

Then i'm off to La Kalada for a meet-up with my American friend, taking the pier road of course.

I arrive just after they open and my friend comes in just after i sit myself down and grab a bong from their new collection.

He says "you hooked me up with some amazing places, i'll make sure you get a proper send-off". He has about 2hrs before some arrangements and he brings some of the big guns to the table by grabbing 3 jars of Grateful Breath, Zombie Kush and Green Crack Extreme. He also throws some concentrates on the table along with a dab rig. I know i won't be using much of a bong with all that setup so we proceed to roll some twax, oil-dripping joints with what Barcelona (and California) has to offer (and some dabs in between)

The send-off sesh is really fucking intense, our hands are sticky and we try to keep the oil from dripping, but it's hard to do when you smoke 2 oily fuckers between the 2 of you and the owner of the place keeps handing you dabs. I somehow manage to leave La Kalada just after 4:20, say goodbye to my friend and slowly (for my usual Usain Bolt pace) proceed to The Backyard for a final carnage.
Backyard is basically empty so i sit down next to Tangie and shortly after some of the staff join me in utter destruction. I happen to notice that my old metal grinder broke so there's no way to transport it with kief back home. Well, i figured i can use it for supercharging my joints even more:) The final send-off session commences for good 3,5 hours.

Around 20 minutes before my departure, i'm asked by the staff about my departure time. After the answer i got a smile and silence. Well, 5 mins before my time i started saying goodbyes to everyone and gathering my shit one of them comes to me with 0.4gram dab and says "that's for the flight back home". I take like 6 proper hits but i clean this nice terpy lump and stagger towards my bus stop completely fucked.
Adios Barcelona, see you at Spannabis.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Nice reporting cabron! Really enjoyed reading that and hope you do a TR for your Cali trip? :mrgreen:
macky

Post by macky »

Nice read ,like skittles jar :D They sell nettella chronic here and netteilla is issuing letters to dispenseres from there lawyers :lol:
See a lot cigarette packs not big on rooms full of ziggy smoke but the buds look nice.
Papi

Post by Papi »

macky wrote: Sun 28th Jan 2018 10:13 pm Nice read ,like skittles jar :D They sell nettella chronic here and netteilla is issuing letters to dispenseres from there lawyers :lol:
See a lot cigarette packs not big on rooms full of ziggy smoke but the buds look nice.
The smoke extractors in clubs are the shit, they have to get some A-grade stuff for it, so you don't smell like cigs
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Nice report, top pics, Big fan of Rippers Zombie Kush. 8)
Papi

Post by Papi »

Kermit wrote: Mon 29th Jan 2018 01:19 am Nice report, top pics, Big fan of Rippers Zombie Kush. 8)
Really good example that one