Life Report-420 week special

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Pierre von Mondragon

Life Report-420 week special

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

I haven't really done any trip reports since I got here, since I'm not on a trip, and don't want to be too in anybody's face about lucking out and living here, for however long it turns out to be. But 420 week is different, so I'll try and recall and relay as many impressions of the week and a bit just been.

Saturday 14th. Amongst all the pre-420 chat I found out about a 20th anniversary screening of The Big Lebowski from Comus, cheers, bought a ticket, and made my way in... To find that the screening was actually on the 15th, my fault for not really reading the ticket. Had a consolatory De Koninck on the Ij-front bar with this view

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I had picked up a Banana Space Cake from High Society in Leiden the night before, and had it about 3 or 4ish
However I knew via ACD chat and the official 420 list of things that the evening was not going to be a bust, so headed to Voyagers to pick up a little something, which turned out to be the Sour Casey, 10 e, pretty bang on for the money, I also had some 24k from HS, and various nuggets of hashery on me. Saw a dude buying weed that caused me to instantly intuit that this was Comus, so I asked, and it was. Said Hi, and I had a swift toot before heading to Batavia, he had settling in to sort out.

Into Batavia to be greeted by the Copenhagen Couple and Nugs, and then there was syrup, and there was laughing and chat and a wee dab or two, Weihenstephaner and more. Comus popped in then popped back out again, but the rest of the night is on the vague side, apart from the Tim Ingold chat with CCC.
Proof that the best nights are always that bit more random, I might have decided to save my train fare etc had I noticed the film wasn't on, but I'd have been wrong on a whole other level.
Last edited by Pierre von Mondragon on Fri 27th Apr 2018 01:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RoMoney

Re: Life Report-420 week special

Post by RoMoney »

Lovely share Pierre, great to meet you.

I was trawling the chat archive to try and put my memories in a coherent timeline and you win my prize for the quip of 420 on the chat. 2stick said he couldn't stands Barney's as they were playing Eurotechno and the response of "could be worse, could be Eurotrance" actually made me LOL. Kudos.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Pierre von Mondragon

RoMoney wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 01:20 pm Lovely share Pierre, great to meet you.

I was trawling the chat archive to try and put my memories in a coherent timeline and you win my prize for the quip of 420 on the chat. 2stick said he couldn't stands Barney's as they were playing Eurotechno and the response of "could be worse, could be Eurotrance" actually made me LOL. Kudos.
Hahaha, I mind that now, it can always be worse
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 02:03 pm
RoMoney wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 01:20 pm Lovely share Pierre, great to meet you.

Psytrance?
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

PvM- cheers for the pics and write-up.
nothing like a little light reading to go along with a space cake. :)
we're constantly re-living Big Lebowski via a movie-quote-a-palooza over on its facebook page.
Pierre von Mondragon

RoMoney wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 02:35 pm
Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 02:03 pm

Psytrance?
Country psytrance!

Cheers ES, light I wish! Yeah, TBL is full of great lines, I find Repo Man to be even quotier, if that's a word... how I yearn to see that on the big screen.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

The Big Lebowski is excellent, to be sure; however, Supertroopers is one of my favorites!
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 03:08 pm Cheers ES, light I wish!
...and that's what you get for dabbling in the dialectics :)
Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 03:08 pmYeah, TBL is full of great lines, I find Repo Man to be even quotier, if that's a word... how I yearn to see that on the big screen.
just saw repo a couple of weeks ago for the first time in decades, and had forgot how many great/classic lines are in there...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087995/quotes
LLMReb wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 07:34 pm The Big Lebowski is excellent, to be sure; however, Supertroopers is one of my favorites!
also a classic. there's a sequel now- https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/super_troopers_2/
Pierre von Mondragon

EasilySuede wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 09:56 pm
Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 03:08 pm Cheers ES, light I wish!
...and that's what you get for dabbling in the dialectics :)
*Sobs*
Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Fri 27th Apr 2018 03:08 pmYeah, TBL is full of great lines, I find Repo Man to be even quotier, if that's a word... how I yearn to see that on the big screen.
just saw repo a couple of weeks ago for the first time in decades, and had forgot how many great/classic lines are in there...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087995/quotes
"-Nice friends you have there Otto

-Thanks, I made them myself..."
HashyH

Post by HashyH »

Yay, a fellow Minilogue owner..
Like the knobs, thinking about replacing the ones on mine as the faint indents are a nuisance to see in poor light.
Pierre von Mondragon

HashyH wrote: Sat 28th Apr 2018 02:39 pm Yay, a fellow Minilogue owner..
Like the knobs, thinking about replacing the ones on mine as the faint indents are a nuisance to see in poor light.
Best synth on the market at anywhere near its price!

Yeah, I just got pissed off using it in subdued stoned light, and swapped most of the knobs with my ME 50 multiFX, and a couple from another fuzz and distortion for the filter section, makes all the difference, plus the original knobs are the most boring bit of the design anyway, I saw some good mods on the FB Minilogue page.

What else is yer set up? My core is a Beatstep Pro, MS 20 mini, the Minilogue, and cheap ass Volca Beats and Sample, until I finish uni and start working again, at least.
HashyH

Post by HashyH »

Agreed, the minilogue is so versatile, nothing touches it in its price bracket.

Picked up quite a bit of gear over the years, sold some bits along the way.

Currently my setup is
Minilogue, ms20mini & sq1, volca beats, bass and keys, cyclone analogic tt303 (analogue 303 replica, the absolute nuts!!), arturia drumbrute, roland r70 (good drum machine from the 90s, really solid, full of different kits ranging from tr808/909 to acoustic kits, percussion etc), roland jx305 (bought one when they came out in 98/99, a bit like the mc505 but with keys, great workstation and standalone MIDI sequencer), korg m2500 micropreset synth from the 70s. Also use reverb and delays from strymon, a soundcraft desk with 12io interface built in. Everything gets recorded onto FL on windows. Also got some guitars, amps and a couple of basses.

Used to own - Roland Juno 6, Korg MS10, Arp Axxe.

Anyway sorry to hijack your thread with synth geekery but I couldn't not comment on the mlog :P
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

make a thread and post some music!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Pierre von Mondragon

HashyH wrote: Sat 28th Apr 2018 03:30 pm Agreed, the minilogue is so versatile, nothing touches it in its price bracket.

Picked up quite a bit of gear over the years, sold some bits along the way.

Currently my setup is
Minilogue, ms20mini & sq1, volca beats, bass and keys, cyclone analogic tt303 (analogue 303 replica, the absolute nuts!!), arturia drumbrute, roland r70 (good drum machine from the 90s, really solid, full of different kits ranging from tr808/909 to acoustic kits, percussion etc), roland jx305 (bought one when they came out in 98/99, a bit like the mc505 but with keys, great workstation and standalone MIDI sequencer), korg m2500 micropreset synth from the 70s. Also use reverb and delays from strymon, a soundcraft desk with 12io interface built in. Everything gets recorded onto FL on windows. Also got some guitars, amps and a couple of basses.

Used to own - Roland Juno 6, Korg MS10, Arp Axxe.

Anyway sorry to hijack your thread with synth geekery but I couldn't not comment on the mlog :P
I don't mind, far from it, nice set up

Could do Shaggy, all my shit is on Bandcamp etc
Devore

Post by Devore »

Thanks for the write up mate. Was great to meet you!