My High Times Cannabis Cup Weekend

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
RoMoney

My High Times Cannabis Cup Weekend

Post by RoMoney »

Usual caveats about accuracy of info apply. Also I didn't take many photos so I used the ones from my Instagram stories.

Landed in Schipol before 9:30pm. There was a Damlifegang Sesh organised in the Plug from 5pm-midnight but given I'd be blazing all day and knew I'd have a stoneover by the time I got there and would not want to deal with a crowd, I got the 397 Leidseplein bus and jumped off a few stops before at the Olmpic Stadium in Amsterdam Zuid. Down these parts there are only two coffeeshops but both are decent. I went to DNA Coffeeshops first which is one of the coffeeshops that sells Amsterdam genetics so if you're ever down south and like the Boere stuff, come here. I came specifically to get some of the Amsterdam Genetics White Choco Block Hash. Place was quite busy of a Thursday evening, with 4 bud tenders working. I got €20 of the hash (€8.5/g) and headed off down to De Kade (2 mins away).

On the way I remember the sky being that darker colour where it's not bright but it's not dark either, I was power walking a bit (hadn't had a smoke in a few hours and was anxious to have one - classic selfish druggie behaviour) and thought, yaaas, we are back......hurtling around magical Mokum on missions! I got to De Kade and took some White Widow (2g - €15) and Purple Chemdawg (2g €14/g) and I rolled out a joint of pure white widow laced with white choco block hash, light it up, took a massive toke and sat back to take in De Kade and the locals there blazing and arguing about the football. After a joint and a half I walked back around to DNA to get some Big Buddha Cheese (2g, think it was €11/g) and it was off to Vondel to check in. As I ventured through Zuid and up towards Vondel, it was darker but still nice and warm, I was now nicely stoned and happy out. At the hostel I checked in and hit the smoking room til 2am.

The next morning the plan was to hit Bluebird for wake and bake, however, I was up too early and after a joint in the smoking room I was off out to the Plug as it was open earlier.

I met up with Kenshiro at Dam Sq and we went to the Plug, after an initial delay they opened and we got in. Some OG Reekin, a lot of staring around, observations about the fridge having survived the decorators and some moaning about the seats being shit, they are really narrow, like Dutch stairs. Great to see such a large menu with a lot of Dutch grown US strains, would need a few days to try a lot of them and didn't have that chance this trip.

After the Plug we swung by Paradox where I got a gram of Cannalope (€11 or 12€) and I went to the Damlifegang sesh in Prix D'ami, as the Warwickshire crew were there and wanted to pop in as had met them at Spannabis. Got asked for id before passing through the metal detector and went upstairs to the sesh, had a complimentary dab, acquired a gram of Super Orange Glue shatter (€60/g) and networked a bit with the "Insta Canna Fam" :D

From here I went to meet Ken-san again and we went to La Grotte for food and more consumption of cannabis. From here we made our way to Baba to meet LLMReb for the ACD T&T, Baba is pretty cool, I would defo back. Got the Cheese (€20, €13.5/g) I think as has been said here by many before as they are further out they are forced to make more of an effort. From here it was back to the hostel to chill, shower and eat. That evening I ventured back down south to De Kade and got 2g more of the White Widow and 2g G13 (12/g I think) before going to Beatrix park to chill in the sun. Later I went for fries, I ate very badly this trip, and back to the hostel for a few smokes with some of the guys I know there before hitting the hay around midnight, like a sensible soul.

Saturday morning I managed to execute my Friday morning plan and I went to the Bluebird before wasting an hour helping two old Argentinians navigate online checkin. Got to Bluebird where I got a Super Skunk value bag (€35 for 4.4g) and had a joint. I like the new verison, it's more spacey and bright but still has character. It's still one of my favourite coffeeshops. I think it survived the renovations better than The Plug from a comfort perspective. Seems to be the same staff here too so I assume it's still the same Welsh guy who owns it. From Bluebird I was off down to Neumarkt and across to Harleemerstratt to meet Ken-san at La Grotte again for breakfast and cannabis consumption. Nugs met us there and we proceeded to Hill St Blues, where the rig packing Nugs fired up the dab train. Nugs managed to talk me into going on the Ambrosia boat trip and I was assured we would not be stuck on the boat until 8pm and there would be a stop halfway :lol: We went to the boat via Batavia where we met another boat bound stoner from Scotland. The boat party was great, massive boat, loads of stoners, free food, free dabs and it was sunny all day. There was however no halfway stop so we were stuck on the boat for 5 hours and it was feeling hostagey towards the end :) Met some great people throughout the day and defo got my Vitamin D supply for a few weeks.

From the boat I went to Nude Burger Club for some angus with gorgonzola, then to 420 Cafe for a joint and a coffee before heading back to Bluebird to get another value bag of Super Skunk (€35 4.4g). It was off to Batavia then to meet Ken, Nugs and Pierre for more smoking of the weed. I was in Batavia a few times this trip, I still don't get it's popularity. I'd take Hill Street Blues any day over it. Left here late and went to KFC with Ken-san for a healthy snack before retiring to the hostel for another joint and my bed.

The next morning I was up and putting hash and shatter in my joints to try and get through the stuff, I had been smoking the shatter on or in joints every night apart from a few dabs here and there, but today we had stash to slash through so we were on it from the get go. After a shower and a hostel joint I was off to Bhageera, hurtling down the grachts in the Amsterdam summer sun, thinking what a fucking great day to be alive. The lack of blue cheese in Bhageera did not dampen my mood and it was off to Voyagers where I got some Fromage Blue before hitting La Grotte for the last supper with Ken-san before grabbing a cake from Paradox, meeting Nugs and going to Batavia for more joints, before saying my goodbyes and going to swing by The Plug and say a quick hello to someone from Insta. I did a lot of networking this trip. Stoners we have been hiding in our direct friends circles for years. With Instagram it's opening up all these groups to each other and by networking you will only improve your knowledge and access, it's been a great journey for me connecting with people local, across Europe and indeed globally. ACD is like that too, but just not on the same scale. After the Plug, I went to the hostel, had a few joints, said goodbye to some of the guys there and rocked down to De Kade and got some Holy Grail (€15 €12/g). Had some joints there and by the lake close by before getting a bus to Schipol, having my last joint outside, and entering to eat a Burger King and a space cake. Through to departures, and I was melting, the only way to be in departures!

Thanks to the ACD'ers I met....Kenshiro, Nugs, Gapie, Pierre Van Mondragon, LLMReb and the random dude on the boat party who knew my username but I don't remember his, apologies man if you read this, nice meeting you! Thanks to my brethren up at the hostel in Vondel, living the dream in Amsterdam and thanks to all the Instagram folk I met over the weekend.

But most important, thank you Amsterdam, I love you.

Next Stop Eindhoven.

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Kermit

Re: My High Times Cannabis Cup Weekend

Post by Kermit »

Top trip report and great pics, Just what a stoner needs after a week away grafting with piss heads (sorry just wallowed in my own self pity a bit and drifted away).

8)
kalima

Post by kalima »

Great write up as always, sounds like you had a fun trip, and going top have to try and check out De Kade next time I am over there :). What did you think about the plug? lots of names but I wasn't really impressed with what I saw there for price, bi=ut maybe we were there on an off day :)
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great read about your goings-on. While I tended to my tantrum infused 2 year old, I hoped you and Ken and DLN were living the high life.

The good news is that my wife agreed I need a solo AMS trip.

I regret not spending more time. Y’all were fun and interesting.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Kermit wrote: Tue 17th Jul 2018 02:50 pm Top trip report and great pics, Just what a stoner needs after a week away grafting with piss heads (sorry just wallowed in my own self pity a bit and drifted away).

8)
Gotta hate them piss heads, as you can imagine I have to navigate quite a few of them over here as well :lol:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

kalima wrote: Tue 17th Jul 2018 03:08 pm Great write up as always, sounds like you had a fun trip, and going top have to try and check out De Kade next time I am over there :). What did you think about the plug? lots of names but I wasn't really impressed with what I saw there for price, bi=ut maybe we were there on an off day :)
I didn't look at much in the Plug so couldn't real give a fair assessment. De Kade is a cool spot, I like the quieter Coffeeshops as I get older :D
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

LLMReb wrote: Wed 18th Jul 2018 12:56 am Great read about your goings-on. While I tended to my tantrum infused 2 year old, I hoped you and Ken and DLN were living the high life.

I imagine the logistics of transatlantic travel with a child can be interesting :) Good to meet you man, we might see you again some time ovet there.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

RoMoney wrote: Wed 18th Jul 2018 04:55 pm
LLMReb wrote: Wed 18th Jul 2018 12:56 am Great read about your goings-on. While I tended to my tantrum infused 2 year old, I hoped you and Ken and DLN were living the high life.

I imagine the logistics of transatlantic travel with a child can be interesting :) Good to meet you man, we might see you again some time ovet there.
You are always welcome at 40 degree Celsius Houston, Texas!
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Nice write up man and a pleasure to be in your company again, good times! you make some serious ground as a footsoldier too ,good work man.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Lovely stuff!!
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Ro, you walk everywhere???
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

some serious milage bro!

great read, felt like i was right there with you

looking forward to reading about Eindhoven
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
kalima

Post by kalima »

RoMoney wrote: Wed 18th Jul 2018 04:54 pm
kalima wrote: Tue 17th Jul 2018 03:08 pm Great write up as always, sounds like you had a fun trip, and going top have to try and check out De Kade next time I am over there :). What did you think about the plug? lots of names but I wasn't really impressed with what I saw there for price, bi=ut maybe we were there on an off day :)
I didn't look at much in the Plug so couldn't real give a fair assessment. De Kade is a cool spot, I like the quieter Coffeeshops as I get older :D
you and me both mate :wink: I like the quieter more open coffeeshops or outside seating on a dry day , prefer to see Amsterdam than a wall :)
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

LLMReb wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 12:10 am Ro, you walk everywhere???
I tend to. In winter I use the trams a bit but when I'm stoned and it's sunny, I prefer walking. You've met me, I'm pretty lean so not much to carry around :lol: Also I walk everywhere back home so the legs are well used to it. I don't even have a driving licence :lol:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 01:06 pm
LLMReb wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 12:10 am Ro, you walk everywhere???
I tend to. In winter I use the trams a bit but when I'm stoned and it's sunny, I prefer walking. You've met me, I'm pretty lean so not much to carry around :lol: Also I walk everywhere back home so the legs are well used to it. I don't even have a driving licence :lol:
i am basically the same, i love walking through cities looking at the building and seeing what people are up to... genrally soaking up the vibe
ignoring spellcheck since 1986