My High Times Cannabis Cup Weekend

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
LLMReb

Re: My High Times Cannabis Cup Weekend

Post by LLMReb »

RoMoney wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 01:06 pm
LLMReb wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 12:10 am Ro, you walk everywhere???
I tend to. In winter I use the trams a bit but when I'm stoned and it's sunny, I prefer walking. You've met me, I'm pretty lean so not much to carry around :lol: Also I walk everywhere back home so the legs are well used to it. I don't even have a driving licence :lol:
No disrespect at all (I don't think you took it that way, but wanted to be clear). I love walking that city. I rented a Bike just to come out to Baba b/c it was a long walk. I didn't mind getting there, but I needed to return faster than the 50 min. walk necessary to return, hence, bike. But some of these walks you are on are fairly long. 1+ hour from De Kade to Baba is impressive.

We walk pretty much everywhere, too. My wife does not care for the bike. My son, however, enjoys it. Mac Bike rents bikes with child seats.

A few trips ago I realized that so many destinations in AMS are about 15 min. from the next. Rembrantsplein to, say, La Tertulia - 15 min. La Tertulia to the child's playground near Siberie - 15 min. Rembrandtsplein to Bluebird . . . yep, 15 min.

RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

LLMReb wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 02:36 pm
RoMoney wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 01:06 pm
LLMReb wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 12:10 am Ro, you walk everywhere???
I tend to. In winter I use the trams a bit but when I'm stoned and it's sunny, I prefer walking. You've met me, I'm pretty lean so not much to carry around :lol: Also I walk everywhere back home so the legs are well used to it. I don't even have a driving licence :lol:
No disrespect at all (I don't think you took it that way, but wanted to be clear). I love walking that city. I rented a Bike just to come out to Baba b/c it was a long walk. I didn't mind getting there, but I needed to return faster than the 50 min. walk necessary to return, hence, bike. But some of these walks you are on are fairly long. 1+ hour from De Kade to Baba is impressive.

We walk pretty much everywhere, too. My wife does not care for the bike. My son, however, enjoys it. Mac Bike rents bikes with child seats.

A few trips ago I realized that so many destinations in AMS are about 15 min. from the next. Rembrantsplein to, say, La Tertulia - 15 min. La Tertulia to the child's playground near Siberie - 15 min. Rembrandtsplein to Bluebird . . . yep, 15 min.
Absolutely none taken man!

Yep, Amsterdam is compact and most things are not too far. It's one thing which makes Barca a bit more challenging for a pedestrian those walks increase to 30-40+ minutes sometimes which when you're stoned can wear you down a bit. Even an avid pedestrian like myself :)
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Nice report man, good to catch you, that orange stuff was bomb in the Dynavap, cheers. I can't say why many prefer Batavia to HSB, as I've not been in the latter since it was a c/s, and that back in 2007, but Batavia has decent selection of drink, good scran, nae too many dobbers, and close to the station, so good spot for a finishing up or starting off. Does HSB have a good beer menu?
It's only since I moved here that I've gone for the smoker's bars, when I visited on holidays I resented any time not shmokehounding around, but now I like the balance of a bit of noth, plus the world of beers has caught up with the world of strains, and now is as full of crazy flavours etc.