TC's TRIP REPORTS (Trip#8 - LIVE "The Return" - starts pg 87)

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
TwoCanucks

Re: TWOCANUCKS TRIP REPORTS (Trip#7 Nov 2013 recap starts pg

Post by TwoCanucks »

No time in life for his type of commentary, theres better people out there. I ignore him now.

Amsterdam dreaming.............
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

treetop wrote:
Adamster wrote:
TwoCanucks wrote:Hoping for power and heat for xmas morning, been without both since midnight Saturday.

It was -20c last night, expecting the same or worse tonight.

5 people dead, going to be many many more freezing to death or from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Scary times right now.

....and a tree fell on our house Saturday too...with another massive limb teetering over our living room.

This is the worst Christmas ever ...not a happy time right now.
Pff..That nothing...We was out of power 17days in 1997 :roll: Nobody cried life went on...WE didnt need help from anyone either ..Let me guess you guy called in the army once again ? lamos from ontario :roll:
17 days? pfff. that's nothing. In the great winter storm of 1987 we went without power for 40 days and nights. WE didn't feel the need to boast about it either.... Let me guess you called for your mommies again? lamos from Nova Scotia
:roll: Dude i aint from Nova scotia and Yes ppl there r Lamos ;) Want talk of power? i lived in the wood for 10years no water no power ..not by choice but cause of my parent took that choice :roll: and by the way im from an iceberg :mrgreen: and my mother been dead since 1981 :roll:
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

pissing in the wind
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Jinxy

Post by Jinxy »

finally able to remember my password for my login else i'd replied earlier on here...

TC- great trip report so far...although wasnt ther some dude at 1ehulp that seemed to be knocking himself against a wall while we were on the way out or was i imagining that... :mrgreen: anyhow carnt wait fer the next installment even though i was there yer reports help me remember :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: Great times !

Also that storm over the holidays was a real BITCH and anyone saying that having no power over Christmas is easy is full of shit!! This ice storm was brutal and should have been declared a state of emergency anyone saying any other weren't there and weren't living it! alot of people were really struggling!

anyhow HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone and special SALUT to those I got to meet on the last trip!
Cheers to Colorado fer getting it right! :D
Puff'n on J's since 1990
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Thursday, November 28th, 2013

Day 1 - Part 2

It's really dark.

The only thing I can hear is the scratching of tram wheels on the track making the long turn into Centraal Station. Putting the pieces together, we somehow managed to finally check into Voyagers following our 4:20 smokeout.

Rubbing away the cobwebs, wow that was an amazing power nap. Time to get up and on the go, time to get day one back on the rails, so to speak. Shower, nap and change of clothes was the perfect remedy.

I think its around 7-8pm so we crashed for a couple hours which was needed.

We need food so its off to the Damrak and the Holiday Market. Booth after booth stocked with chocolates, pastries, beer gardens and food counters. There were these huge BBQ pit style cookers - a meat eaters' paradise. Sausages and hot dogs, steaks on a bun, burgers... it was awesome.

Jinxy wants a beer and I agree, so Batavia is the next stop. The Jupilers were cold and the Heinekin very tastey. Settled into the smoking room for a pint and couple of darts. We sit by the window and watch the flow of potheads stream through Voyagers.

Back to across the canal and grab 2.5 grams of Kaligria for 30e and settle in for a massive smoking session.

Hide from Japan is here, but no sign of Tomoya. They are both great guys, met them last year, so it was fun to catch up again.

Theres the obvious language difference, which in the end doesnt really matter because we are all just pot heads. Hide is showing his purchases for the day. Somehow he always manages to get around and buy all the best stuff. He has a gift for Mrs TC which was very thoughful and much appreciated, thank you Hide!

We start smoking jammers of headband, and I bring out the shatter from 1e Hulp. The shatter is strong. I break off little pieces and melt it onto the joint. It bubbles as the joint burns and gives off a lovely smell. The shatter is voted a success!

Omnibuzz begins rolling the joints, and thats when I believe the first fire alarm sounded. Omnibuzz is a fun fella, we spent a lot of the next three days getting high together. Dude rolls a great joint, and I'm pretty sure his eyes were completely shut most of the time. Good times!!!

Every now and then, Danny and Highly Blessed yell out a Cannabis Cup result. This is usually followed by a group reaction from the entire coffeeshop....ranging from sighs and groans to laughs and a legit gasp from someone when Green Place wins with Rolex OG.

At some point, Cisco mentions he's going to Batavia for beers, so we decide to meet up there at 11pm. This gives Jinxy and I time to run to Prix D'ami for a buy and fly. The renovation to PDA is very nice, super sleak and modern. Ample space for groups of all sizes and a menu to match. Decide on 1 gram of Budda Cheese for 12.50e, and 2 grams of Budda Kush for 28e. Both very intriguing from their appearance and aroma. We dont stay, its a buy and fly.

Back to Batavia to meet up with Cisco. Grab a couple of jars and head downstairs to the smoking room. We talk about Cisco being the first person I met from ACD on our first trip many years ago. It was another one of those lovely June afternoons, sitting on the patio of Basjoe, enjoying the day go by and soaking in the sunlight. I joke about how after all these years i still only know Cisco as Cisco...lol, needless to say we reintroduce ourselves and share a chuckle.

I think this is when the loud talking woman makes her appearance. This is an eastern european lass in her mid-20s with a hollywood stereotyped euro-english accent. She's basically yelling at her boyfriend and making quite a scene. When she loses interest in cussing out her man - who actually looked exhausted and deflated from the exchange, poor guy -- her attention for some reason turns to Jinxy. She is yelling across the room about her 4-wheel drive truck or an off-road motorbike.

Jinxy is classic Jinxy here, laughing akwardly and replying in a normal voice: "That's a 250cc engine?"

Gapie then interjects and begins yelling over the yeller and now we have a full on screaming conversation. Holy feck...I look at Cisco and Jinxy...all three of us nod knowingly....time to pull the plug on Batavia. We say our goodbyes and call it a night on Day 1.

Purchase recap Day 1
0.5g, 37.50e, OGxCasey Jones Shatter
2g, 26e, Burmese Kush
1g, 13e, Casey Jones
2g, 22e, Big Buddha Cheese
2g, 28e, Liberty Haze
2g, 32e, Chronic Thunder
1g, 11e, Exodus Cheese
1g, 18e, Morrocan Ice Hash
2g, 30e, Kosher Kush
2g, 30e, Notorious OG
2g, 28e, Shoreline Veg (think i wrote headband, but obv i was high)
1g, 6.50e, Polm
2g, 22e, Royal Cheese
2.5g, 30e, Kaligria
1g, 12.50e, Budda Cheese
2g, 28e, Budda Kush

note: i said less shops, less purchases was the plan, thats almost an oz on day one....errrrrr

Coming Up: Vapes, Trains and the Beach
Last edited by TwoCanucks on Thu 9th Jan 2014 08:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

great update :mrgreen: like the pic of Voyagers :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
treetop

Post by treetop »

Thanks for the update TC. Loved the pic of that green joint. Funnily enough I was in Greenplace that same night and a similar woman to the one you describe was in there giving everyone she could make eye contact with a hard time as well. :lol:
Looking forward to seeing the next instalment. Please no pics of people sleeping on trains though. :oops:
Had no idea Jinxsy was such a trouble-maker. :shock: :lol: :wink:
How much did you produce?
sp_stoner

Post by sp_stoner »

Great report TC, as always!!
Dude rolls a great joint, and I'm pretty sure his eyes were completely shut most of the time. Good times!!!
:lol: this is really funny when it happens. i remember in my last trip to Amsterdam (October 2011, i remember meeting Cisco & Gapie back then, really nice guys) i was in a restaurant with my eyes shut over my steak for 20 minutes! (i know the time because my friend sitting opposite to me told me so. he was LHAO :mrgreen: )
Gapie then interjects and begins yelling over the yeller and now we have a full on screaming conversation. Holy feck...I look at Cisco and Jinxy...all three of us nod knowingly....time to pull the plug on Batavia.
doesn't sound like a pleasant situation... :?
Coming Up: Vapes, Trains and the Beach
I look forward to reading the next instalment! (Bong in the north sea again! :mrgreen: )
damn, i should definitely manage to come to the Cup next year! (missed this one in the last minute :cry: ) you guys are having a BLAST! :twisted:
Papi

Post by Papi »

Hahaha, gapie acts exactly like me, when someone has a problem:D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

thanks TC :mrgreen: keep warm and keep typing :)
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Thanks folks.... TT, never a worry, i never post pics of anyone without their permission, i appreciate the etiquette as im not a face guy either.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

I'm just damn good lookin..makes yer pics credible...lol...great job,keep pushin...
rockin into the night
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Such a great report!! I can't wait for the rest. Thanks!! :D :D :D
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
Mike93

Post by Mike93 »

Thanks for the update :mrgreen: :mrgreen: