Week at Duinrell booked! 19 to 26 August

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
choc0block

Week at Duinrell booked! 19 to 26 August

Post by choc0block »

Hello fellow ACD'ers

I've booked to go for Duinrell for a week.
4 of us in a bungalow, me, better half & 2 boys 13 & 11.

Just wanted to ask who has visited there before and what was it like for them? Enjoyable? Clean? Bike hire OK? Plenty to do?

I can see from the travel plans page that soapy & puffpaddy1980 have visited recently, but the travelogues are lacking in anything Duinrell related.

I'm guilty of not posting any travelogues myself :roll:

My plan is to arrive a day earlier, afternoon flight with an overnight hotel stay in The Hague. The money saved from not going at 6 am on the Friday has paid for the room, but coincidently it also gives me the evening to stock up at Cremers and Dizzy Duck beforehand & then it's just a half hour bus ride on Friday morning to Duinrell.

Any advice or tips Duinrell or coffee shop related would be appreciated.

Only 6 weeks to go :D

madmaxxx

Re: Week at Duinrell booked! 19 to 26 August

Post by madmaxxx »

stock up in the hauge,cause nothing in wassanar,but supermarket in town cheaper than the campsite,kids will enjoy the water park,ect,but cycle over the dunes to the little beach with reasaunts ect if the weather nice,or even to the hauge/shrivenger beach,or take the bus from the campsite to hauge /dam :mrgreen:
choc0block

Post by choc0block »

Thanks Maxxx
Hemlok

Post by Hemlok »

Hi Richie,

This will be our 3rd time in Duinrell 22-26 aug then off to the Dam for 3nts(me,Mrs and 9yr old son) it's a fantastic place, the kids will have a blast especially as they are a bit older, ALL the rides are free, the swimming costs next to nothing for water slides etc, and like max said locally the area is beautiful, the bike rental on site is cheap and the bikes are all in great condition can even hire (speed limited) mopeds if your not feeling the bike vibe so you should'nt have any bother, food shopping wise there is a great shop called Jumbo in Wassenaar just cross the road from the main entrance 15min walk and personally chance for my morning wake and Bake. There are also some great little restaurants along the main street and nearby, everything is close by but again like Max said it's an absolute desert in regard to CS's.

Now onto the important bit ;-) the nearest coffeshops are in Leiden (10k) there are 4 I personally use all clustered around the town centre/square 2 run by same gang (try the Mr bubble if they have it, I'm a heavy med user and it made me wobble) now this is MOST important they don't open until 17:00 and YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR PROOF OF AGE (I'm 45 but look even older and I got asked first time just lucky I still had my passport on me) and they Absolutely stick to the 5grm per day rule, but if you do all 4 should last the week that's what I usually do and still have a little left for a nice reminder when I get home :)

Sorry for rambling on hope you and your family have a great time, if you happen to see a chap with a dark dragon shaped walking stick (usually) wearing a green floppy hat or a black st pauli baseball cap and crocs it's me, always happy to meet a fellow acd'r and burn one down,but no problem if you just want to crack on ;)

Keep safe whatever you do
H
Last edited by Hemlok on Sat 30th Jul 2016 04:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

https://molenmuseumdevalk.nl/en/

this is a cool museum in Leiden, that I think the children will like, you get to climb all the way to the top :D and it closes as the coffee shops open :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
choc0block

Post by choc0block »

Thanks Willjay for the info about the museum.
Think we will all enjoy that. :D

Thanks to Hemlok too for the info 8)
Very much appreciated.
We visited a Jumbo in North Amsterdam in June, they have a great food market there, glad there is one in Wassenaar.

Hope you and your family have a great time too.
I'm really looking forward to going now!

I'll keep an eye out for you and will say hello. As you say it's always nice to meet a fellow ACD'er.
As for me I look like a cross between Dara O'Briain and Uncle Fester :shock:
Hemlok

Post by Hemlok »

Richie Rich wrote: I'll keep an eye out for you and will say hello. As you say it's always nice to meet a fellow ACD'er.
As for me I look like a cross between Dara O'Briain and Uncle Fester :shock:
:D you're very welcome, promise to keep my eye out ;) I just look haggard mate look for the wrinklyest bloke with the most handsome 9yr old in the world ;) I think so anyway.

15 more sleeps!

Keep safe
H
Hemlok

Post by Hemlok »

You have mail ;-)

Hope all is going well :-D