Kings Day 2017

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
dlw

Re: Kings Day 2017

Post by dlw »

You will be disappointed with kings day....not like it used to be

Minxtus

Post by Minxtus »

Whys kings day not the same dlw? Is it because all the festivals have moved to the outskirts?

Where are the best areas to go?

I watched some girls vlog on kings day 2016 and a lot of streets were dead. I think she went to the Jordan area and found some action but no crazy street partys , what a let down :(

Anyone know where the main action is at ?
dlw

Post by dlw »

e been for the last ten years and it has declined so much I am now going on the 12th may.lot of paces are shut is coffee shops and bars...the king wants everything out of the centre
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

dlw wrote: Mon 13th Mar 2017 11:00 am You will be disappointed with kings day....not like it used to be
This will be only our 2nd Queen/King Day :) the first was when the Queen abdicated to her son the King, :D so we don't have a lot to compare too :lol: but we will be in Amsterdam :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
dlw

Post by dlw »

I normally start my dam trip at hill st blues at the market now called home grown fantasy...weed here is cheap in bulk.border afgan 50euros for 18gramms.....then I go to ricks bar/coffee shop.then if you want the walk or tram ride goto leidseplein to rookies bar or 1st hulp.....a walk in the vondel park.......evening in dam is split between ricks bar hill st blues green place or the black lion which has a large smoke room always seats .......hope I havnt put you off kingsdsy but it seems to have lost the electric in the air fro!m previous trips....the gay area is always packed on kings eve.have a good trip dave
dlw

Post by dlw »

dlw wrote: Mon 20th Mar 2017 09:14 am I normally start my dam trip at hill st blues at the market now called home greenhouse effect...weed here is cheap in bulk.border afgan 50euros for 18gramms.....then I go to ricks bar/coffee shop.then if you want the walk or tram ride goto leidseplein to rookies bar or 1st hulp.....a walk in the vondel park.......evening in dam is split between ricks bar hill st blues green place or the black lion which has a large smoke room always seats .......hope I havnt put you off kingsdsy but it seems to have lost the electric in the air fro!m previous trips....the gay area is always packed on kings eve.have a good trip dave
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

In 24 hours we leave for the airport :lol: to start our 40th wedding anniversary trip :D to England, Wales, London, and Amsterdam :mrgreen: lots of stuff being crossed off the bucket list on this trip including the chunnel to Brussels, :) looking forward to meeting some ACDers in London and more in Amsterdam at the BlueBird 10;00am Wednesday April 26 for a T&T :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Willjay wrote: Tue 11th Apr 2017 04:46 pm In 24 hours we leave for the airport :lol: to start our 40th wedding anniversary trip :D to England, Wales, London, and Amsterdam :mrgreen: lots of stuff being crossed off the bucket list on this trip including the chunnel to Brussels, :) looking forward to meeting some ACDers in London and more in Amsterdam at the BlueBird 10;00am Wednesday April 26 for a T&T :mrgreen:
Missing you by one day
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

matty223 wrote: Tue 11th Apr 2017 06:12 pm
Willjay wrote: Tue 11th Apr 2017 04:46 pm In 24 hours we leave for the airport :lol: to start our 40th wedding anniversary trip :D to England, Wales, London, and Amsterdam :mrgreen: lots of stuff being crossed off the bucket list on this trip including the chunnel to Brussels, :) looking forward to meeting some ACDers in London and more in Amsterdam at the BlueBird 10;00am Wednesday April 26 for a T&T :mrgreen:
Missing you by one day
we get to Amsterdam late afternoon on Tuesday if your still around then :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I'll be there! Have a great time. 40 years of marriage is impressive.

Enjoy Salisbury if you go. I really like that town. The cathedral is amazing. Actually, that entire area is a bit magical with Stonehenge to the New Forest just to the South and Old Sarum.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Willjay wrote: Tue 11th Apr 2017 09:10 pm
matty223 wrote: Tue 11th Apr 2017 06:12 pm
Missing you by one day
we get to Amsterdam late afternoon on Tuesday if your still around then :mrgreen:
1045 am flight
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

LLMReb wrote: Tue 11th Apr 2017 09:32 pm I'll be there! Have a great time. 40 years of marriage is impressive.

Enjoy Salisbury if you go. I really like that town. The cathedral is amazing. Actually, that entire area is a bit magical with Stonehenge to the New Forest just to the South and Old Sarum.
We're starting the trip in Salisbury and have a privet tour of Stonehenge with Pat Shelley then we get a car and explore :D
See you on the 26th at BlueBird :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

We walked out of central station around 18:00 dropped bags headed to paradox :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Have a great Kings Day folks :D And the rest of your marathon euro tour. Hope to meet up again one day soon.
What a long strange trip it is.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Willjay wrote: Tue 25th Apr 2017 11:33 pm We walked out of central station around 18:00 dropped bags headed to paradox :mrgreen:
Have a great one in Amsterdam