Kings Day 2017

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Willjay

Kings Day 2017

Post by Willjay »

Robyn and I will be in Amsterdam for Kings day this year :D not 420 :( We found tickets from Delta cheap, leaving from Newark to London April 12 and returning from Amsterdam back to Newark April 29 (open jaw) for $459.00 each, used our points = free tickets :D , riding the rails under the English channel is on our bucket list :mrgreen: right now our plans are to wake up in London on Robyn's Birthday April 24 and go to bed in Holland :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
FlyByNite

Re: Kings Day 2017

Post by FlyByNite »

Posted on the April Whos In Town page.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-WhosIn ... ril.htm#24

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Minor change, we want another day in London so we will arrive Amsterdam on the 25th :mrgreen: How about a T&T to open (10:0am) the BlueBird on Wednesday April 26, 2017 :D
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Dates changed and T&T posted.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Nice 1 :mrgreen: we look forward to seeing you both :mrgreen: the t&t's will not have to wait until Dam :wink: :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

ftcarer wrote:Nice 1 :mrgreen: we look forward to seeing you both :mrgreen: the t&t's will not have to wait until Dam :wink: :mrgreen:
Looking forward to seeing you all as well :mrgreen: 1st part of the trip will start in Salisbury as we have tickets for "Get Up Close To The Stones With Pat Shelley - The Stonehenge Experience" only tour when we are there, booked for the day after we land :lol: rest of the trip is still in the planning stages but looking now like we will be mooching around west England and Wales, then off to London on the 19th to the 25th when we catch the chunnel (hope to use the new direct train) to Amsterdam :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Willjay, i'll keep you posted. We think we are coming king's day, too.

Salisbury is one of my favorite areas, btw. If you like to read historical fiction, Edward Rutherfurd's Sarum is a very good read about that region.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

LLMReb wrote:Willjay, i'll keep you posted. We think we are coming king's day, too.

Salisbury is one of my favorite areas, btw. If you like to read historical fiction, Edward Rutherfurd's Sarum is a very good read about that region.
Thanks for the literary tip :wink: Robyn will pick up a copy of Edward Rutherfurd's London tonight :D and hopefully will be able to get Sarum transferred to our local library :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

London is a good read. But Sarum is better. You can probably pick up paperbacks on Amazon for under $5.

For good AMS historical fiction, check out early David Liss. Very good. Dumas of 3 Muskateer fame wrote a great lesser known work of the tulip market craze - The Black Tulip. Also, back to David Liss, he did a great job of the South Seas Bubble in London; going off top of my head, but i think it is called the Conspiracy of Paper.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

In 58 days we will be in Amsterdam, 59 days to a T&T at the Bluebird 10:00am 60 days to Kings Day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

again it looks like a Great time, :mrgreen: will watch videos later with Robyn :D recognized a couple of the bands names the rest were across the sea :lol: I wonder if the "expert" giving our tour will mention the Stonehenge gatherings
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I'm loving all of this Stonehenge festival talk but seems to be hijacking a King's Day thread. Would you like me to split the thread so we can carry on Stonehenge talk somewhere else?

Edit: Moved here: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 36&t=33504
Comus

Post by Comus »

i was going to suggest that myself. let's make it happen
I'm in shocks and stares
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Lemming wrote: Mon 27th Feb 2017 04:34 pm I'm loving all of this Stonehenge festival talk but seems to be hijacking a King's Day thread. Would you like me to split the thread so we can carry on Stonehenge talk somewhere else?
I do not mind either way, our Kings Day trip is on the end of our Wales,and England trip, including a ride on the Chunnel, lots of things being crossed off the bucket list with this trip, it's all good 8) :D :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Comus

Post by Comus »

where in wales are you thinking of seeing?
I'm in shocks and stares