Frankie Goes To Holland (27 Feb-2 Mar)

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Frankie Goes To Holland (27 Feb-2 Mar)

Post by Frankie_cheeseboy ;) »

Not long now until we go again :mrgreen: My mate and I will be staying in Haarlem and the plan (so far) is to visit Amsterdam on the Tuesday and Wednesday. Want to get out of my comfort zone this time and try 1 or 2 coffeeshops I don't normally go to (usually stick to the one on Haarlemerstraat as a rule eg Greenhouse, Dampkring etc). Might go to Grey Area I haven't been there for about 10 years!
Have also been trying to put together a 'shopping list' of strains for both weed and hash, heres what i got so far:
Kandy Kush
AK choco block
White choco block
Shoreline
Cookies Kush
Tbizla
If anyones got any recommendations (for strains and/or coffeeshops in and around the centrum) I'd appreciate the input :thumbup:

OneHighMofo

Re: Frankie Goes To Holland (27 Feb-2 Mar)

Post by OneHighMofo »

Best thing to do would be to read through the recent travelogues before you head off. See what people favour.

Voyagers, sibierie, 137, utopia, 1e Hulp would be my choices for central locations.

Personally I'd stay away from barneys and greenhouse - they're far too expensive.
My advice would be get out of the centre and explore the Spui district or Albert Cuyp area (de pijp) to the south.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Or go West to Boerejongens West & De Bij, still IMHO best quality to price of any CS in Holland. They also have a location on the Utrechtsestraat just off of Rembrandtplein, if you can't be arsed to to venture that far out – however, certain (not all) strains are priced higher at that location as a result of a more tourist/less-local clientele and higher rent in that area.

Actually if you're in Haarlem also check out Le Regine or whatever it's called, believe it's owned by the Amsterdam Genetics family as well (or closely affiliated).
ysmugu

Post by ysmugu »

Have not been to Haarlem for years and am considering going next trip, be interested to hear what you got to report back.

As others said it's best read some of the recent trip reports before you go as prices and quality changes. If you like it around the Harlemmerstraat area then it's worth walking a little further to shops like Siberie and 137.

Enjoy man!
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Thanks for the heads-up OHMF. Was considering checking out Voyagers and Utopia (just glad it avoided the chop)
Wouldn't mind checking the south out read a lot about the coffeeshops in that area (shame I missed out on de Graal :( ) would just depend on what we decide to do. My mate might be persuaded if i suggested we take a tram doubt he'd be up for a long walk after a smoke ;)
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 11th Feb 2017 12:41 pm Or go West to Boerejongens West & De Bij, still IMHO best quality to price of any CS in Holland. They also have a location on the Utrechtsestraat just off of Rembrandtplein, if you can't be arsed to to venture that far out – however, certain (not all) strains are priced higher at that location as a result of a more tourist/less-local clientele and higher rent in that area.

Actually if you're in Haarlem also check out Le Regine or whatever it's called, believe it's owned by the Amsterdam Genetics family as well (or closely affiliated).
Ah thanks for that, not been to Regine before, will check it out, probably on the first day, that way if i get anything i want more of I can always go back
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

ysmugu wrote: Sat 11th Feb 2017 12:58 pm Have not been to Haarlem for years and am considering going next trip, be interested to hear what you got to report back.

As others said it's best read some of the recent trip reports before you go as prices and quality changes. If you like it around the Harlemmerstraat area then it's worth walking a little further to shops like Siberie and 137.

Enjoy man!
Cheers buddy. Remember when I started going back to Holland in 2014 i wasn't too sure tourists were still allowed in Haarlem coffeeshops. Ended up emailing the owner of the birdy to see what the situation was (all good was the answer). The only difference to the shops is that the budtenders have to buzz people in, probably part of an agreement between the coffeeshops and city council.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Frankie_cheeseboy ;) wrote: Sat 11th Feb 2017 01:08 pm Thanks for the heads-up OHMF. Was considering checking out Voyagers and Utopia (just glad it avoided the chop)
Wouldn't mind checking the south out read a lot about the coffeeshops in that area (shame I missed out on de Graal :( ) would just depend on what we decide to do. My mate might be persuaded if i suggested we take a tram doubt he'd be up for a long walk after a smoke ;)
Have fun bro - my advice would be to rent bikes. You'll be able to cover every coffeeshop in town in a single day if you really want to and will never walk a step on those fecking cobbles.

The south always seems a lot further than it actually is. From Dam Square down to Boerejongens central at Utrechstraat is perhaps a 10-15 minute walk? Same again down to De Pijp.

The number 4 tram from Damrak will take you right past Boerejongens and then down to De Pijp. The number 2 from Central station heads south down through the Spui area and has a fuck-ton of Coffeeshops to jump off at along the way.
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Awesome man thanks for that. Personally I'd be up for the walk, the bike idea sounds good though jus smoke n ride (not at once though lol). Even if we don't get round to going down de Pijp its definitely somewhere I'd explore if i ever did a solo trip.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sat 11th Feb 2017 01:47 pmThe south always seems a lot further than it actually is. From Dam Square down to Boerejongens central at Utrechstraat is perhaps a 10-15 minute walk? Same again down to De Pijp.
Google Maps confirms all of this, for the lazy.
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Good stuff never even thought of plotting a route on maps. Looking at where Boerejongens Utrechtsestraat is that would be the perfect stop off on the way to de Pijp.
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Have a good trip mate. Regine in Haarlem does indeed have the Amsterdam Genetics line and the block hashes akin to Boerejongens, so that's a couple off your list 👍
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Thanks BongHug82 deffo goin there on the first day now :wink:
jayjayseya

Post by jayjayseya »

Haarlem is a regular stop for me , love the relaxed feel there and normally better prices and sometimes better weed , gotta hit birdys they always have top weed and some nice bits of hash , dunno if they're doing jelly anymore but that was top , and Willie wortels sinsemilla is ace to hAng out in massive Coffeeshop with pool plenty of chairs and sofas great for big groups or for a less cramped smoke and regime has some top block hashes at the moment , you can get white choco block from there and they have some nice flowers 🌺

In Amsterdam you could try Picassos cs , nice lil hang out not a great selection but good atmosphere
Siberie as others have said for the hash and flowers and CBD strains
But if you can get down the south of dam , don't miss club media , katsu and Ibiza if your wanting to chill ,
Or head to the west to 1e hulp , boerejongens, Mr k

Just avoid the tourist traps and check what your buying 👐🏼✌️🍁🍁 enjoy 👍🏼
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Thanks mate only put this thread up about 6 hours ago n already had loads of helpful info. Wortels sinsemilia has pretty much always been and will be the first port of call (bar the few times I've stayed in amsterdam) got some haarlem diesel from there last time probably one of the best from the whole trip. On the whole Haarlems just an amazing place, don't get me wrong i buzz off amsterdam but haarlem just feels more chilled compared to the city feel you get with a'dam