Where should we celebrate 4:20 on 4/20?

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Where should we celebrate 4:20 on 4/20

Post by Lemming »

Some good suggestions here. Thanks people.

A quick recap for anyone not up to speed:

From 2006 to 2014 we established a firm tradition of gathering in the 420 Cafe for 4:20 and then moving on to 't Nes for the evening.

Then 420 Cafe's hours were restricted and 't Nes closed altogether.

Since then we've been floundering a bit.

Last year we went to the new 420 Coffeeshop (formerly Dutch Flowers). The coffeeshop provided the traditional giant joints at 4:20 and the sun was shining but it wasn't entirely satisfactory. It's a very small shop and some of our crew headed off elsewhere.

Personally, I think we should choose somewhere fairly central and reasonably large. Based on the current list I'd predict around 20 of us will turn up.

Much as I love 137, I wonder whether it's a bit too far out. It's also not very big. Funky Munkey is also quite a way from the centre.

Spirit is at least quite big and we've had good sessions there before. Also not particularly central but maybe that's OK so long as everyone can find it and get there.

What do you think of Dampkring 2 these days? I used to love the old Pink Floyd but I don't think I've been there since. It's got plenty of space and is fairly central and easy to find.

If it doesn't have to be a coffeeshop then Batavia and Cannabis College both have a lot to be said for them.

Anyway, keep posting the suggestions. We'll see if a consensus emerges and, if not, maybe start a poll.

macky

Re: Where should we celebrate 4:20 on 4/20?

Post by macky »

Dampking 2 is big alright Lem but if it's busy there's no over flow .
Siberia has standing room inside and out ,not to keen on there gear though.
I threw another email Smokeboat asked if at 420 they would take us out ..
Heard back fast last time should hear tommrow :mrgreen:
tinky

Post by tinky »

macky wrote: Wed 15th Mar 2017 11:20 pm Dampking 2 is big alright Lem but if it's busy there's no over flow .
Boat trip at 420 has plenty of potential to be an epic trip :D :D

Rookies has plenty of space would easily hold 20 of us
macky

Post by macky »

Rookies open at six :D
macky

Post by macky »

Smokeboat twenty people three hundred and fifty euros,who's in? Duration one and a half hour ride
tinky

Post by tinky »

macky wrote: Thu 16th Mar 2017 11:46 am Smokeboat twenty people three hundred and fifty euros,who's in? Duration one and a half hour ride
I'm in 100%.
tinky

Post by tinky »

macky wrote: Thu 16th Mar 2017 11:42 am Rookies open at six :D
They got a reprieve as the distance was measured incorrectly.

Boat trip sounds better though.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

macky wrote: Wed 15th Mar 2017 11:20 pm Dampking 2 is big alright Lem but if it's busy there's no over flow .
Overflow as in on the pavement (sidewalk) outside or another shop?

Dampkring 2 is very close to Siberie, Popeye is just across the road and Picasso, Bulldog Rockshop and The Store (formerly Doors) are between it and Siberie. Even 137 isn't very far away. It's a good area for coffeeshops!

Thanks for doing more checking on Smokeboat. I've started a boat thread so we can get a list of names and see where we stand.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

So, the latest proposal is to celebrate 4:20 on a boat. It actually says that above but, being dumb, I read 420 as meaning on the day, presumably at the usual time of 7pm. But, no, it actually means being on a boat at 4:20.

I can see pros and cons to this idea.

On the positive side, on years when the boat trip has been successful, it has often been the highlight of the 4/20 week (see the history here. Combining the boat and 4:20 into one event could be doubly good.

The boat that Macky is trying to organise is quite big and has a large covered section so there would be plenty of room for everyone who wants to come to party in comfort. By doing the trip at 4pm we would be forcing everyone who wants to celebrate 4:20 with us to come on the boat, which might help bring the minimum of 20 people that Macky needs to not be seriously out of pocket.

On the other hand, boat trips are not for everyone and so far people have been planning based on the idea that we'd all be in a coffeeshop at 4:20 and that it would be a free to enter event. Traditionally 4:20 has been the moment when we've gathered most members together in one place. If some don't fancy the boat then we'll split the group. Also, our history of getting boat trips together has been far from perfect! It could all go wrong and leave us floundering again.

Anyway, I'm up for it if everyone else is. If we got the whole group onto a large boat for a 4:20 party it could be amazing. I reckon they'd see the smoke trail from the International Space Station!

I guess we could start a poll with a yes or no but let's just try posting comments. Can everyone post here saying whether or not you like the idea of 4:20 on a boat please?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Split on this one also, but is it 100 % set in stone that the boat trip has to be at four?

@Macky: Would it, with a little sweet talking perhaps, at all be possible to move it to five and avoid the dilemma?
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

As I understand it, 4pm was a choice rather than a preference of the boat company. Presumably it could be 5, 6 or 7 if we preferred.

There are obvious benefits to doing it at 4 as our 4:20 celebration, if everyone is up for it. It also improves the chances of getting a record turnout for the boat, which Macky needs to cover the costs. We've never even got close to 20 boaters before, even on the big gatherings when we've had 80 people signed up for 4/20 and 50 have been in town (this year we have about 30 signed up, which probably equates to about 20 in town, meaning we need every last one on the boat).
macky

Post by macky »

Nothing written in stone ,still waiting on Nugs to tell if there real I think there real but?
Hopefully he will go by when there running on Sunday ,so we can confirm. Tick tock :D
Not sure where else we will get sitting for twenty at 420,been in dam last 6years on 420 .
With Ic Mag cup and the CS cup going on lot more people hanging in CS at 420.
Dare you to go Grey Area ,stupid busy all day :mrgreen:
Have to wait till Monday to confirm ,after speaking to Nugs.
If you have a place for 420 smoke out speak up Know don,t whine later :D
I have know problem with risk of not having twenty ,but not if the groups not into it thats 8)
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

tinky wrote: Thu 16th Mar 2017 12:07 pm
macky wrote: Thu 16th Mar 2017 11:42 am Rookies open at six :D
They got a reprieve as the distance was measured incorrectly.

Boat trip sounds better though.
Rookies should be considered. There is plenty of space on both pure and bakky sides. Tram to Leidseplein and there you are.

Also, Hunters now operate a smoker friendly bar on Utrechtsestraat just south of Rembrandtplein, with space in the front and rear with pints available. It's not the Nes but it could work.
"Laif" with a long "a".
macky

Post by macky »

BOAT TRIP On :D
We will be doing 420 on 420 on Smoke Boat. Go to Boat thread and get details ,they will get posted tommrow after working things out will Lemming Do I have to say ..Roll on 420 :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

Nice one macky.be a great way to celebrate 420