Amsterdam for a layover!!!! Please tell me something I should know

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Cynjav

Amsterdam for a layover!!!! Please tell me something I should know

Post by Cynjav »

Hey all!! I'm from Chicago and I'm traveling to Dubai and I have a layover in Amsterdam for 6 hours. So that gives me four hours to try to smoke and sight see a bit.

I know I need at least two hours to get back into the gates and all of that.

Please leave the negativity about me missing my flight because I'm taking the chance regardless of what everyone says lol.

For those of you with the optimistic mind please let me know of a coffeeshop where I will be able to smoke some weed and I would love to know where I can get some edibles so that I can 😴 on my 8hr flight back to Chicago.

If there's a one stop shop to fulfill both of my cravings lol.

Thank you!

Kenshiro

Re: Amsterdam for a layover!!!! Please tell me something I should know

Post by Kenshiro »

Try Voyagers hotel and coffeeshop opposite the station...will have everything you want, theres also central coffeeshop(can only smoke outside in the bench).

Takes 5 minutes max from the station to get to both...

Aim to leave centraal at latest 45 minutes before your 2 hour flight boarding/check in window starts

Hope that helps any other questions feel free to ask
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Whatever THE FUCK you do, scour literally every square inch of your possessions once leaving Dam and make sure there is not even a literal speck of weed including on the bottom of your shoes to be found.

They DO NOT fucking play in UAE with cannabis, read the stories about people being detained and threatened with year's jail time over a mere weed speck on the bottom of their shoe or a few stray poppy seeds from a bagel. Enjoy Amsterdam and most importantly travel safe to that Wahabbi ruled gulf state oil empire shithole! Fuck the UAE!!!

TL;DR: fuck Wahabbism

Edit: if your layover is on the way back then you can disregard that, but I'm leaving it as a warning for others regardless.
Last edited by Nuggz on Sun 16th Apr 2017 03:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

:lol:
+1 for everything DLN said.
Not that I've ever been there - but there are some coffeeshops in Hoofddorp right next to the airport. I'd jump in a cab and ask to be taken directly there. Can't be more than a ten minute ride?
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

1st time in Europe we had about a 6 hour layover was enough time to get into Amsterdam and back to the air port and was able to get high and walk around the city a little, however unless your bags are checked through store them in a locker close to your depart terminal not the arrival terminal :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Cynjav wrote: Sun 16th Apr 2017 09:43 am I have a layover in Amsterdam for 6 hours.
Quest on.

First, I would highly recommend considering a taxi or uber to and from airport so as to maximize your time. I almost always take a taxi to the airport when I go home now.

If it's just a coffeeshop you want, do a little research and maybe see which ones are in nearest proximity to Schipol airport.

If you want to go to a coffeeshop in Amsterdam proper, I would again do a bit of research and decide from a few coffeeshops in are area south of the Central district. It would be closer to the airport, cheaper, faster and less traffic prone for your return. Maybe around Vondel park? I would avoid going any further into Central than Rembrandtplein or Leidesplein.

That being said, train service to Amsterdam is excellent from Schipol. In this case, you are smack dab Central, I would head to Greenplace in Nieuw Market if I only had four hours.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Skull_Kid1888

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

Hope you have a fun few hours. I've been known to get side tracked and miss flights after 4 days never mind 4 hours so make sure to keep an eye on the clock :twisted: .
It's all about THC for me.