First time to Amsterdam! Gonna be the first time for weed too!

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
bobsy852

First time to Amsterdam! Gonna be the first time for weed too!

Post by bobsy852 »

Hey everyone!
Total newbie here! I'm heading over to Amsterdam next saturday with my fiance for a long weekend!
We got plenty of sights we wanna see and things we wanna do while in Amsterdam! I'm finding this forum great for lots of things like that!

The main reason I'm here though is because we also plan to try visit a coffeeshop (or more than one if we take a liking to it!).
I've never had weed before though, and my fiance has only experimented with it a bit when she was younger.
She smokes and has no issue smoking if it necessary. I'm keen to give it a go but I'm dead against smoking!! I've never even tried a cigarette and don't really wanna start now!
So at first I looked at eating it (as I'm a huge lover of food and I always say I'll eat anything) but I've read a lot of review that this might not be the best way to go....
Then I found out you can vape the stuff in some places! So I'm keen to try this method I think!

I wondered if some of you could offer some advice of where we could go to use a Volcano (?) and where we'd get help/instruction on how to use the thing?

Also where to start? With no idea about weed, I'm dreading going into somewhere and just picking something off a menu.
What would be good for a beginner? I've read somewhere that beginners should pick Sativa??
How much would we need for our first time?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions!!

Rob

notsofasteddie

Re: First time to Amsterdam! Gonna be the first time for weed too!

Post by notsofasteddie »

You're not the first person to ask this question. Here are some of the answers that others have received:

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/v ... 11&t=33106
bobsy852

Post by bobsy852 »

notsofasteddie wrote: Wed 2nd Aug 2017 08:51 pm You're not the first person to ask this question. Here are some of the answers that others have received:

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/v ... 11&t=33106
Thanks mate! I'll check this one out! It seems a lot of the coffeeshops recommended in the threads though may have closed now? :(
I liked the sound of Yo-Yo, but looking in the directory on this site it suggests it may be closed down?

Do most places have the volcano's/vape machines now? Or will we only find these in a select few shops?
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

I will be visiting the 420 Saturday if you want to meet iup they have a Vacano and very happy to load it for you ready to vape.

PM me and we can arrange a meeting but it will be after 17:00 if that suits?
bobsy852

Post by bobsy852 »

Worsall wrote: Wed 2nd Aug 2017 09:15 pm I will be visiting the 420 Saturday if you want to meet iup they have a Vacano and very happy to load it for you ready to vape.

PM me and we can arrange a meeting but it will be after 17:00 if that suits?
Thanks Worsall, we're not over until next Saturday (12th)! Thanks though!
Good to know 420 does vaping too though! I can add that to my list of possibilities!
Katsu looks closest to our hotel! We're staying up near the Vondelpark!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Katsu's one of the best coffeeshops as far as atmosphere goes, and they've got a Verdamper.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

bobsy852 wrote: Wed 2nd Aug 2017 09:08 pm [I liked the sound of Yo-Yo, but looking in the directory on this site it suggests it may be closed down?
I do believe that Yo-Yo is still open! Here's the shop's ACD page, and a menu from May.

You need to use the place you are staying as your "Home Base" reference point. Then use the Amsterdam Map to plan your visits.

For first timers, close to home is never a bad idea.
Last edited by notsofasteddie on Wed 2nd Aug 2017 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Agreed keep close to base and take it very easy at first thr effect is not alwsys instantaneous:-)
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Volcano @ East times, close to Vondel. Verdamper (different style, looks more like a bong and you hit it directly instead of out off a bag) at Katsu. Staff usually willing to help both places, volcano would probably be better for first timers.

Maybe start with a mild hybrid or just explain your situation to budtender and let them guide you, they gave had such questions thousands of times before... :)

Have fun!

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great suggestions in this thread, as always from the regulars here. My biggest point with the suggestions thus far is suggesting the Verdamper for the first time smoking. Bwahahahahahaaaa. That thing looks like a glass transformer, and I never really know if it is going to produce smoke or suddenly get up of its own accord and start searching for energon cubes or something of that nature. I would love to sit next to you while you work to figure out how to use it (being a first time smoker and all). But on the other hand, saying that your first time smoking was out of a Verdamper will be a great story! You should do it!

You might also enjoy the Volcano. The staff at Barneys is very helpful with the Volcano. Well, at least the Barney's on Reguliersgracht just south of Rembrandtsplein. Barneys always has reliable stuff, too. Many here do not care for Barneys, but the goods at Barneys are always reliable (although a bit potent). Tell the Budtender it is your first time, and ask for a recommendation. Then smell it and look at it (but no touching). You want it to smell however you think weed should smell like, you want it to look, well, full (not compressed), and you do NOT want it to look dry. Use your own standards, then ask the Budtender to verify. Paradox also has great Volcanoes, and they can be helpful. But I've about written off Paradox (once my #1 shop) b/c the weed quality has been Sahara Desert dry.

CS Yo-Yo is indeed open, and has milder weed. If you can make it to Katsu, you can make it a few more blocks to CS Yo-Yo.

I am a big fan of La Tertulia. They have good, milder outdoor bioorganic weed. Don't be shy about purchasing at La Tertulia (or Yo-Yo), then going to Barneys or where ever to smoke. I do think it is always appropriate to purchase something from where you are smoking, though. But at Barneys, they are kind and will permit you to purchase .5g if you ask nicely.

I have not smoked with a virgin smoker in so long that I cannot clearly recall the last time. It is always a treat to smoke for your first time, and smoking with someone who smokes for the first time is a real experience. Most of all, have fun! Smoking weed to me is all about having a great time. I'm not so coherent or conversational when I smoke around a bunch of new faces (as DLN, Pierre, CCs, Willjay, FOD, and a few others can attest), but it is always a great time with a smile.

Finally, as if the above was not enough, please consider adding to the board with a nice trip review. Share your experience. This board provides a wide range of experience from the professional smokers to the novice smokers. Your experience will be a welcome addition.