first visit to Holland

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
follibob

first visit to Holland

Post by follibob »

Hi all, It will be my first experience of coffee shops next week and I wonder how it works. From what I have read in general it seems that there is some confusion (well to me anyway) that I may need a pass as a Dutch resident to enter these bars. I will be staying in central Hague not far from café cremers. What do I require for entry? I am a UK citizen. Shall I carry my passport?

Many thanks in advance.......peace.

Kenshiro

Re: first visit to Holland

Post by Kenshiro »

follibob wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 12:31 am Hi all, It will be my first experience of coffee shops next week and I wonder how it works. From what I have read in general it seems that there is some confusion (well to me anyway) that I may need a pass as a Dutch resident to enter these bars. I will be staying in central Hague not far from café cremers. What do I require for entry? I am a UK citizen. Shall I carry my passport?

No weed pass required for Hague, Amsterdam etc..always carry your passport for entry to shops..that should be enough.enjoy!
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Welcome to the ACD. :D. The Hague will blow you away mate, some fascinating sightseeing and excellent coffeeshops. Dont forget Scheveningen is just a tram ride away with a nice beach scene and also some good coffeeshops too. Have fun. :D
What a long strange trip it is.
follibob

Post by follibob »

Once again thanks guys. I will be making the most of my 3 day/night visit. I have my bucket and spade ready for the beach :D
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

Creamers.greenhouse.smokeys the crow.dizzy duck.all top shops in town.take your passport .kove the hauge enjoy
dlw

Post by dlw »

Turn up ...buy weed...smoke...enjoy
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Have Fun :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

sNc wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 09:47 am
follibob wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 12:31 am Hi all, It will be my first experience of coffee shops next week and I wonder how it works. From what I have read in general it seems that there is some confusion (well to me anyway) that I may need a pass as a Dutch resident to enter these bars. I will be staying in central Hague not far from café cremers. What do I require for entry? I am a UK citizen. Shall I carry my passport?

No weed pass required for Hague, Amsterdam etc..always carry your passport for entry to shops..that should be enough.enjoy!
If you have another form of government picture identification (driver's license), I would carry that. You really don't want to lose your passport. I'm from the USA and I've used my driver's license in Amsterdam, Haarlem, and Zandvoort and never had a problem.

The first trip to the Netherlands is always special! :D :D
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Regarding other forms of ID than a passport you have to be aware that some places will only accept a passport as a valid ID and reject any other. We have tried having a EU driver's license rejected, and they are exactly like the Dutch (only difference is language and the indication of country on the license)....

It depends on the BT. Some are just pricks who enjoy exercising what little power is afforded them, most are cool however. A lot of the more seasoned BT's will just ask if you have it with you (not specifically to see it) and gauge your reaction (which is an old bartender trick that some of you might know). If you react in the wrong way you Will be asked to present your ID, but more often than not your reaction to this question is more than enough for a trained observer and there is no need for you to go looking through you stuff for it...

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I've never been carded anywhere in AMS. But I look older than a lot of you guys, so maybe that's why. I take my DL with me, btw. If some BT doesn't want to accept my DL, fortunately, being in AMS, i can walk 2-3 blocks someplace else.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Not even at Voyagers, the first time? Even I was, and I look older than all of you by several centuries. Didn't have to show the passport, just that I had it. They do accept driving licences, I seem to remember, though not provisional ones.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Well I'm 70, and look it, still been I'd. I choose to take it as a compliment. :D :shock:
What a long strange trip it is.