ACD turns “20” and some members talked me into throwing a bash..Ah!

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
macky

Re: ACD turns “20” and some members talked me into throwing a bash..Ah!

Post by macky »

choppermike wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 10:54 am What an invite ! Sounds like the trip of ones dreams. You are a very kind gentleman Macky and I would love to go : we will see how things pan out. CM.
YOU will need to bring your sticks :D .same for you ,go through Dam KLM friends who go where you are always go that way.
Only so many chances at are age :lol: Jump the pond mate.

macky

Post by macky »

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 03:06 pm Oh man - I would love to come along on this trip. I'm unsure at the moment whether family commitments will allow such an excursion but I'm pencilling those dates in my diary. 8)
Bring the wife ,there,s econo lodge 5 minutes from me if camping to much for her :D There under reno not sure how much but the will be all new….this is not Dam prices here ,many things are cheap, free like :wink: Hop the pond mate :mrgreen:
macky

Post by macky »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 05:16 pm 1,064.41 €...

If we had that just sitting around and we knew the work situation of the missus come july, we would already be booked on a KLM flight to Toronto YYZ with a 17 hour layover in Amsterdam on the way there (what a tragedy! ;) )...

Now if we don't blow 7k+ on an all out 420+Kingsday trip in April (was kinda thinking something like that but that could easily be scaled down to reasonable levels, or something ;) ) and we get a bit more clarity wrt the work situation of the missus, we are soooo fucking in!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dear brother in name and spirit, you and your lovely wife have outdone yourselves, what an offer! We shall offer any service we can render in return and still be in your debt for years to come! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My wife was hoping you guys where in 8) Hope job works out. Was thinking big 420…but now will be growing a crop in anticipation of your guys arrive :D Plan on it being hot around high twenty,s to low 30c. finger,s crossed you can make it.
macky

Post by macky »

Smirks wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 05:38 pm Going to do my best to get over for it. Sounds triptastic.
I believe you have family in Toronto ,so this should be a no brainer :lol:
Can,t have a debacle with out you 8) Work on a new bong for you and Papi :mrgreen:
macky

Post by macky »

Lemming wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 07:55 pm 20th Birthday

Yes, the ACD will be 20 on 3rd July 2018. We celebrated its 10th birthday watching Massive Attack in Amsterdam. I can't remember who else was there but I do remember cruising around with Ohm Sweet Ohm and Bleak on Ohm's boat the following year.

To mark the 10th birthday I found and uploaded a copy of the very first site. It's still available here if you're interested: First ACD.

Now that 20 years have passed I doubt anyone here but me remembers when it looked like that!

Birthday Bash

I had mentioned the idea of inviting a few people to ACD Towers to celebrate and Spidergawd said that we should do it in an Amsterdam coffeeshop. Mr and Mrs Macky's offer to host a bash at their place is very generous and the coincidence with legalisation day in Canada seems appropriate. I'm up for this. Much thanks for the offer, Mr and Mrs Macky!

4/20

I'm still up for Amsterdam in April if anyone else is going for it so we can still keep up tradition in an Amsterdam coffeeshop. In fact, if the original 420 Café is going to be open again at 4:20 then we might even be able to fully resurrect the tradition.

Barcelona

I'm also still up for the proposed trip to Barcelona in early November this year if anyone else is.
Can not be done with out you guy,s 8) Chase down Budtender…think him and his misses bought travel van..should make it easy for them :D More the merry,more time I get e.g. who.s in list I can plan a cat herding debacle for the ages.
macky

Post by macky »

spidergawd wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 08:48 pm We're gonna have to become the Amsterdam and Global Coffeeshop Directory one day. :idea:

My, how times change. :mrgreen:
Your in are thoughts Mate….
macky

Post by macky »

1Euro gets you- 148 Cad ,1pound get you 160 cad….yes exchange kills me,but good for you :D
1 us green back 120 Cad and weed is cheap Half pound Bubba kush 750 cad pretty strong .
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

wow
that sounds like quite the bash!
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Meet in Toronto?
Cannabis?
Golf?
Count me in.
Were the dates proposed firm?
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

I now have my dates in stone ( no refunds) 28.06.18 to 08.07.18. Flights booked.

It is up to you as to how long you want to stay and what dates.

When going to Canada you need to complete an eTA form online before you go, I suggest you get this done asap.
It costs 7 Canadian dollars, you will need your passport when completing it.

8)

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

well looks like its a plan, , i haveva few differnt choices in transportation , fly train or drive hmmmm
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

Might as well come a long to this one.lets get a boat and go out on the lakes for a day :mrgreen:
matty223

Post by matty223 »

madmaxxx wrote: Thu 24th Aug 2017 02:40 pm Might as well come a long to this one.lets get a boat and go out on the lakes for a day :mrgreen:
Just asked macky for more info on the area
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Anynone interested in renting a camper for that weekend,
let me know
Matty
macky

Post by macky »

ed the head wrote: Thu 24th Aug 2017 12:36 pm Meet in Toronto?
Cannabis?
Golf?
Count me in.
Were the dates proposed firm?
only firm date july first weekend how many before after don,t care I,m easy :mrgreen: