Back again to Amsterdam in early December...

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Brân

Back again to Amsterdam in early December...

Post by Brân »

Hello, this is my first post here... I'm a long time reader of the site and a veteran of 22 trips to the amazing city that is Amsterdam. I will be returning for a weekend visit with friends in early December and we have a mix of smokers and drinkers in the group. It will be a little cold in December so I was looking for some advice on Smoker friendly bars that allow Smoking weed indoors but also have nice drinks for the drinkers, any advice on this would be great.

On the Blazing front, over the past few years I think the quality of smoke in Amsterdam has gone down a little in my opinion... On my last trip in May it was the first time I had been to Amsterdam smoking pure... Voyagers by far had the 'cleanest' product... With almost every other shop I visited being guilty of ash that was not grey but a little black from some strains; this is not good. Other strains from these shops smoked very well. I found my self asking the Bud Tenders for the cleanest weed they had but that did not seem to go down that well, often the response was 'everything here is clean'.

The G13 Mr Nice from Het Ballonetje was amazing on the last trip as was the 24K from Voyagers. Other stand-out strains included... Shoreline from Mr K&CO, White Fire from Grey Area & Blue Magic and the hash blocs from Borejongens.

I have noticed recently the menus from New Times has lots of Devil's Harvest strains, I want to try these as Casey Jones & Shoreline are amongst my favourite strains of all time and want to sample the other offerings Devil's Harvest have. Does anyone know about the quality of this shop New Times?

One other quick question has anyone done the tasting sessions at Borejonens through Amsterdam Genetics??? thinking of booking in if there is one when I'm there, just wondering if anyone had done this???

Thanks in advance...

X

OneHighMofo

Re: Back again to Amsterdam in early December...

Post by OneHighMofo »

Hello mate - welcome to the forum. You're actually in the wrong topic (you should be in travel plans Vs travelogues - that's later when you tell us how much fun you had). Maybe you can be assisted in moving across? (Lemming?) so maybe I shouldn't be replying - but my fingers are moving, and I'm REALLY high so this is what's happening!

Hahaha your comment:
Voyagers by far had the 'cleanest' product... With almost every other shop I visited being guilty of ash that was not grey but a little black from some strains; this is not good. Other strains from these shops smoked very well. I found my self asking the Bud Tenders for the cleanest weed they had but that did not seem to go down that well, often the response was 'everything here is clean'.
made me laugh out loud. I agree wholeheartedly that not every shop has clean product and it can sometimes be difficult to find. Voyagers are indeed a stand-out. Siberie often don't do too badly, Grey Area's product rarely disappoints on the smooth smoke and white-ash front, Green place and Amnesia too; I have to say - despite their high prices they often have good clean product (at least the Acapulco and NYCD are imo) so I guess that means Barneys too - although I don't shop there very often so couldn't say for sure.
Utopia are also up there. I have bought the odd miss or two at Utopia - but only on lack of flavour, I can't remember ever buying a 'bad' bag there. And I'd also credit Het Ballonetje as having in my experience almost consistently faultlessly smooth and flavourful flowers. To date everything I've bought there has been spot on. I can't say that about any other shop so far.

I think most shops 'do ok'. And you're right that's not good enough. On my 'won't burn this' shit list at the moment are 1e Hulp, Dampkring2 and someone else I can't remember right now... dang.
Unless I'm intending to vape - I'm not buying their products.

I like New Times very much. It's in a very convenient location and nice little spot in the Spui, has an open feel with a shopfront leading out onto the pavement while still enjoying some cosy booths and nice seating in the back. The menu is extensive, but gets expensive towards the top end - I've bought a few bits and pieces here over the years and rarely been disappointed, I often stop off for a coffee when heading past. They've always been very accommodating to both myself travelling solo and with my brother allowing us to enjoy the place without buying their product. Can't say fairer than that really.

Have fun - report back.
Err. Maybe this post will survive a topic shift? Maybe it will prevent one? The rabbit hole is open my friend :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

We got an invite for the very first testing session, but unfortunately had to pass as we had other plans (in Copenhagen!). Luckily our partner in crime, DLN16, got our spot and reported back that it was awesome (even saved us some of the quite massive amount of hash he got at the session, thnx again buddy ;) ).

Think they have changed the format since then (now you sign up, used to be by special invitation), but would still suggest you take the shot, you may get lucky .... :)

WRT the products OHMF is spot on as always, would add Tweede Kamer, The Spirit and Massawa as super consistent and top tier hash suppliers, you already have Boerejoengens (try different shops in the chain though, CSJohnny had an amazing menu in August).

Have a great trip!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Welcome to the forum.

What dates will you be in Amsterdam?
I'll post you on the Whos In Town page.
You can see who else may be in town and any Toke & Talks that are planned.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your mouse do the walking
Brân

Post by Brân »

Thanks for the info... I'm heading out Dec 1st to Dec 4th, a very short but hopefully sweet trip... On another note has anyone ever visited Super Club i am interested just wondering if it's worth the money food wise???
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Brân wrote: Sat 23rd Sep 2017 12:19 pm Dec 1st to Dec 4th
You have been posted on the December Whos In Town page.
Scroll down to your month and click it.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

If you don't see yourself, click your refresh or reload button
Your browser sometimes loads pages from your local cache and
you don't get the latest update.

Watch for Toke & Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

Set yourself up with your own T&T or Toke and Talk, where you pick the coffeeshop
(your favorite) and the date and time, I will post it and you wait for folks to
show up, if they do you'll have a T&T. If they don't you still get to enjoy your
favorite coffeeshop!

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

You can do a little practice shopping on the Coffeeshop Menus page.
Any with arrows are less than six months old.

Any nice new menu pictures you can get will be much appreciated.
Always ask first, better told no than thrown out.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your Mouse do the walking