Help a friend in need?!

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Maisx

Help a friend in need?!

Post by Maisx »

So we arrived in Amsterdam at 8:30am, went to the hotel briefly then headed into town. Had a smoke in a lovely gay coffee shop (despite not being gay, it was just lovely in there... also we didn’t realise it was a gay coffee shop until we recognised it was full of absolutely gorgeous men). Anyway, we’ve headed back to the hotel which is by the Molenwerf tram stop on the 12.

We want to head back out for a relaxing smoke before an early night, but there doesn’t seem to be a single coffee shop nearby. But we don’t want to have to get all the way back to the centre.

Can anyone recommend a little gem close by to where we are?! Or somewhere on an easy tram route. We will explore properly over the coming days, just taking it easy tonight!

Thanks in advance for your help :D

Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Help a friend in need?!

Post by Lemming »

I guess the "gay" shop you visited was The Otherside.

I can't tell you whether it's a gem because I've never been there but the closest to you is Risky Business.

Otherwise to the south you have The Loft or to the east Freedom.

These suburban shops are often cheaper than those in the centre but not necessarily so cosy so you may want to catch a tram to somewhere.

I believe tram 12 goes to The Pijp where you'll find several nice shops.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

You are a bit far out there, but if you fancy a bit of a walk (looks like about 1,5 k if you don't get too lost) we would recommend Coffeeshop Baba. It is a super nice and chill shop, Verdampers on the tables and has great products!

If you wanna go the public transport route and we are not reading the map and bus stops all wrong there is possibly a bus (or maybe tram) east along the Westerpark (could also be a very nice walk though), taking you to Haarlemmerplein. From there it is only about 150-200 meters, tops, to Baba. Continue along the line you have been moving and you soon hit the coffeeshops in the Haarlemmerstraat area, many ok ones for a nice evening chill.

Have a great trip! :)

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Mr CC's definitely mailed the closest best shot I'd say and De Pijp has a number of options for sure - Katsu being the forum favourite I'd say. Otherwise a shorter trip south on the same number 12 to De Clerkqstraat will see you a short hop and a skip away from Boreojongens West and the Kashmir Lounge combo for a late finish.
Have fun - report back :)