Amsterdam 1st December-4th December looking for quality hashish

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Darksecrets999

Amsterdam 1st December-4th December looking for quality hashish

Post by Darksecrets999 »

I and 3 friends will be visiting the dam 1st-4th December and are looking for recommendations for quality hashish. We've previously visited and only ever tried bud, but since visiting Morocco and sampling some hashish there we're interesting in buying some quality hashish here too. Does anybody have any reccomendations?

Thanks

FlyByNite

Re: Amsterdam 1st December-4th December looking for quality hashish

Post by FlyByNite »

I have posted you on the December Whos In Town page.

If you want to peruse some recent menus the latest fifteen posted menus are here:

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Coffeesh ... stTenPosts

Scroll down for 160 more Amsterdam shops.
Scroll up for 32 other Dutch cities and towns, Washington and Colorado.

Here is a little basic Dutch for you.
If you click the turtle it will speak slowly
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-WhosIn ... .htm#Dutch

I am always on a quest for Red Lebanese hash. You might want to visit Haarlem and visit Birdy or WW Indica for some of their local jelly hash.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Bluebird coffeeshop has a GREAT selection of hash (Indian, Nepali, Moroccan, Dutch).

If there one was, amazing hash I get that is not in the Bluebird, it would be the SB Ice from Grey Area. I notice a lot of people on here also mention the Atlas Hash in Voyagers as reasonably priced entry level stuff so I'll throw that in just to counter balance the decadence and cost of the Grey Area recommendation.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Kinda jelly about the trip to Morocco, wouldn't mind a short trip report if you could be bothered... :mrgreen:

Regarding hash in Amsterdam: First suggestion would be to search the forum for some of the threads with topics like"can I have a hash primer", "hash newbie (or beginner) with questions" and similar. Not that I think you necessarily need the basic info, but the threads also contain a lot of solid recommendations. The same goes for a bunch of threads asking for hash recommendations and coffeeshop reviews from members such as Marok21, Jesscass and others.

Bluebird is usually good, and even though they haven't exactly wowed us lately they are a good recommendation.

Some of our current favorites for hash include:
Tweede Kamer - Twizla / Tblisa and Laila are probably the most consistently great classic Moroccans we have bought over the last many visits and there are many, many other very solid offerings on their menu, new decor is great and staff excellent.

The spirit - Classic Moroccan gold in the 8 to 12 euro range.Large shop with games and stuff, very chill and local feel.

Coffeeshop Johnny / others in the Boer chain - ams genetics block :idea: hashes galore and especially in the shops like Johnny, DANA also great classic Moroccan at very fair prices

Utopia - Forum favorite for many reasons and building a reputation as a very solid shop for great (smaller) selection of very nice hashes to go with their great weed! :D

There are soooo many more, het Ballonnetje we have to mention, they have very decent hash and KILLER weed...
Have a great trip man!

CC
Last edited by CopenhagenCouple on Fri 10th Nov 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Abraxas' Moroccan Gold is really very good. 5g for 70 Euro was a fair price for a really lovely Moroccan!
Darksecrets999

Post by Darksecrets999 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Fri 10th Nov 2017 03:04 pm Kinda jelly about the trip to Morocco, wouldn't mind a short trip report if you could be bothered... :mrgreen:

Regarding hash in Amsterdam: First suggestion would be to search the forum for some of the threads with topics like"can I have a hash primer", "hash newbie (or beginner) with questions" and similar. Not that I think you necessarily need the basic info, but the threads also contain a lot of solid recommendations. The same goes for a bunch of threads asking for hash recommendations and coffeeshop reviews from members such as Marok21, Jesscass and others.

Bluebird is usually good, and even though they haven't exactly wowed us lately they are a good recommendation.

Some of our current favorites for hash include:
Tweede Kamer - Twizla / Tblisa and Laila are probably the most consistently great classic Moroccans we have bought over the last many visits and there are many, many other very solid offerings on their menu, new decor is great and staff excellent.

The spirit - Classic Moroccan gold in the 8 to 12 euro range.Large shop with games and stuff, very chill and local feel.

Coffeeshop Johnny / others in the Boer chain - ams genetics block :idea: hashes galore and especially in the shops like Johnny, DANA also great classic Moroccan at very fair prices

Utopia - Forum favorite for many reasons and building a reputation as a very solid shop for great (smaller) selection of very nice hashes to go with their great weed! :D

There are soooo many more, het Ballonnetje we have to mention, they have very decent hash and KILLER weed...
Have a great trip man!

CC

This was my third trip to Morocco. It was my first trip to the Rif Mountain region though. I'm a Pharmacist so really interested in the use of Cannabis as an alternative medicine.
My flatmate from uni comes from a Moroccan family and descends from the Berber tribe, which live in the Rif region. We went was to Chefchouen. This is a beautiful city which is painted blue. This was also my Moroccan friends second visit to Morocco so people could tell he was a foreigner. However when we went up the mountains in search of Hash the locals quickly realised he was one of them from the dialect of Moroccan Arabic he spoke. We were quickly offered hash multiple times but we paid a kid to show us to where we could buy it fresh. He showed us to a building where hash was being mass produced. My friend put his skills to use and started haggling. We ended up buying 10g for 100 dhirums which is just under £10/€10. It was a beautiful smoke. We smoked at a local shisha cafe whilst sipping on mint tea.

If you are planning on paying a visit to the Rif area then stick to Chefchouen. Other areas aren't very liberal.

Anything else you want to know let me know.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Having been to Morocco a few times, I would also recommend the Rif Mountains with Chefchaouen as a base. The best hash is in that region. Once you get your smoke you can travel all over the country, but the hash available in many places outside of this region is dirt. Also in the Chefchaouen area you can buy unpressed so you can gauge the quality much more easily. The town itself is just an amazing place to chill without the associated hassle you get in bigger cities like Tangiers, Fes, Marrakesh etc. You could also go up further to Bab Taza, Bab Berred or Ketama, but only really "business" people or very enthusiastic growers venture up that far. Some pics below.

https://ibb.co/gmnexb
https://ibb.co/b79bcb
https://ibb.co/guGuVw
https://ibb.co/jsVMAw (my personal fav! ^_^)

For other places to chill in the south, I would recommend the small surfing villages of Tamraght/Taghazout or the beautiful Essaouria, but bring Rif hash as the hash in the south is the worst dirt.

Last recommendation is, if you go to Tangiers (3 hours from Chefchaouen), please visit Cafe Baba.....it's a coffeeshop where they play inappropriately loud European dance music and you can smoke joints, a kif pipe or whatever your buzz is. It's a funny place to have a mint tea and a smoke. Can't comment on what their wares are like as I usually bring my own smoke and just order a mint tea. Lots of young Moroccans in there too blazing up so you can meet some people and maybe get tips about other cool things in Tangiers. Tangiers while a bit mental at times is pretty cool as people smoke kif pipes in many cafes (and it's nicely perched on the edge of the Med with great views), something I never saw in the south really, seems the north is more smoke friendly in general and more behind closed doors in the south. I was always more discreet in the south as it didn't feel as open as the north.

Thanks for the Tweede Kamer recommendation btw, never been there, will check it out when I'm back at Xmas.
Darksecrets999

Post by Darksecrets999 »

RoMoney wrote: Sat 11th Nov 2017 01:45 pm Having been to Morocco a few times, I would also recommend the Rif Mountains with Chefchaouen as a base. The best hash is in that region. Once you get your smoke you can travel all over the country, but the hash available in many places outside of this region is dirt. Also in the Chefchaouen area you can buy unpressed so you can gauge the quality much more easily. The town itself is just an amazing place to chill without the associated hassle you get in bigger cities like Tangiers, Fes, Marrakesh etc. You could also go up further to Bab Taza, Bab Berred or Ketama, but only really "business" people or very enthusiastic growers venture up that far. Some pics below.

https://ibb.co/gmnexb
https://ibb.co/b79bcb
https://ibb.co/guGuVw
https://ibb.co/jsVMAw (my personal fav! ^_^)

For other places to chill in the south, I would recommend the small surfing villages of Tamraght/Taghazout or the beautiful Essaouria, but bring Rif hash as the hash in the south is the worst dirt.

Last recommendation is, if you go to Tangiers (3 hours from Chefchaouen), please visit Cafe Baba.....it's a coffeeshop where they play inappropriately loud European dance music and you can smoke joints, a kif pipe or whatever your buzz is. It's a funny place to have a mint tea and a smoke. Can't comment on what their wares are like as I usually bring my own smoke and just order a mint tea. Lots of young Moroccans in there too blazing up so you can meet some people and maybe get tips about other cool things in Tangiers. Tangiers while a bit mental at times is pretty cool as people smoke kif pipes in many cafes (and it's nicely perched on the edge of the Med with great views), something I never saw in the south really, seems the north is more smoke friendly in general and more behind closed doors in the south. I was always more discreet in the south as it didn't feel as open as the north.

Thanks for the Tweede Kamer recommendation btw, never been there, will check it out when I'm back at Xmas.
Which route did you take to get to Chefchouen? I'm interested in any idea that will shorten my next trip
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

So, I've flown to Malaga and got the bus from there down to Algeciras or Tarifa and boated it across. 2-3 hours from Malaga (about €20 one way) and then less than an hour on the Ferry over to Tangiers (about €40 one way), bus/car then from Tangiers to Chefchaouen (3 hours). I've also flown in direct to Marrakesh and travelled up to Chefchaouen (bus from Marrakesh to Casablanca and then Casblanca to Chefchaouen). It's quicker to get there from Spain (if more expensive.....Ferry/Spanish Bus vs Moroccan transport costs (€20-30 on buses).

You could also try fly into Tangiers, but I could only get direct flights to Marrakesh orAgadir(even further south than Marrakesh) or into Malaga/Seville and then go down from there.

I will add, going there for the first time and arriving in Africa by boat was an amazing experience that was worth the few extra quid. I'm hoping to go again next year and my plan is to fly via Amsterdam direct to Tangiers to save some time and just get a driver direct to Chefchaouen (€60 if you can haggle or go to the Melting Pot hostel in Tangiers and they can organise it for that price, but you may need to be a guest there). At the airport they will ask for €100+ as they are pure chancers over there, haha, I never felt like anyone in Morocco ever wanted to rob me, just charge 10 times the price for EVERYTHING! Other benefit of this route is I can spend a night in the Dam on the way back to close out the holiday.

I suppose for you, coming in direct to Tangiers or maybe Fes/Casablanca (if Tangiers is not an option) would be the best way to save time.