Morocco

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
RoMoney

Morocco

Post by RoMoney »

Any other Morocco travellers/regulars around? Or people interested in going there?

I'm hoping to go back again in Feb/Mar next year and spend a few weeks in the north (Tangiers, Chefchaouen & Asilah).

It's a great country, security wise it's much safer than all its neighbours, travel is cheap and the hash is even cheaper.

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
redeyezman

Re: Morocco

Post by redeyezman »

The so called white man does not secretly run USA. :idea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan– ... Friendship
Shells sink. Dreams float.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I prefer the Kings agreement with the Berbers :)
Though the specific period of cannabis's introduction to Morocco is unclear, it appears to have arrived in the region during the Arab Conquests of the Maghreb, from the seventh to fifteenth centuries. From the sixteenth century it was grown nationwide on a small scale for local use, in gardens and orchards, but it was only in the 18th century that the Rif region in the far north became a noted center of production, as it is in modern times.[2] In 1890, Sultan Hassan I instituted strict regulations on cultivation and trade, but also conferred clear cannabis production privileges on several Rif tribes.[3][2] In the 1950s, the rights of the Rif tribes to cultivate cannabis was reconfirmed, in response to tensions in the restive region.[3] In 1956, with the new independence of Morocco, King Mohammed V prohibited cannabis nationwide.[4]
Some say they still unofficially have these rights as it is said the King is a stoner, he's a fan of Amsterdam, though I'm not sure about his crusty hippy fashion sense (see below link) :P

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2016/03/87686-2/
Darksecrets999

Post by Darksecrets999 »

RoMoney wrote: Fri 1st Dec 2017 09:30 am Any other Morocco travellers/regulars around? Or people interested in going there?

I'm hoping to go back again in Feb/Mar next year and spend a few weeks in the north (Tangiers, Chefchaouen & Asilah).

It's a great country, security wise it's much safer than all its neighbours, travel is cheap and the hash is even cheaper.
Been to Chefchouen once. Highly rate it. How are you planning on getting to Chefchouen? And have you been before?
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Yep, been there before, it's an amazing little place! I will fly into Malaga and there's a bus direct from the airport to Algeciras port where I'll get the boat to Morocco and a taxi then to Chefchaouen. From Tangiers it's like €60 which for a 2h plus drive is nothing.

Only direct flights from Ireland to Morocco go to Marrakesh and Agadir, I've been down the south of Morocco before but now I've seen it I'd prefer stick to the north where the good hash action is. Morocco is massive though, I flew into Marrakesh once and it is more hassle and time getting to Chefchaouen from there than it is from Malaga in Spain!
Darksecrets999

Post by Darksecrets999 »

RoMoney wrote: Tue 5th Dec 2017 08:58 pm Yep, been there before, it's an amazing little place! I will fly into Malaga and there's a bus direct from the airport to Algeciras port where I'll get the boat to Morocco and a taxi then to Chefchaouen. From Tangiers it's like €60 which for a 2h plus drive is nothing.

Only direct flights from Ireland to Morocco go to Marrakesh and Agadir, I've been down the south of Morocco before but now I've seen it I'd prefer stick to the north where the good hash action is. Morocco is massive though, I flew into Marrakesh once and it is more hassle and time getting to Chefchaouen from there than it is from Malaga in Spain!
Ah I've done Manchester to Gibraltar and then the ferry to Tangier and then taxi from there. Might try Malaga next time seeing as though there's a bus direct from the airport.

Where did you find your hashish? Local contact or just wandered around?
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I bought most of my stuff off the guy who ran the place where I stayed (can PM further info if you want), I got good gear off him and bought off him again when I went back. Always bought unpressed from him as well which is great, in a lot of Morocco you don't get that option as you're further from the source :D Generally I like to buy where I stay, if they have good gear, as they've less of an interest in ripping you off when you're paying for a room as well. A street urchin in the Medina don't care as he will never see you again.

I was in a few peoples houses though as well looking through their wares. They just have loads of carrefour bags full of different grades of dry sift, it's a thing of beauty and hilarious at the same time, sitting there sipping mint tea sampling their wares! Next time I'm back I want to try find some of the Mexican sativa hash. Some farmers grow some sativa plants from seeds foreigners brought and you can get some sativa hash there now, I smoked a bit the last time, but never found sift, only pressed. I'm on a mission to find the dry sift next time.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I see High Times are all over it now.....place will be overran with stag parties soon at this rate! :P :P

https://hightimes.com/culture/morocco-l ... avel-spot/

It's funny the way they position it as "new", people have been going there for years, same like Parvatti Valley in India.