Advise for 1 night stay

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Brave13

Advise for 1 night stay

Post by Brave13 »

Some advice needed please.

I arrive in Amsterdam on Saturday morning (23rd) and will be staying in the blue sq hotel.

Our check in is at 2pm at the hotel so we will be heading straight to the coffee shops, and we can check in later.

We will be getting a bus/rail/ tram ticket to cover our weekend so where should we head to from the airport and by what means of transport?

I don't think there are many shops ( if any )within reasonable walking distance from our hotel so as long as we get back there at some point. I would like to start off working our way toward it though or even toward the best tram stop to take us there.

Thanks in advance

matty223

Re: Advise for 1 night stay

Post by matty223 »

Google 9292.nl great site for directions, for walking bus tram train

Peace matty
Brave13

Post by Brave13 »

Thanks matey
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

best advice for a 1 night stay is to make it 2 nights, on purpose or accident :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amsterdam dreaming.............
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

You're staying at the Blue Sq in Slotermeer? You're out there a ways. One shop fairly close to the hotel is Juicebar De Watersnip. It's about a five (5) minute walk.

However, you need to spend some time planning your transport. You are out there a ways. I'm thinking the train from Schiphol to Centraal Station is a good choice for phase 1. The are multiple transport options there! You can buy tram/bus/rail tickets there. Maybe you've already taken care of tickets. There are several coffeeshops nearby. Central and Voyagers come to mind. Stock up!!

Visiting a local shop, close to the hotel, is not a mission priority. Getting supplied is! Still a visit to a local shop would be cool.
Brave13

Post by Brave13 »

Thank you, yeah the hotels really only for a few hours sleep and at 15-20 mins on tram I can live with that. Got a travel ticket so all good there and hopefully be able to get onto the smoke boat for the lights. If I was staying longer I'd have stayed more central. Finish work on Friday early here so looking forward to a good days smoking before I head out to sample the finer buds in Amsterdam.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

TwoCanucks wrote: Mon 18th Dec 2017 05:19 pm best advice for a 1 night stay is to make it 2 nights, on purpose or accident :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Every time I read that I chuckle, so much truth!

Is Bus 21 going to be your transport? Curious minds can learn about the outer edges by asking questions!

If you make it to Juicebar De Watersnip, a menu shot and a review would be much appreciated! :mrgreen:
Brave13

Post by Brave13 »

notsofasteddie wrote: Wed 20th Dec 2017 12:42 am
TwoCanucks wrote: Mon 18th Dec 2017 05:19 pm best advice for a 1 night stay is to make it 2 nights, on purpose or accident :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If you make it to Juicebar De Watersnip, a menu shot and a review would be much appreciated! :mrgreen:
Will do, yeah the post was hilarious though didn't help one bit lol I think I will survive a 15 20 minute tram ride though. I'm a first timer to the city so didn't want to stay too close as I like my piece and quiet and assumed the centre would be party time to all hours, pipe and slippers man me, too much partying too young !!!!
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Your tram choices at the hotel are 13 and 14. Both will stop at Rozengracht. There, you can disembark with a very short walk to 1E Hulp CS. There is at least one more CS nearby.

Leaving 1E Hulp you can:

1. Go back to Rozengracht, get on either 13 or 14. Get off at Dam Square on continue to Centraal Station. Either way gets you to the RLD easily. You can spend an entire day/evening in the RLD cruising coffeeshops.

2. Get on tram 10 just outside 1E Hulp. Disembark at Leidsdplein, wander around. You can easily walk to Spui for Dampkring and 2E Kamer.

These are brief examples. If your smart phone works there, use it for locating coffeeshops and making transportation decisions. Use the tram system to save time. You can come back for leisurely walks another time.

Trams stop running around midnight and you _do not_ want to walk back to your hotel, trust me :-) Uber is your friend in this case.

In your case, i would make my way to the RLD and spend my evening there. There is so much more, but you can save it for another time.
"Laif" with a long "a".
Brave13

Post by Brave13 »

Have to say that you've given me a great help there with a good few shops you mention being on the list. Top post and thank you. Soon be there top of my shipping list is gorilla glue, and kush some nice reports on the gorilla but have never had the pleasure
Brave13

Post by Brave13 »

* shopping
One day at at time lol
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

You’re welcome.

Try to not get obsessed with strain hunting. It completely depends on the quality of the current batch of product.

Surf the shops, ask the bud tender what’s good at the moment, and live in the moment.

Be prepared to tell the BT if you want “high” or “stoned”. That’s the easiest way; many BTs will ask you this very question.

Have fun and post up a trip report!
"Laif" with a long "a".