Barcelona 6th-10th

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
RoMoney

Barcelona 6th-10th

Post by RoMoney »

Will be in Barcelona from Jan 6th-Jan 10th with a mate, if anyone is around a fancies a smoke let me know

Also, since I haven't been there since 2008 would appreciate any recommendations if anyone knows any particularly good places to eat etc. Staying near La Ramba, so quite central.

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Potimus

Re: Barcelona 6th-10th

Post by Potimus »

I wish I was in Bcn for January, but unfortunately for me I'm not. :mrgreen:

I do have some recommendations though:

For tapas:
Bar Cañete
www.barcanete.com

3 Hermanos
http://www.otoxo3hermanos.com/

For mojitos:
Bar Jardín
Hidden through a supermarket off of Career de la Portaferrissa, look for a camel outside, it is on an open rooftop so might be a bit cold in January if it's open.

Bar Pesca Salada for salty fish cocktails! On Carrer de la Cera

Parc de la Ciutadella is always lovely, you can't really go wrong with any of the parks in Barcelona.

Watch out for pickpockets, and if you buy beer from the guys on the street they probably store it in the sewers or somewhere nasty....

Have a great one!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Thanks man, judging from the advice most people gave me it seems the pickpockets are quite memorable as everyone mentions them :mrgreen:
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Potimus

Post by Potimus »

Yeah they're everywhere....same as most large tourist cities I guess though. Keep your wits about you in crowds and you're fine :)
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

they are about, its not very warm so wear a jacket, ideally one with a inside pocket, put your phone and wallet in there then let the pick pockets try!

the only place there seems to be any real trouble with them seems to be la rambla and down at busy metro stations.

highly recomend nectar and backyard. any trip to barca wouldnt be complete without popping into the plug, but the music in there is shiiiiiiit haha.

enjoy your trip!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986