Melkweg

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lind.j

Melkweg

Post by Lind.j »

Hi,
I'm in Amsterdam on Saturday for a week and going to Melkweg on Sunday.
Is Melkweg cannabis friendly? Does anyone know if you can smoke inside or if there is an area to smoke weed?
Thanks,
Joe

Pierre von Mondragon

Re: Melkweg

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

I've only been once, went to the very nice smoking room, with 'You Can Smoke In Here' written in large letters on the door, and I smoked up like fuck on my pipe to not one jot of hassle. In fact every single venue I've been to has had a smoking room that I have piped up in with no hassle; Paradiso's normal and Noord, Patronaat Haarlem, Gebr d' Nobel Leiden, OCCII, OT 301, etc Going to the Melkeweg for Turbowolf next month and will be shmoking up to fuck big time, same I imagine at Tivoli Vredenburg Utrecht for Sleep in May.

You will need a membership to get in, but you can get short month-long ones for the purpose.
Pierre von Mondragon

Gebr de Nobel in Leiden has a smoking room in the balcony where you can carry on watching the gig... fucking PINNACLE of civilisation!
Bullah

Post by Bullah »

I'm in Dam then on a solo trip. I'm torn between Turbowolf and Crowbar at De Flux.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

I was in the Tivoli Vredenburg last July and the only smoking opportunity inside was a glass capsule thing with a big extractor out of the roof, you could only fit about 3 people into it , I went outside.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
Pierre von Mondragon

Bullah wrote: Thu 22nd Mar 2018 08:54 pm I'm in Dam then on a solo trip. I'm torn between Turbowolf and Crowbar at De Flux.
I accidentally bought tickets for DJ Krush at Paradiso Noord the same night, I'm going to dash as soon as Turbowolf have finished and hope that Krush is on a bit later...
Pierre von Mondragon

Turbowolf are sheer energy and charisma live, also got a fresher sound IMO, do what you will though
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

i'd be a bit careful smoking cannabis at Melkwag. Some of the bouncers can be a bit too 'vigilient'
Uncle Dank
Pierre von Mondragon

Annabelle wrote: Sun 25th Mar 2018 10:47 pm i'd be a bit careful smoking cannabis at Melkwag. Some of the bouncers can be a bit too 'vigilient'
Yeah, I'll keep it to the wee room, I've never seen those being monitored.
Pierre von Mondragon

Yeah, no problem smoking up last night, the worst thing about the Melkeweg is that it is a Jupiler bar...