Solo female traveler in Amsterdam

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Chitownsolotravel

Solo female traveler in Amsterdam

Post by Chitownsolotravel »

Hi all - new to the forum! My travel plans are kind of confusing but bare with me. I have a 20 hour layover in Amsterdam from May 10-11 and am staying just west of Vondelpark. Then I’ll be back In Amsterdam May 16-20. During that time I have to split my Airbnb stays. One being once again near Vondelpark and the other in the center of town right by Bloemenmarkt.

- do ppl frown upon smoking in Vondelpark?
- any coffee shops near Vondelpark with decent food and drinks?
- I figure I’ll stick to rolling my own joint but I’m spoiled and currently buy pre rolled cones. Will coffee shops provide papers and help you roll? Any other methods of smoking they provide at the shops?

Devore

Re: Solo female traveler in Amsterdam

Post by Devore »

Hi there, I have just stayed down near there and I can have a go at answering your QS.

- do ppl frown upon smoking in Vondelpark? You should be respectful around kids and older people but generally nobody flutters an eye at you. If you read my trip report from last week you can see the shenanigans i got up to.

- any coffee shops near Vondelpark with decent food and drinks? Rookies and Easy Times would be two recommendations however Rookies is better for chilling in than ET. ET is more of a Buy and Fly kinda place.

- I figure I’ll stick to rolling my own joint but I’m spoiled and currently buy pre rolled cones. Will coffee shops provide papers and help you roll? Any other methods of smoking they provide at the shops? You can get almost anything you need in the shops including pre rolled cones. But if you're not up on rolling then the head shops around sell Raw cone papers that make things a lot easier.
Chitownsolotravel

Post by Chitownsolotravel »

Devore wrote: Mon 30th Apr 2018 04:10 pm Hi there, I have just stayed down near there and I can have a go at answering your QS.

- do ppl frown upon smoking in Vondelpark? You should be respectful around kids and older people but generally nobody flutters an eye at you. If you read my trip report from last week you can see the shenanigans i got up to.

- any coffee shops near Vondelpark with decent food and drinks? Rookies and Easy Times would be two recommendations however Rookies is better for chilling in than ET. ET is more of a Buy and Fly kinda place.

- I figure I’ll stick to rolling my own joint but I’m spoiled and currently buy pre rolled cones. Will coffee shops provide papers and help you roll? Any other methods of smoking they provide at the shops? You can get almost anything you need in the shops including pre rolled cones. But if you're not up on rolling then the head shops around sell Raw cone papers that make things a lot easier.
Hahaha found your post from your trip. That’s hilarious. Hope to meet some ppl while smoking since I tend to be on the shy side. Sounded like a great time.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Welcome to the forum.

You have been posted on the May Whos In Town page.
Scroll down to your month and click it.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

If you don't see yourself, click your refresh or reload button
Your browser sometimes loads pages from your local cache and
you don't get the latest update.

Watch for Toke & Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

Set yourself up with your own T&T or Toke and Talk, where you pick the coffeeshop
(your favorite) and the date and time, I will post it and you wait for folks to
show up, if they do you'll have a T&T. If they don't you still get to enjoy your
favorite coffeeshop!

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

You can do a little practice shopping on the Coffeeshop Menus page.
Any with arrows are less than six months old.

Any nice new menu pictures you can get will be much appreciated.
Always ask first, better told no than thrown out.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your Mouse do the walking
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Welcome to the forum :D have fun with your travels 8) I only drink coffee my wife loves the strawberry Looza never thought about any thing more than the munchies at coffeeshops though :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

High there :) welcome to the fray.

You will have no problem smoking outdoors anywhere in Amsterdam. As Devore says be mindful of children and you’ll get no dirty looks (that’s the worst you could expect) from anyone. Your hobby is tolerated. Be free :)

Coffeeshops and ‘nice’ food don’t go hand in hand unfortunately. YoYo in De Pijp will make you a nice Tosti (and also I believe La Tertulia on the prinsengracht) and have lovely smooth outdoor grown smoke. Both run by female owners and all the more welcoming for it - YoYo is probs one of my favourite quiet spots in the city - highly recommended as a change from the Coffeeshop norm.

Every (afaik) Coffeeshop will provide free rolling papers and cardboard filters for use - they’re usually on the counter near the budtender.

Have fun - let us know how you get on. We love a good travelogue around these parts
gapie

Post by gapie »

:mrgreen: :lol: :wink:
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Chitown, how was the trip?