Old Quarter

Accommodation related topics.
Rufus

Old Quarter

Post by Rufus »

Has anyone stayed here??

I've booked it for another roadtrip in Feb :wink: :lol: have just looked at the reviews on tripadvisor - fucking yikes!!! Mixed bag to say the least, some terrible, some good reviews...

Any thoughts would be welcomed, esp if someone could tell me to avoid the room with the creatures :shock:

Cheers all :P

vandaag is het begin van de rest van je leven
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Room 4 (single)was fine imo :)
CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY

Post by CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY »

ive stayed there....

was the single smallest double room ive ever had, i dunno if i was unlucky or if thats how they all are, but we could wash our hands in the sink without getting out of bed :lol:

there are positives! it has a wonderfull bar area as the ground floor, really one of the nicer bars on warmoerstraat (spelling?). dont worry as you are 1/2 mile up the vertical stairs so you wont hear the bar at night.

the staff were excellent when we stayed. full of info and smiles.

location, perfect really, spitting distance form hunters. at the top of warmoerstraat.

price, pretty fucking good price eh?

i guess everyones requirments are different, but if youre anything like me, (and seeing as you booked a cheap hotel, you are like me), then you should be fine. breafast wasnt included, but thats a good excuse to go find some pancakes somewhere.

the room is very basic, potentially very small, but i had no bed bugs, no nastys, no problems. we slept well, and when we woke, i was smack bang in the middle of where i wanted to be. what more could you want?

cant remeber toilet facilities, though, and if they were terrible, i would probably remember.

have fun!
Trips to the 'dam: 27
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

ftcarer wrote:Room 4 (single)was fine imo :)
Thanks for that FT I thought I remember that thread now - doh!!

FYI the two interesting reviews I found on tripadvisor - both negative said:

1. not for the over 30s cos the stairs are too steep :shock: wtf I'm over 30 but not crippled (yet)

2. loads of coffeesops close by - dare I say it again wtf :shock:

Now that second one to me is not a negative :D

The creatures thing does still have me a bit freaked out though :? Rufus does not do creatures especially in bed!
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

The stairs are steep but a stoned lean forward motion always helps :) as CSS has said , your right at the top of Warmoesstraat so easy as to find which always helps (Hunters 24 right next door opens at 07:00 :D ) , v friendly staff , can't comment on the bar but heard fuck all once in my room even with my window open , their apple pie & cream was delicious though :)
& NO BUGS SEEN BY ME WHATSOEVER :) & shower/toilet was clean .
E40 per night with brekkie , which I hope to actually give a try next trip :wink: woke up late & shot out for weed weed & weed last time :lol:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

booked room 7(double) for brother and his wife it has a kitchenette (thanks for that budster) spoke to laura, lovely girl dont have to pay till we arrive so if it goes tits up i dont loose a penny. breakfast included 60euros a night for the double.. great bargain + i can get up early and stumble over to hunters
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Thanks CSS and Stuart - the location was why we booked it and yeah it was cheap as chips :) €50 pp/pn means all the more money to spend on weed :P I'm sure it will be grand...
Lion King

Re: Old Quarter

Post by Lion King »

They started to so some major renovations not the place to stay in the next year or so.
Bevar Christiania
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Lion King wrote:They started to so some major renovations not the place to stay in the next year or so.
fuck , that doesn't sound good (i'm sure it will be very nice in the end), I better get extra stoned once i'm there :mrgreen:
Lion King

Post by Lion King »

they put up a scaffold on the canal side, they started working around 7 am just outside my window. very noisy :twisted:
my best advise is to find somewhere else to stay....
Bevar Christiania
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Lion King wrote:they put up a scaffold on the canal side, they started working around 7 am just outside my window. very noisy :twisted:
my best advise is to find somewhere else to stay....
Think they were done by the time we got there , don't remember hearing a thing .
Will say this , another good stay , no probs but if stairs area prob for you make sure they aren't putting you in room H9 across the road , 4 bastard flights :evil: :twisted: :lol:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

when i left on the 16th they were busy banging away at 7 am right outside the shitty plastic window thingy (which is useless for stopping any sound)
stokey

Post by stokey »

I stayed in H9 last year and as you can see from the stuart1976's pictures it is one seriously fucked up room, can't barely stand up straight in it, beams across the middle of the room and that weird flap in the wall (which i couldn't figure out how to get it open, too much weed i guess). BUT for the price it was a bargain, bed was comfy, it was the only budget room I've had in Dam with a fridge in it and got a great breakfast thrown in too. If you are staying there for one night it isn't so bad.
buster.g40

Post by buster.g40 »

I go here all the time...i always try to book room H7.
Been in the main building a few times aswell...decent
enough digs and location for the cash...