Hotel Voyagers

Accommodation related topics.
choppermike

Re: Hotel Voyagers

Post by choppermike »

Twin En-suite Room ( room 4 or 6 ) now available for April 19th 20th 21st and 22nd !!!!! ( I thought i'd booked Room 2 )

..... for any ACD'ers still looking for accommodation / thinking of attending the conference !!!!!

.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
tinky

Post by tinky »

choppermike wrote: Fri 31st Mar 2017 10:21 am Twin En-suite Room ( room 4 or 6 ) now available for April 19th 20th 21st and 22nd !!!!! ( I thought i'd booked Room 2 )

..... for any ACD'ers still looking for accommodation / thinking of attending the conference !!!!!
Thanks Choppermike, Just booked this and cancelled the single room i had at Voyagers , Single room now free from 19/22nd April.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Forgot to mention in my previous review - the curtains, at least in room 2 are threadbare. Expect light to come through as soon as the sun comes up. And bring earplugs! I did not get a single decent nights sleep here.,

Honestly, there are better places for the same or less money... but if you MUST stay above a coffeeshop, I guess this is the place to do it...I'm glad I did, but won't again.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Room release Comrades, heads up 😀
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
jonah1983

Post by jonah1983 »

Stayed here in feb room 6 I think it was great location and great clean room with own shower and toilet comfy beds and fantastic views for he price you really can't go wrong
Waldo Swan

Post by Waldo Swan »

Stayed here for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Good value for the money but wont stay in a room above number four again. Was all the way at the top. Those stairs man, ugh. Im too stoned for all that mountain climbing. :D
I come in peace. Take me to your pizza!
Haggdogg

Post by Haggdogg »

Hey, little help if anyone can. I've not stayed at voyagers before, so not sure what the protocol is. I've booked the twin room for a couple of weeks time, but have noticed that the double room is now available for my dates. Is it cool to just cancel the twin room and book the double instead?
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

Sure - I don't see any reason why not! Go for the better room if you can get it, Haggdogg!

Though just for the sake of of not missing out on the double while you're cancelling the twin, book the double room first, THEN cancel the twin... I tried a similar thing with another hotel once and while I was cancelling my first booking, the room I really wanted got booked from right under my nose! Then I went to rebook the first room but it was booked up while I'd been trying to get the second "better" room...

In the end, I opted for a hotel I'd never stayed at before (Voyagers) - so it wasn't a bad move in the long run, but I'd always stayed at the same hotel up until then. Creature of habit, I guess - and I had no problem with the hotel I'd been used to up until I discovered how much better Voyagers was!

Have fun!
djreign

Post by djreign »

Hi all, I'm booked in Voyager 8-12 March. Is there a direct email or a number anyone is aware of? I'm arriving 5 pm and I don't want to risk then thinking I'm not turning up and letting the room out to a 'walk up'. I could be worrying about nothing and my conf email clearly states my arrival time.

I booked a twin years ago, In Danny's days, and he booked me into a double, despite us talking for the 3 months prior. Now, I like my companion a lot but I didn't want to share a stoned sleep with him. Danny did instantly sort us out a succession of apartments for the 6 days though.

Any help much appreciated.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

There won't be any problem as long as you get there before the shop closes. But email hotelvoyagersamsterdam@gmail.com if you're worried.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

djreign wrote: Mon 19th Feb 2018 04:09 pm Hi all, I'm booked in Voyager 8-12 March. Is there a direct email or a number anyone is aware of? I'm arriving 5 pm and I don't want to risk then thinking I'm not turning up and letting the room out to a 'walk up'. I could be worrying about nothing and my conf email clearly states my arrival time.

I booked a twin years ago, In Danny's days, and he booked me into a double, despite us talking for the 3 months prior. Now, I like my companion a lot but I didn't want to share a stoned sleep with him. Danny did instantly sort us out a succession of apartments for the 6 days though.

Any help much appreciated.

Hotel Voyagers Website - contact information page If you're really worried, there's a phone number!

Hotel Voyagers Website
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Jaysus this place books out long in advance! Can't get a double room for early December!! Will have to keep the peepers open for cancellations!!

Am I right in thinking this is just due to its popularity or is there something going on in dec that I'm not aware of?
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

The rooms are only released in blocks throughout the year - from the look of Hotelrunners' website, October onwards isn't available yet..

If you see an entire month blocked out like that across ALL the rooms in the entire hotel, that's generally what it means...

8)
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Ah legend, thanks man! Having the problem with flights too. Ryanair don't have the November and December scedule either. It's actually the first time I've had funds to book both flight and accom at the same time and I can't do either cause I'm too early!

Wish the other aspects of my life were that organised!
djreign

Post by djreign »

Great. Thanks FOD, NSFE :D