Zeeburg camping

Accommodation related topics.
Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Zeeburg camping

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

...deposit of 20€, I imagine, as they did with me. But when I said I'd be leaving at chickenyawn before the office opened to get it back, they said never mind. Cool people.

I arrived late at night – they leave an envelope with a key for you – and was directed towards the furry cabins by an Irishman who may be the only person hardy enough to pitch a tent at this time of year.

You know how Amsterdam trams charge by the stop, so that you actually save a few cents if you walk on a bit further? This is, um, Dutch enough (why pay for what you're not using?), but I noticed that going from Zeeburg to Centraal Station costs 1.53€, while the return route is 1.60€. This bothered me. So I looked it up, and discovered that the charge isn't by the stop, but by 50m worth of track, and the 26 takes a slightly longer journey going out towards Ijburg, because it has to make that turn. Tram charges, in case you were wondering, are 0.151€ per 50m of track in addition to the 0.88€ levied at the outset. The Dutch are clinically insane.

RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

hahahahaah fatolddwarf you are right
* thinks of posting greedy jew joke but doesnt * xD
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Steverfc1872

Post by Steverfc1872 »

Is there anywhere inside that you can smoke at zeeburg or do you need to smoke outside
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

they have fitted smoke detectors in all wagonette and eco pods so smoking inside needs to be your tent. saying that the wagonettes have a back seating area i liked that and the eco pods had a slab of concrete outside pod for seating (was winter when we went slab was always freezing and it was fuking cold) in summer i guess its lovely, theres the danger of parents and kids in pod next to you im not keen on smoking in front of kids and sods law says everytime you want a joint they are outside. just bring a tent.. i still love the place though and you can still smoke everywhere else and as much as you want. there are pictures of accommodation on the site or google pics
Steverfc1872

Post by Steverfc1872 »

Cheers for the info Stuart sounds great looking forward to 5 nights there next week
andyc

Post by andyc »

i've stayed there a few times and always smoked no problems. just not inside the cabin/wagonette. as stuart says both have a small sitting area and its always been fine to smoke there. i always enjoy a smoke taking a stroll around the campsite too. there is also a seating area next to the restaurant which everyone smokes at. im going next week for a few days stevie so might bump into you
Steverfc1872

Post by Steverfc1872 »

Cheers for the info Andy I'm arriving there next Sunday hope to catch you at some point
andyc

Post by andyc »

I'm here just now mate. Just checked in. :D
Will be here till Thursday
Steverfc1872

Post by Steverfc1872 »

Nice one mate hope your having a great time Sunday can't come quick enough for me