Waterfront hotel

Accommodation related topics.
Salt Cracker

Waterfront hotel

Post by Salt Cracker »

Going to amsterdam in may for the first time with two friends. Booked a 3-man room at the "Waterfront Hotel".
Around 175 euro's per person for 5 nights, pretty decent. Read a few reviews about the hotel. Some say it is worse than being in a prison, others say it is alright and has a nice staff/service.

Got a few questions.... Anyone that have any experience with this hotel? We get a balcony on our room. I guess it's okay to smoke weed on the balcony, right? Could probably ask the staff if its okay.

Bob2

Re: Waterfront hotel

Post by Bob2 »

dont ask just do.. your going outside i see nothing wrong there, if you ask theres always a chance they say no. well even without a balcony ill sit next to open window (if it aint cold). you only worry if theres a sign saying theres a fine for smoking in this hotel (ive seen it before i think 100e fine) or the hotel manager banging on your room door. i would pretty much trust most reviews when they all say the same thing. can you get a refund and then stay at an apartment??
Salt Cracker

Re: Waterfront hotel

Post by Salt Cracker »

stuart1976 wrote:dont ask just do.. your going outside i see nothing wrong there, if you ask theres always a chance they say no. well even without a balcony ill sit next to open window (if it aint cold). you only worry if theres a sign saying theres a fine for smoking in this hotel (ive seen it before i think 100e fine) or the hotel manager banging on your room door. i would pretty much trust most reviews when they all say the same thing. can you get a refund and then stay at an apartment??
We booked the prinsenhuis appartment first, but decided for a cheap hotel near centrum instead since we won't use that much time at the hotel. Sure the appartment would be really nice, but were just gonna use the hotel for sleeping, showering and maybe have a smoke and drink at the balcony. 200 euro more to spend per person on other shit. :D

But we are gonna do what you said. Not ask, just do it. Logically it shouldnt be any problem, as long as we don't smoke up the whole neighbourhood. :twisted: